Photo

Reduced XP rewards in BP

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mildImp

mildImp
  • 242 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 08:25 AM

I understand that BP reduces some (all?) XP rewards. Out of curiousity, what type of rewards are reduced (all quest rewards, some CRE rewards, ....)? Also, how are they reduced? Are changes made at an individual, specific points or is there some general reduction somewhere?

Edited by mildImp, 11 April 2006 - 08:26 AM.

#2 horred the plague

horred the plague

Scourge of the Seven Seas

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 06:36 PM

I understand that BP reduces some (all?) XP rewards. Out of curiousity, what type of rewards are reduced (all quest rewards, some CRE rewards, ....)? Also, how are they reduced? Are changes made at an individual, specific points or is there some general reduction somewhere?

If you really wish to know the mechanics of what I did, join the Big Picture Yahoo group and download the XP Table file. It is loosely based off of Gary Gygax' original 1E DM's Guide table (pp. 84-5). FYI-I didn't open the book; somebody tell me if I'm right/wrong on the page numbers...it's been a while :P

Suffice it to say this: it was a far superior system to the generic % reduction of values, but it was not "all-mod-inclusive". It covered BP-BGT (classic), and that was that. Every CRE file had to be calculated manually, according to this table. Weidu could never handle this sort of job with REG_EXP. I did it all by hand.

#3 UnholyAngel

UnholyAngel
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 12:38 PM

Do you still have a complete set of all BP-BGT-Creatures and would you mind charing them?