• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 King Diamond

King Diamond

Give Me Your Soul...Please

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 01:12 AM

The following way is absolutely clean (ignore unnecessary mods if you don't want to install them):

1) ToB+offic. patch
2) Latest G3 FixPack.
3) SoS v1.12 / TDD v1.12 / CtB v1.9 / RoT v2.1 / TS-BP v6.10 / BGT-WeiDU v1.04 - in any order
5) Install ANY other mods you want here (be sure they're truly WeiDU and don't ruin anything).
6) BP v1.77 Public BETA
7) Worldmap, latest version (v6.6)
8) If you want you may activate preferable GUI at this point - just run GUI-Switcher.

Please note that NeJ2 is still partially incompatible with this bunch....Install it without CtB if you wish and with all requirements of its own.

Some tips:
- original TS v6.11(08,09) is NOT compatible with the listed mods. Never install them togeteher. Install TS-BP v6.10 instead that is an adaptation of the original for mega-install.

Edited by King Diamond, 25 June 2007 - 05:38 AM.

(last update: 02-12-2008)
----------------------------------------------
SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#2 Voinokin

Voinokin
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 02:46 AM

6) Install ANY other mods you want here (hope they're truly WeiDU and don't ruin anything).

Does this mean that:
a. NEJ2v42b + NEJ2v602 + BGTNEJ2_v1
b. DSotSC-WeiDU 1.80 + NTotSC-WeiDU 1.40 + patch 1.41
c. SoBH 2.01 + patch 2.02
should go at this step ?

BTW, what about NEJ files NeJ2v60a.exe/NeJ2v60b.exe - are they needed and at what step if so ?

Edited by Voinokin, 20 March 2006 - 02:54 AM.

#3 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 07:15 AM

8) Worldmap, latest version

Yacomo's one, you mean?

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#4 horred the plague

horred the plague

Scourge of the Seven Seas

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 08:09 AM

6) Install ANY other mods you want here (hope they're truly WeiDU and don't ruin anything).

Does this mean that:
a. NEJ2v42b + NEJ2v602 + BGTNEJ2_v1
b. DSotSC-WeiDU 1.80 + NTotSC-WeiDU 1.40 + patch 1.41
c. SoBH 2.01 + patch 2.02
should go at this step ?

BTW, what about NEJ files NeJ2v60a.exe/NeJ2v60b.exe - are they needed and at what step if so ?

Just use NeJ2v602 patch, right after NeJ2. It was a cumulative patch.

A quick question for KD: If TDD,SoS, and TS-BP go before BGT-weidu, why do they have checks for it (besides the startscreen text code)?

And another one: Is there some other problem besides animations that make CtB and NeJ2 incompatible? If not, and the animation problem is incurable...perhaps I can cure it a different way, just for this particular instance... :whistling:

Edited by horred the plague, 20 March 2006 - 10:28 AM.

#5 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 10:55 AM

A quick question for KD: If TDD,SoS, and TS-BP go before BGT-weidu, why do they have checks for it (besides the startscreen text code)?

Because they can go after it as well. :D

And another one: Is there some other problem besides animations that make CtB and NeJ2 incompatible? If not, and the animation problem is incurable...perhaps I can cure it a different way, just for this particular instance... :whistling:

I didn't have enough time to examine NeJ2 carefully so I just don't know what else beside animations can cause problems (maybe nothing, but I can't say for a moment)

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#6 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 02:37 PM

I report this installation order works perfectly as well (in fact, it is backwards of my usual installation order):

1. BD-WeiDU
2. BGT-WeiDU
3. TS-BP
4. CtB
5. TDD
6. SoS
7. Other
9. BP
10. Revised BP-BGT Worldmap
11. GUI-Switcher activation

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#7 Jah-din

Jah-din
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 04:28 PM

Awesome, I was hoping I would find a list like this. B)

Is there any way someone could provide links for the downloads mentioned in this thread? It would be helpfull

Edited by Jah-din, 19 April 2006 - 04:40 PM.

#8 kimmel

kimmel
  • 37 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 07:11 AM

Check KD's and Asc64's signatures above for some download links...

and you can find a ton of mod downloads (everything mentioned above and more) at http://america.iegmc.net/Welcome.html

for other links you can check the impressive mod list: http://modlist.pocke...e.net/index.php

(hey, look at that, a question I can help with!)

Edited by kimmel, 20 April 2006 - 07:14 AM.

#9 Rubberduck

Rubberduck
  • 171 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 01:10 AM

The following way is absolutely clean (ignore unnecessary mods if you don't want to install them):

1) ToB+offic. patch
2) BDash-WeiDU (or G3 fixpack).
3) SoS v1.10/TDD v1.10/CtB v1.7 (+ fix 1) - in any order
4) TS-BP v6.04.01
5) BGT-WeiDU v1.00
7) BP v1.76 Public BETA
9) If you want you may activate preferable GUI at this point - just run GUI-Switcher.

Please note that NeJ2 is still partially incompatible with this bunch....Install it without CtB if you wish and with all requirements of its own.

Some tips:
- TS v6.05 is NOT compatible with the listed mods. Never install them togeteher. And it has absolutely the same contents as TS-BP v6.04.01;
- all necessary fixes for the listed mods are mentioned in my signature. Don't invent anything...

So, where do i have to install bg1 + tales from the sword coast? Do i need a special folder or installation order? Right now i've just installed bg2+tob+latest patch. In a few days bg1 (hopefully) arrives and i plan to do the "big thing". Any further tipps or hints?

#10 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 01:23 AM

So, where do i have to install bg1 + tales from the sword coast? Do i need a special folder or installation order? Right now i've just installed bg2+tob+latest patch. In a few days bg1 (hopefully) arrives and i plan to do the "big thing". Any further tipps or hints?

BG1 is an absolute different game and has no connection to the posted mods combination that is definitely a BG2 mods set.

But of course you need it if you want to play BGT (only in that case).

Install it in a separate folder and follow BGT installation instructions precisely....

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#11 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 16 May 2006 - 01:38 AM

Thank you. That's exactly what i planned to do. Playing the whole thig from the beginning in candlekeep towards the great final. Meaning weeks of no social contact and a very angry wife :D

I always thought there is bg1. Then some mods for bg1. Then comes bg2+tob and some mods. Finally with the bgt everything can be combined and played together. Or did i get something wrong?

#12 Rubberduck

Rubberduck
  • 171 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 01:43 AM

Sorry. Double post :whistling:

Thank you. That's exactly what i planned to do. Playing the whole thing from the beginning in candlekeep towards the great final. Using as many as possible mods. Meaning weeks of no social contact and a very angry wife :D

I always thought there is bg1. Then some mods for bg1. Then comes bg2+tob and some mods. Finally with the bgt everything can be combined and played together. Or did i get something wrong?

#13 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 02:30 AM

Rubberduck: BP-BGt install order is listed here.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#14 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 22 May 2006 - 08:10 AM

Rubberduck: BP-BGt install order is listed here.

seanas,

Ascension64 has listed Virtue as not compatible with BGT. I'd suggest you to remove it from the list above... :cheers:

#15 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 08 June 2006 - 01:10 AM

From where can i get BP v 1.76? I can't find it anywhere.

#16 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 14 June 2006 - 12:33 AM

:Bow:

1) ToB+offic. patch
4) TS-BP v6.04.01
5) BGT-WeiDU v1.00
7) BP v1.76 Public BETA
9) If you want you may activate preferable GUI at this point - just run GUI-Switcher.

Some tips:
- TS v6.05 is NOT compatible with the listed mods. Never install them togeteher. And it has absolutely the same contents as TS-BP v6.04.01;
- all necessary fixes for the listed mods are mentioned in my signature. Don't invent anything...

I have followed this list quite at all: chosen CtB, skipped the BGT-WeiDU v100, added other mods (abystore, ajocmod, bagbonus, BWquest, exnem, improved anvil, ribald genie, rolles, RoT2.0, BoM, tzshop and volcano). I started game in Candle keep, but can't read my "journal-quest". I taugth it was because i was a child, so I've gone on. But in irenicus dungeon the problem is the same: I can read my "done quests", but I can't with "open quests" fron the journal. I tried the look for across the forums but find nothing. Someone can help me ? :Bow:

#17 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 14 June 2006 - 10:00 AM

:Bow:

1) ToB+offic. patch
4) TS-BP v6.04.01
5) BGT-WeiDU v1.00
7) BP v1.76 Public BETA

Some tips:

I have followed this list quite at all: chosen CtB, skipped the BGT-WeiDU v100, added other mods (abystore, ajocmod, bagbonus, BWquest, exnem, improved anvil, ribald genie, rolles, RoT2.0, BoM, tzshop and volcano). I started game in Candle keep, but can't read my "journal-quest". I taugth it was because i was a child, so I've gone on. But in irenicus dungeon the problem is the same: I can read my "done quests", but I can't with "open quests" fron the journal. I tried the look for across the forums but find nothing. Someone can help me ? :Bow:

I reinstalled everythingh... it works !!! SORRY! :whistling:

#18 Quinevis

Quinevis
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 08:41 PM

3) SoS v1.18/TDD v1.18/CtB v1.8/RoT v2.0/TS-BP v6.04.02 - in any order

A bit confused, cannot find any mention of SoS or TDD versions 1.18 anywhere at all, and am only able to locate up to v1.11 for each. Is it a typo, indication of versions to come, or am I just utterly clueless (often this is indeed the case)?

Edit: Also, to clarify, since the file iteself does not seem to have instructions, at what point in the installation should the BGT for WM6 update be installed, and also to be sure, the "Animation Scheme" in KD's sig isn't something you install, it's just something to look at, right? My apologies if that's the stupidest question you have ever heard.

Also...not trying to invent anything, but...are the TP2 fixes necessary for the BP installation? /hide

Edited by Quinevis, 15 June 2006 - 08:57 PM.

#19 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 01:16 AM

3) SoS v1.18/TDD v1.18/CtB v1.8/RoT v2.0/TS-BP v6.04.02 - in any order

A bit confused, cannot find any mention of SoS or TDD versions 1.18 anywhere at all, and am only able to locate up to v1.11 for each. Is it a typo, indication of versions to come, or am I just utterly clueless (often this is indeed the case)?

this is a typo, yes - use v1.11 (or higher, if they exist - which they dont at the time of posting)

Edit: Also, to clarify, since the file iteself does not seem to have instructions, at what point in the installation should the BGT for WM6 update be installed, and also to be sure, the "Animation Scheme" in KD's sig isn't something you install, it's just something to look at, right? My apologies if that's the stupidest question you have ever heard.

the BGT for WM6 update isn't necessary at the moment, as there's no worldmap v6 at present; when it arrives, you'd run BGT for WM6 after BGT is finished, and before WM6 is installed.

the Animation Scheme isn't something yuo install - it's a list of available animations for ppl making mods to refer to.

Also...not trying to invent anything, but...are the TP2 fixes necessary for the BP installation? /hide

* if you mean the tp2 fixes for TDD, SoS, etc? no, not necessary any more.
* if you mean the .tp2 fixes for NEJ2: yes, you have to hack up the NEJ2 .tp2 in order to get it to install with this stuff.
* if you mean the .tp2 fix for BPv176 - yes, download the most recent version BPv176_tp2_fix002.zip (which i've attached to the bottom of this post for good measure), extract the file Setup-BPv176.tp2 and overwrite the existing Setup-BPv176.tp2 in yr BGII direcotry with the new one.

Attached Files

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#20 Quinevis

Quinevis
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 04:21 AM

Thank you! Just preparing for when WM6 is released, no, not planning to use nej as of now, just tdd, sos, ts, ctb, rot, dtotsc, ntotsc, sobh, bp, bgt and wm6. Ah, and BD 1.5. Not to say I don't want to use nej, but I just have this feeling that I am not experienced in this enough to get it to run right with everything else, you know? Just deciding now if I am going to wait for the next BP release or suck it up and live with the screwy creature strings. Thanks for your help!

Edited by Quinevis, 16 June 2006 - 04:22 AM.