• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#41 horred the plague

horred the plague

Scourge of the Seven Seas

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 01:55 AM

Continue playing and give us the feedback please ;)

Seems even with a fresh patched install of BD-WeiDU+SOS+CtB+TDD+TS+BP (in that order) I still get problems with weird little bugs, similar to the Direwolf problem. For example, I try right-clicking Hull (the guard standing before the gate at Candlekeep - this is convenient because it's so near the beginning of the game) and get weird text from elsewhere. No "little" mods have been installed, only those mentioned above. The problem was not there before BP was installed. Hope this helps.

Exactly the same thing here (and worst of all, Hull stopped *yawning* ^_^ )!

Same for Phlydia and some others in Candlekeep. At first I thought it was a BG1NPC issue, but since Xerxandi said 'no "little" mods' installed for him...

BTW I have started yesterday a new game, and will report if other things like that (or others) are showing. For now, at least: nothing quest-breaking. Hope this helps too.

Some of this is caused by all the "old-BP" cre files still present, that have not been converted to hex-patching yet (one of the main reasons this is still BETA). Certain file referrences were set up for specific strings in a specific TLK file, which no longer exists in this install.

#42 Scalner

Scalner
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 02:54 AM

Some of this is caused by all the "old-BP" cre files still present, that have not been converted to hex-patching yet (one of the main reasons this is still BETA). Certain file referrences were set up for specific strings in a specific TLK file, which no longer exists in this install.

Thanks Horred for the fast answer. Can't wait to see the "FINAL" release ;)

In the meantime since that specific kind of bugs are not "game-breaking", I'll continue on my adventurous path. And once again thanks to all you modders :Bow:

Fred (not logged before, having forgotten that he already had an account on SHS :whistling: )

#43 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 09:31 AM

Em that`s damn strange ;). i`ve reinstalled everything + some more mods and everything seems to be ok...

#44 -Xerxandi-

-Xerxandi-

Posted 27 March 2006 - 07:56 PM

Horred, just wondering if these issues like Phyldia/Hull/Direwolves etc giving the wrong sub dialogues need to be weeded out one-by-one or if it's just a matter of direct conversion of a known quantity of files (to hex-patching)? Is this a fairly simple but mundane task or something more complicated?

Reason for my question is twofold: I'm not sure if it's any use me pointing these out as "bugs" if I find any more, and also It will give me an idea of what needs to be done before BP will address these problems.

I'm not going to be so rude as to ask for an ETA for the first non-beta BP-Weidu, but maybe I can make my own educated estimate on when it's likely to surface...:D

Also, does anybody know what it means when you start a new game with BP installed and it gives the message "<char name> has gained -1 quest experience points"....?

Em that`s damn strange . i`ve reinstalled everything + some more mods and everything seems to be ok...

Really, no out of context message when you start a new game of BG1 and right click on Phyldia (who's standing directly north)? If you're not getting these problems and BP is installed could you post your Weidu.log? Here's mine. As you can see it's a fairly minimal install of the bigger mods only and I still am getting these problems:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name
~SETUP-BD-TOB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldurdash Fix Pack for ToB, v1.5 WeiDU
~SETUP-BD-TOB.TP2~ #0 #1 // Textupdatepack -> Baldurdash English Text Update Pack for ToB, v1.4 WeiDU
~SETUP-CTB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Check The Bodies, v1.7
~SETUP-SOS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Shadows Over Soubar, v1.10
~SETUP-TDD.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Darkest Day, v1.10
~SETUP-TDD.TP2~ #0 #1 // TDD Character Kits
~SETUP-TS-BP.TP2~ #0 #0 // TORTURED SOULS v6.04.01 (BP Compatible Version)
~SETUP-BGT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Core
~SETUP-BPV175.TP2~ #0 #0 // Big Picture AI/Enhancement Mod, version 175 weidu (beta)
~SETUP-BPV175.TP2~ #0 #1 // Improved Suldanessallar
~SETUP-BPV175.TP2~ #0 #2 // Improved Spellhold
~SETUP-BPV175.TP2~ #0 #3 // Wand of Orcus Add-In
~SETUP-BPV175.TP2~ #0 #4 // Improved Small Teeth Pass, by Kensai Ryu
~SETUP-BPV175.TP2~ #0 #5 // Improved Kangaxx Encounter, by Kensai Ryu
~SETUP-BPV175.TP2~ #0 #6 // Kensai Ryu's Improved Crypt King
~SETUP-BPV175.TP2~ #0 #7 // Kensai Ryu's Gnome Fighter/Illusionist in the Docks
~SETUP-BPV175.TP2~ #0 #8 // Improved Random Encounters, by Gebhard Blucher and Kensai Ryu
~SETUP-BPV175.TP2~ #0 #9 // Gebhard Blucher's Lich in the Docks
~SETUP-BPV175.TP2~ #0 #10 // Red Badge, Poison-Based Encounter, by Westley Weimer
~SETUP-BPV175.TP2~ #0 #11 // Kuroisan the Acid Kensai, by Westley Weimer
~SETUP-BPV175.TP2~ #0 #12 // The Ritual, by Westley Weimer
~SETUP-BPV175.TP2~ #0 #14 // Ascension for BP

#45 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 10:04 PM

You've got something else going on. I had far more mods and far less issues than you described.

#46 Scalner

Scalner
  • 26 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 10:36 PM

Also, does anybody know what it means when you start a new game with BP installed and it gives the message "<char name> has gained -1 quest experience points"....?

If I'm not mistaken, that's not BP but rather a BGT "issue", i.e. in previous version you began the game with XP100. Now you've got this message when it's correctly set to 0.

Edited by Scalner, 27 March 2006 - 10:38 PM.

#47 -Xerxandi-

-Xerxandi-

Posted 28 March 2006 - 03:34 PM

You've got something else going on. I had far more mods and far less issues than you described.

Thanks for your reply.

As it stands I've only experienced the problems with Phyldia/Hull & the Direwolves. They're problems I can live with, but being so early on in the game I thought they were most likely a portant of worse of the same to come. On my last few installs I've just been using Phyldia as the litmus test, and if right-clicking on her gave an incorrect message I concentrated my time on re-instaling.

As it's a completely clean patched install of SoA+TOB+TDD+SOS+CTB+TS+BGT(BG1+TOTSC)+BP, and the problems only arise after BP is installed, I don't know what else could be wrong.

Except, looking back at all I've installed, I did use the "BGTalesIntl5512.exe" (international) patch on BG1 rather than the "BGTalesUS5512.exe" (US/Canada) patch. Does this matter? I'll try tonight to re-install BG1 before installing everything again, and use the US patch instead of the international one - unless someone can advise otherwise.

I know your time is precious, but I'd be very greatful to know what happens if you start a new game with at least all those mods installed and right click on Phyldia. This would set my mind to the task knowing that there was/wasn't something else wrong with my install process.

I'm very keen to play the game through with BP, and while I'm yet to experience it right through the game I'm really impressed with the magnitude of the work.

If I'm not mistaken, that's not BP but rather a BGT "issue", i.e. in previous version you began the game with XP100. Now you've got this message when it's correctly set to 0.

Thanks Scalner!

#48 Scalner

Scalner
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 10:53 PM

Except, looking back at all I've installed, I did use the "BGTalesIntl5512.exe" (international) patch on BG1 rather than the "BGTalesUS5512.exe" (US/Canada) patch. Does this matter? I'll try tonight to re-install BG1 before installing everything again, and use the US patch instead of the international one - unless someone can advise otherwise.

IMHO don't waste your time doing that, at least not if you're trying to resolve this particular "bug". I've always played the US version (games & patches) and I have the same "problems" as you, so...

Right now, I'm rather waiting to install BP176 and see if there is any difference :D

#49 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 03:18 AM

Right now, I'm rather waiting to install BP176 and see if there is any difference :D

There won't be, but you are placing way too much credence in a screwy string.

But since this seems to bother you so much, I just made sure the Phlydia files are out for BPv177. ;)

#50 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 03:45 AM

But since this seems to bother you so much, I just made sure the Phlydia files are out for BPv177. ;)

Put your efforts on better/harder changes ;) :D

mm75

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#51 Scalner

Scalner
  • 26 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 04:31 AM

There won't be

You're damn right: there isn't :o
How did you know it??? :lol:

err... nope, it doesn't bother me THAT much. That was just intriguing, that's all.

But thanks anyway! :P

(mm75 is right: put your efforts on more important changes)

#52 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 04:49 AM

Fret not; the complete overhaul of the scripting system didn't screech to a halt from that 30-second change. :doh:

#53 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 05:00 AM

I was joking mate ;)

mm75

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn