• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#21 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 01:16 AM

It was a collaborative effort. Everyone take a bow!

#22 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 22 May 2006 - 01:50 AM

I will immediately update the first post to include Azazello's contribution (by the way, thanks!)!

#23 --Spawn--

--Spawn--

Posted 31 May 2006 - 07:39 AM

I have a couple of questions on Tutu Tweaks Compatibility.

i) Why can't we take the 'True Grandmastery' feature, does it cause conflict or is it already included in BD-Weidu?

ii) The inital list states we can't take Multiclass Grandmastery from ease-of-use but makes no mention of the same feature in tutu tweaks, is this version non-conflicting or has it been missed off the list?

#24 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 07:57 AM

i) Why can't we take the 'True Grandmastery' feature, does it cause conflict or is it already included in BD-Weidu?

it conflicts with a more moderm (and level 50) version in BP.

ii) The inital list states we can't take Multiclass Grandmastery from ease-of-use but makes no mention of the same feature in tutu tweaks, is this version non-conflicting or has it been missed off the list?

can't help with this one, as i've never installed tutu tweaks. but there's no reason to install the tutu tweaks one either because, to repeat myself, this is already included - with level 50 support - in BP.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#25 billy3

billy3
  • 138 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 07:59 AM

What about Longer Road? I'm assuming it would replace Redemption in the install order?

#26 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 31 May 2006 - 09:58 PM

Corrected. The Multiclass Grandmastery present in TuTu Tweaks is just the same one.

#27 radish_hoedown

radish_hoedown
  • 201 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 01:21 PM

....which features of Oversight fiddle your .ids files? *smacks self in head*

#28 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 05:59 PM

....which features of Oversight fiddle your .ids files? *smacks self in head*

Tougher Sendai. Also, if you have NEJ2 installed, and it is biffed, Sendai looks to modify about 11 .itm files that are no longer removable from your override directory easily. If you aren't biffed you can keep trying the install until you remove the last of the .itm files, then copy them back to your override directory after it's installed.

For seanas: I know the best thing is to just leave Sendai in oversight alone, however for those who absolutely MUST have it in their install, would it work to install Oversight as the very first thing after your basic patched install, and let it overwrite whichever .ids files it wants to, then do the rest of your installations and allow the other mods to append the .ids files with what they need?

Edited by erebusant, 07 June 2006 - 06:00 PM.

It takes a village...

#29 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 07:14 PM

Are you sure that Oversight cannot get at the biffed files its needs? I looked at the TP2 and I see COPY_EXISTING ~blah-blah~ ~override~ all over the place. Doesn't this command pull needed files from biffs?

I do agree that the mod should be moved to a "Pre-BP" section - similar to RReB - if you want the Tougher Sendai option.

Actually, I think the IDS changes can be safely removed entirely from the TP2, in that they make corrections/additions that are superfluous in a monster install (maybe any installation). But since this thread is about simple installation re-ordering, so as to not confuse new players, we should not pursue file editing, at least in this thread.

#30 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 08:21 PM

Are you sure that Oversight cannot get at the biffed files its needs? I looked at the TP2 and I see COPY_EXISTING ~blah-blah~ ~override~ all over the place. Doesn't this command pull needed files from biffs?

I'm positive. It's only files from NEJ2. Actually, it may be because they are files it doesn't recognize for whatever reason. Anyway they need to be removed from the override directory or the Oversight mod crashes with fatal results.

It takes a village...

#31 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 08:30 PM

OK. We waits for Salk to update first post.

!YaY!

- Tougher Sendai component from Oversight is not compatible. Avoid its installation!

Salk, you naughty, naughty, naughty boy! :lol:

That should read:

- Oversight
SOLUTION: If you want the Tougher Sendai component, install Oversight always before Big Picture and any of the Big Picture Mods (TDD, SoS, CtB, Nej2, TS)

Edited by Azazello, 07 June 2006 - 09:46 PM.

#32 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 01:07 AM

- Oversight
SOLUTION: If you want the Tougher Sendai component, install Oversight always before Big Picture and any of the Big Picture Mods (TDD, SoS, CtB, Nej2, TS)

have you actually tested that this works? and even if it does, installing mods before the BPMs (as it were) is risky, as erebusant has found on at least one occasion: if you install the BPMs after a bunch of other things, you end up with a bif of monstrous size: this does nothing good for game performance, and ruins uninstallation/ reinstallation (as the non-BPM mod can't find the files it needs to uninstall/ reinstall).

advising ppl to install something before the BPMs should only be done where absolutely necessary.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling

#33 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 02:12 PM

It's not for me to test this; it's for people who want this to test this. I don't use Tougher Sendai, and I doubt I ever will. I noted this in one of my earlier posts in this thread.

It is risky, but for those who want to play it, this is the only method that we think could work, barring editing the TP2. Let someone who wants to play this component install Oversight "Pre-BPMods", and report their results. The Compatibility list can then be updated accordingly.

I seriously doubt adding one or two mods "Pre-BPMods" will morph the biffs to monstrous size. <_<

Edited by Azazello, 08 June 2006 - 02:40 PM.

#34 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 11:44 PM

I seriously doubt adding one or two mods "Pre-BPMods" will morph the biffs to monstrous size. <_<

no, but it will ruin uninstallation/ reinstallation for that mod, and hence for the install, if the mod is looking for components in the override folder that are no longer there.

as regards Tougher Sendai: i see yr point, and yes, i agree. i'd rather ppl did tp2 editing, but if not, then putting Tougher Sendai first - and being prepared for the likely consequences to their game - is the only solution. an untested and possibe install-hosing solution, but a solution which might, in theory, work.

#35 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 09 June 2006 - 01:33 AM

The problem is to also weigh the importance of a specific component of a specific mod. Even if the risk is really low, would we want to take it *just* for Tougher Sendai ?

Was it a very important component of a very important Mod I might agree with giving specific instructions as for its installation but this guide should be as user friendly as possible and in this specific case I'd say it's not worth trying our luck.

Edited by Salk, 09 June 2006 - 01:34 AM.

#36 Kyoma

Kyoma
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 07:37 AM

I want to install refinements, but I first have to replace XPCAP.2DA and XPLEVEL.2DA with the one from BP, but during the install of the level 50 ruleset of BP he says I got TDD so he skippes it. But then I looked for XPCAP.2DA and XPLEVEL.2DA in my override folder but they aint there. Can someone please tell me were I can find them. Or attach them to post.

Edited by Kyoma, 09 June 2006 - 08:08 AM.

#37 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 03:13 PM

I want to install refinements, but I first have to replace XPCAP.2DA and XPLEVEL.2DA with the one from BP, but during the install of the level 50 ruleset of BP he says I got TDD so he skippes it. But then I looked for XPCAP.2DA and XPLEVEL.2DA in my override folder but they aint there. Can someone please tell me were I can find them. Or attach them to post.

Try this workaround, or you'll have XP problems. See : http://www.shsforums...showtopic=20736

It takes a village...

#38 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 09:12 AM

Salk,

You're recommending that TuTu Tweaks/G3 Tweaks/Ease of Use should be replaced with G3's BG2 Tweak Pack - "Obsolete now. Do not install it." - yet it's only been released 2 days, and as a beta. Even CamDawg is not recommending that people dump the other 3 mods:

[link]:

Good news on this, CamDawg! Can we now safely assume that TuTu Tweaks and G3 Tweak Pack will no longer be updated and are to be conisdered obsolete ?

Once I'm convinced there are no game-crushing bugs and it's out of beta, that's what I was planning to do.

#39 CamDawg

CamDawg

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 10:33 AM

As much as I'd like everyone to download and play BG2 Tweaks so I can get more & better bug reports, yes: it's a beta. Don't throw out G3/Tutu Tweaks yet. Especially since one of the big reasons why it's still in beta is a lack of BGT and Tutu testing. :)

On the upside, the XP Cap Remover now goes out to level 50, which was horred's compatibility issue about the old Ease-of-Use one.

Why is this Hypnotoad video so popu... ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.
____
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

#40 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 11:13 AM

As much as I'd like everyone to download and play BG2 Tweaks so I can get more & better bug reports, yes: it's a beta. Don't throw out G3/Tutu Tweaks yet. Especially since one of the big reasons why it's still in beta is a lack of BGT and Tutu testing. :)

On the upside, the XP Cap Remover now goes out to level 50, which was horred's compatibility issue about the old Ease-of-Use one.

Horred has a built in XP Cap in BP so if we use your Beta should we not install your version?

ronin