Minor problem with Shadow Armor in BG1 portion

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Pablo

Pablo
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 07:08 PM

Hi!

The Shadow Armor for sale at the smithy of Taeron Fuiruim says it gives "+15% Hide in Shadows" but it appears to set the "Hide in Shadows" value to 15% instead of adding 15%.

Thanks!

Pablo

<Problem resolved - edited to add smiley icon>

Edited by Pablo, 11 April 2006 - 04:50 PM.

#2 pro5

pro5
  • Modder
  • 722 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 01:12 AM

Do you have Refinements "armor revision" component installed? With it, Shadow Armor could actually lower thief's hide in shadows proficiency.

#3 Pablo

Pablo
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 03:38 AM

Do you have Refinements "armor revision" component installed? With it, Shadow Armor could actually lower thief's hide in shadows proficiency.

Hi!

I do not have the bigg's Refinements V3.0 if that's the 'Refinements' to which you are referring.

Pablo

#4 pro5

pro5
  • Modder
  • 722 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 03:49 AM

Well, it does what it says in my game, so it must be something in your installation.

#5 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 01:44 PM

I don't think that is a special item file, it should be the standard shadow armor in the game. Therefore it is either already buggy (doubtful) or some other mod may have changed what you see.

Do realize that if your Hide in Shadows was at 0, this now gave you 15. If you had higher, I would be surprised to see it lower you down to 15.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#6 Pablo

Pablo
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 03:48 PM

I don't think that is a special item file, it should be the standard shadow armor in the game. Therefore it is either already buggy (doubtful) or some other mod may have changed what you see.

Do realize that if your Hide in Shadows was at 0, this now gave you 15. If you had higher, I would be surprised to see it lower you down to 15.

Hi!

My Hide in Shadows is 20, and it drops to 15.

I'll dig around some more to see what I can find.

Pablo

#7 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 04:38 PM

Elementary, my dear Watson: {yeah, I know, this was never written in any of the actual stories}
s/he has another mod installed, probably one of the tweak packs. The 5% reduction is the clue.

"I gladly simp for jastey" -- Aza
==========================================================
"You ever notice that "What the hell?!" is the answer to just about everything?"
==========================================================

"Girls are like phones, they like to be held and talked too, but if you press the wrong button, you will be disconnected!" DJ Nikodemus
================================================================
Community Contributions
* Level 1 NPCs * gMinion: expanded TP2 for MegaInstalls * PSM (PSQM): expanded scripts for Melanthium * Shar Nadal (DSotSC-BGT) revision * non-detectable Cloak of Non-Detection ?? * Weimer's-Tactics: revised TP2 for MegaInstalls * a directory of Mega-Installation Guides *

#8 Pablo

Pablo
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 04:48 PM

Hi!

I tracked down the ITM file involved (LEAT08.ITM) and individually tested the mods that changed it. The culprit appears to be the Tutu-Tweaks "Allow thieving and stealth in heavy armor" mod. The mod imposes a -20% penalty on "Hide in Shadows" for Studded Leather Armor, and it appears that this effect combined with the "+15% Hide in Shadows" bonus from the (Studded Leather) Shadow Armor gives a net -5% "Hide in Shadows" bonus. :(

I have uninstalled that particular element and posted to the G3 forum to ask about this. Thanks all for your attention and answers! :Bow:

Pablo

#9 WVN777

WVN777
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:49 AM

Sorry for posting to an old thread, but seven years later I've run into the same problem. I like the mod, but I did not like the effect on the Shadow Armor. I used Near Infinity to remove that extra -20% penalty, reducing it to 10% like ordinary leather, on the grounds that the Shadowmasters of Amn (per the description) would be mighty displeased if their expensive enchanted black outfits actually made "melding into the shadows" more difficult! Retaining the regular leather penalties stays in keeping with the spirit of the mod, but now the Shadow Armor is a help instead of a hindrance. Alora never removes it except when she needs to work on a particularly difficult lock.

#10 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:40 AM

Sorry for posting to an old thread, but seven years later I've run into the same problem. I like the mod, but I did not like the effect on the Shadow Armor. I used Near Infinity to remove that extra -20% penalty, reducing it to 10% like ordinary leather, on the grounds that the Shadowmasters of Amn (per the description) would be mighty displeased if their expensive enchanted black outfits actually made "melding into the shadows" more difficult! Retaining the regular leather penalties stays in keeping with the spirit of the mod, but now the Shadow Armor is a help instead of a hindrance. Alora never removes it except when she needs to work on a particularly difficult lock.

Erhm, I doubt that this and the original thread had a thing in common... but the fix for the problem is quite simple, just avoid the B2 tweak packs mod totally and go with something else. Yep, the BGT has nothing to do with this, except that it features an object that the Tweakpack then botches... as leather armors should not actually be heavy armors and thus not have any thieving skill penalties.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.