• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 King Diamond

King Diamond

Give Me Your Soul...Please

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 05:05 AM

I want to apologize but I need to say that some wrong stuff has avoided my attention and - once again - connected to GUI switcher part of BGT-WeiDU TP2.

So, here's a fast solution for the currently available version (I hope Asc64 will update the whole package soon).

Following lines #8402-05 must be removed from Setup-BGT.tp2

COPY_EXISTING ~GUI_Mods/GUI_Mods.2DA~ ~GUI_Mods~
   READ_2DA_ENTRY 0 1 2 "slot_name"
   SET_2DA_ENTRY  0 1 2 "%slot_name%"+1  //NEXT_AVAILABLE_MOD_SLOT

Otherwise, there'll be troubles if you're going to install any other 'big' mod (TDD,SoS,CtB,TS-BP or BP).

If you have them installed already I recommend to reinstall them.

P.S> That is for BGT only. All other big mods have a correct coding.

Edited by King Diamond, 20 March 2006 - 05:48 AM.

(last update: 02-12-2008)
----------------------------------------------
SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#2 Anomaly

Anomaly
  • 562 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 05:13 AM

That's probably why BP-WeiDU corrupted my BGT-WeiDU's installation and also itself (BP won't reinstall anymore) when I tried to switch to the "Big Picture" GUI. :(

@KD: You said to reinstall the mods... including BGT-WeiDU ?

Edited by Anomaly, 20 March 2006 - 05:14 AM.

French translator of: BG2 FixPack, BG2 Tweaks, Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU, BGT-Tweaks and some minor mods.

#3 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 05:18 AM

That's probably why BP-WeiDU corrupted my BGT-WeiDU's installation and also itself (BP won't reinstall anymore) when I tried to switch to the "Big Picture" GUI. :(

@KD: You said to reinstall the mods... including BGT-WeiDU ?

Of course - EVERYTHING.

But taking in account that all new stuff has been released just few days ago I hope that won't screw your new game completely....

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#4 Anomaly

Anomaly
  • 562 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 05:31 AM

Just to be sure : people already playing the current BGT-WeiDU as the only "big" mod won't need to apply this patch and reinstall, even if they use the GUI switcher to select between BG1 and BG2 music, right ?
French translator of: BG2 FixPack, BG2 Tweaks, Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU, BGT-Tweaks and some minor mods.

#5 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 05:47 AM

Just to be sure : people already playing the current BGT-WeiDU as the only "big" mod won't need to apply this patch and reinstall, even if they use the GUI switcher to select between BG1 and BG2 music, right ?

Sorry but ... where is the GUI switcher you're speaking about? KD, did you release the GUI switcher?

May be i lost something :blink: :blink:

mm75

PS: anyway thanks KD to find that bug :Bow:

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#6 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 05:52 AM

Sorry but ... where is the GUI switcher you're speaking about? KD, did you release the GUI switcher?

Have you ever tried to look inside TP2 and find those lines? I even gave you necessary line numbers...

Just to be sure : people already playing the current BGT-WeiDU as the only "big" mod won't need to apply this patch and reinstall, even if they use the GUI switcher to select between BG1 and BG2 music, right

Here:

Otherwise, there'll be troubles if you're going to install any other 'big' mod (TDD,SoS,CtB,TS-BP or BP).

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#7 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 06:45 AM

Have you ever tried to look inside TP2 and find those lines? I even gave you necessary line numbers...

Oh i thought the new GUI you were working was a separate install ... so is it embedded in BGT installaton, correct? (i've not tried yet new BGT so i'm asking for that),

mm75

Edited by melkor_morgoth75, 20 March 2006 - 06:46 AM.

#8 Valfar

Valfar
  • 56 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 06:57 AM

if there is a change in tp2 - are you going to change files on servers? If so, could you change one thing in polish translation? I mean the shift of file prompts.tra (here is the corrected version)

Edited by Valfar, 20 March 2006 - 07:00 AM.

Posted Image

#9 horred the plague

horred the plague

Scourge of the Seven Seas

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 07:30 AM

Hmm, I didn't do this, and the GUI installed as expected. I even "piggybacked" the TUTUGUI into a slot, manually. I was more concerned that CtB didn't keep record of its songlist additions, and the overwriting of songlist.2da by the music-switching component (why would you overwrite a list that wasn't even filled up?) Replace good, used entries with empty slots (84-99 = empty)?

Also, the REPLACE_TEXTUALLY isn't working. Valygar.bcs, for example, still has several PlaySong(94) referrences intact (not PlaySong(0), like the component suggests to do). I've already posted a related issue on weidu forums.

#10 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 11:23 AM

Also, the REPLACE_TEXTUALLY isn't working. Valygar.bcs, for example, still has several PlaySong(94) referrences intact (not PlaySong(0), like the component suggests to do). I've already posted a related issue on weidu forums.

I'm an idiot! :blink: Everything is fixed and sent to Asc64....

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#11 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 01:36 PM

I'm an idiot! :blink: Everything is fixed and sent to Asc64....

Let me guess--was it the slashes missing, the quotes on "Valygar", etc-- or both?

#12 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 02:46 PM

I'll update the servers with an updated version of BGT-WeiDU soon. Note: you will not have to start a new game in this update, but you will need to re-install, so make sure you re-install everything exactly as was before.

Valfar, can you post a screenshot of what the installation prompts look like during installation? Don't post what the prompts.tra look like here, get a screenshot of DOS during the prompts or the installation. Are you sure there is absolutely no way to get the Polish characters displayed correctly?

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#13 Anomaly

Anomaly
  • 562 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 04:06 PM

Ascension64, if you upload a new version of BGT-WeiDU, can you correct two glitches in [French]PostInstall.htm ?

Check the lines that begins by :
- Rêves ? Certaines narrations de rêves, dans certaines langues, sont incomplètes
- Race ennemie de Minsc

These long lines (the ones you asked me to translate afterwards) do not wrap unlike the others and the user must scroll horizontally to read them. This is uncomfortable. :(

#14 UnholyAngel

UnholyAngel
  • 30 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 07:50 PM

Just to get this clarified. Is there a error or incompatibility with the way CtB handles the songlist or would Horred just like another procedure better?

#15 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 08:07 PM

Just to get this clarified. Is there a error or incompatibility with the way CtB handles the songlist or would Horred just like another procedure better?

The songlist from CtB isn't "incompatible." It was "not dealt with" :lol:

The BGT songlist (from the GUI switcher) automatically overwrites the songlist.2da entries for both ctb and ts. TS is intentionally overwritten (there is code procedure for it); CtB was not even mentioned in the code. When the GUI install was done, there were 16 empty songlist slots. Plenty of room for both TS and CtB--plus an NPC mod or 2. But their slots were deleted, by choice. And I was disagreeing with this choice (stating my opinion, as both a game enthusiast and a fellow modder).

Furthermore, the code that was there to delete TS songs was not working. For example; it left referrences in Valygar.bcs for PlaySong(94). There was no songlist.2da entry for value 94, and this was most likely the scene of a future CTD incident.

#16 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 12:12 AM

Let me guess--was it the slashes missing, the quotes on "Valygar", etc-- or both?

No. It was another bug, not related to a syntax or something...

And plz believe me - as far as it's impossible to say when 2DA will become full the current algorithm is the only possible.

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#17 UnholyAngel

UnholyAngel
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 03:42 AM

Could you please post the updated tp2, to elliminate the need to wait till the servers will be updated.

#18 raoul82

raoul82
  • 39 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 03:43 AM

I'll update the servers with an updated version of BGT-WeiDU soon. Note: you will not have to start a new game in this update, but you will need to re-install, so make sure you re-install everything exactly as was before.

Valfar, can you post a screenshot of what the installation prompts look like during installation? Don't post what the prompts.tra look like here, get a screenshot of DOS during the prompts or the installation. Are you sure there is absolutely no way to get the Polish characters displayed correctly?

Hey when will be the updated version on the mirrors? Thanks, Raoul

#19 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 04:02 AM

Be patience friend, peace :)

mm75

#20 UnholyAngel

UnholyAngel
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 04:23 AM

After waiting for several month to finally play this installation it is kind of hard to be patient right now.... :unsure: