Food and Tobacco Use

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 sirthaddeus

sirthaddeus

ale drinking highwayman

• 78 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 04:42 PM

Is there use of food items (other than good berries) and use of tobacco within any of the IWD games?

The reason i ask is i just bought the iwd collection off ebay and the seller issues a warning of tobacco and alcohol use. Also using DLTCEP while editing an item, under the general properties section, on the drop down list of item types there is one called 0x47 - Food (IWD2).

Thanks

Edited by sirthaddeus, 10 June 2006 - 11:01 AM.

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

#2 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 11:16 AM

There's an Iron Rations in Targos, so yes, there's food in game to a degree. Was there also warning of food use? :blink:
Didn't heard anything about tobacco though :rolleyes:

Edited by Creepin, 10 June 2006 - 11:17 AM.

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#3 sirthaddeus

sirthaddeus

ale drinking highwayman

• 78 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 11:40 AM

iron rations? what does that mean?

Ive never played any of the iwd games, please bare with me.

no tobacco, hmm weird for it being a warning made by the seller.
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

#4 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 11:57 AM

Iron Rations? Well, these words are surely brings some good memories :whistling: You never played Eye of the Beholder series, right?

Well, technically, I.R. is something like "Quantity of dried, cured or preserved by other means food, which is exactly enough, but no more than necessary, to sustain one person's life for one day's span". In IWD2 environs it's an usable item, healing small quantity (3?) of HP when used.

#5 sirthaddeus

sirthaddeus

ale drinking highwayman

• 78 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 01:58 PM

Iron Rations? Well, these words are surely brings some good memories :whistling: You never played Eye of the Beholder series, right?

Nope never have played it. Ill have to look into it.

Well, technically, I.R. is something like "Quantity of dried, cured or preserved by other means food, which is exactly enough, but no more than necessary, to sustain one person's life for one day's span". In IWD2 environs it's an usable item, healing small quantity (3?) of HP when used.

Would you happen to provide a screenie of "environs" from iwd2?

Just curious on what it looks like.

Thanks

#6 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 09:58 PM

Would you happen to provide a screenie of "environs" from iwd2?

Just curious on what it looks like.

Thanks

Didn't have IWD2 installed ATM, but from memory it was looking like yellowish angular blot :P

#7 Tate

Tate
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 09:50 AM

Tobacco and alcohol use might be referring to some characters in a bar or something, not an item usable by the party.

#8 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 03:55 PM

Fom what I remember, there is a pipe the PC can get; and alcahol use would be from the bars/inns where you can buy it.

#9 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 05:29 AM

Yeah, you can get alcohol from the bars/inns... don't remember the pipe though. Plus you can get that milk and boar's blood drink in IWD2, not that it's alcohol, just disgusting. :P