Photo

Resting On chateu Irenicus encounter question

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Katalism

Katalism
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 11:41 PM

When I rest on gives the first dungeon I get a encounter with 1 mage, 1 archer and a couple of regular shadow thieves, the problem is they just stand there staring at me and don't attack me exept for the archer, is there anything thats screwing up? I have installed only Off latest patch+BD+CTB+1.7Fix+SOS+Freedoms reign+reign of virtue+Dingos Quest pack+G3Tweakpak(only the avatar script, armor spellcasting and armor hiding)+Bp176 and Worldmap

EDIT: FIXED, yup it was Quest packs Eocounter Component

Edited by Katalism, 19 May 2006 - 11:56 PM.

#2 SimDing0

SimDing0

GROUP ICON

• 1654 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 01:14 AM

No, it wasn't. All it could possibly be from Quest Pack is the AI changes if you have those, but I have no idea how they'd cause what you describe.

Edited by SimDing0, 20 May 2006 - 01:15 AM.

Repeating cycle of pubes / no pubes.

A Comprehensive Listing of IE Mods

#3 horred the plague

horred the plague

Scourge of the Seven Seas

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 04:48 AM

Sim is right; these guys are added by BP. However, you are the first to ever report this issue; with either BP classic, or BP-weidu. I needn't mention how many hundreds of encounters people have had of this sort throughout the years, as this has been in BP for > 3 years.

#4 Katalism

Katalism
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 07:31 AM

I see, well I uninstalled the miscellanous Quest pack component(all my mods are weidu btw) and started a new game and to my suprise those thieves still spawn, still the same, I spoke to early, I rested some 30 times and they didn't appear so I tough they where gone, anyhow not really that much of a big deal seeing as how the bugbears and gnolls work correctly, however that happened on the academy somwhere on the right of the world map, Harpys and Bugbears appeared but did not attack so I suspect its on many other areas as well.

Triying new install see if that solves the problrm

Edited by Katalism, 20 May 2006 - 07:36 AM.

#5 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 09:04 AM

I see, well I uninstalled the miscellanous Quest pack component(all my mods are weidu btw) and started a new game and to my suprise those thieves still spawn, still the same, I spoke to early, I rested some 30 times and they didn't appear so I tough they where gone, anyhow not really that much of a big deal seeing as how the bugbears and gnolls work correctly, however that happened on the academy somwhere on the right of the world map, Harpys and Bugbears appeared but did not attack so I suspect its on many other areas as well.

if things are spawning but not attacking then it says to me that, for some reason, BP's AI hasn't installed, or something has been installed after BP that has overrriden it: you haven't got Improved Anvil or any rubbish like that installed, do you? altho, to be honest, if some of the creatures are behaving correctly and others aren't, then the problem is, er, a local one - ie, it's sepcific to what you've installed. what "academy on the right of the worldmap" are you refering to? Ulcaster, from NEJ2? i dont see NEJ2 on yr install list: you might want to post yr weidu.log so we have a chance of working out what's gone wrong.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||