• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 04:41 PM

I noted in the read me that the Large Scale Battle required the HLA's from Refinements to operate properly. Will it operate properly if the biggQuests are loaded prior to running BP v176. I'm trying to keep the size of my override folder down a bit,,, :P

It takes a village...

#2 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 02:59 AM

Refinements has no override problem - it should add more or less 7 Mb.

And yes, without Refinements it will probably crash.

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#3 -guy11110-

-guy11110-

Posted 01 April 2006 - 09:48 PM

but won't installing the refinements mod mess with tdd kits and the like?

#4 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 04:12 AM

I don't ***CENSORED*** care about BMP.

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public

#5 pro5

pro5
  • Modder
  • 722 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 04:39 AM

but won't installing the refinements mod mess with tdd kits and the like?

As far as I know, Refinements modify HLAs of existing classes & kits, so if you use kit from TDD you just won't get any new HLAs with it, that's all.

Edited by pro5, 02 April 2006 - 04:40 AM.

#6 horred the plague

horred the plague

Scourge of the Seven Seas

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 04:11 AM

I had always put Refinements after BP, until I discovered that it was wrecking the level-50 2DA files (it overwrites w/lvl-40 files, instead of patching the existing files).

I've said this in my own forums, I'll say it again here: if you're going to use TDD, and any mods that add new kits, then don't add the TDD kits. This is why they were seperated from the main package, in the first place. Besides, TDD's kits are highly generic by comparison with the modern kit mods, IMHO.

Or, do what I do. Alter the TDD tp2 file so that you only install the kits you want in your game. Double-check the K_x_x.2DA files afterwards just to make sure everything is okay. If you have more than 10 entries, you won't see the latter kits in game. The numbers in K_x_x.2DA files correspond directly to the entries in Kitlist.2DA, so you have a handy referrence point to know exactly what you're doing when you alter these files.

And another side note: TDD kits all use the generic HLA files (LUTH0.2DA, LUCL0.2DA, etc). This means they will end up with Refinement's HLA's by default. The differences in TDD kits are done by the normal Class Ability files, or CLABxxxx.2DA.

#7 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 05:32 AM

Well, yes, to sum it up, Refinements has the kit count problem, and the fact that mod kits can get wrong usabilities (usually, can cast mage spells from scrolls), and finally BMP items aren't patched in Armor Revision.