um problem

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 -Transcendent One-

-Transcendent One-

Posted 10 March 2003 - 05:30 PM

when i install redemption all music in tob is disabled (not soa), also if this mod is supposed to start when in pocket plane for the first time then something didnt trigger right because so far nothing has happened (im almost done with saradush at this point)

#2 -Transcendent One-

-Transcendent One-

Posted 10 March 2003 - 05:31 PM

oh also, i have installed tob, tob latest patch, longest day, ascention and other weidu mods, and then redemption in this order

#3 Seifer

Seifer

The best Anti-Paladin weapon is a tin opener...!

• 4505 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 04:25 AM

Whats the longest day? Do you mean TDD?
Anywayz, take a look in the main folder, some of them might have had a seperate music.exe or something after you unzipped them. I'd also reccomend installing redemption after accension then installing the other weidu mods.

how come you always look so damn cool in every photo I see you in?!?

Speaking of modding, I listened to IER 3 yesterday, so you can have another quote for your signature: how come you sound so damn cool, as well as look it? It's unfair. Seriously.

Still a cyberjock, still hacking the matrix, still unsure of what that means.

TeamBG member - http://www.teambg.eu

#4 -Transcendent One-

-Transcendent One-

Posted 11 March 2003 - 05:52 PM

darkest day, yeah... anyway i dont see a music.exe anywhere and i've tried moving all music files from the main music folder to the redemption music folder and vice versa, but no success
whenever i install it the music is gone but as soon as i uninstall it everything works fine again
i take it im the only one who has this problem?

#5 Seifer

Seifer

The best Anti-Paladin weapon is a tin opener...!

• 4505 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 05:54 PM

AFAIK yes, what system do you have?

how come you always look so damn cool in every photo I see you in?!?

Speaking of modding, I listened to IER 3 yesterday, so you can have another quote for your signature: how come you sound so damn cool, as well as look it? It's unfair. Seriously.

Still a cyberjock, still hacking the matrix, still unsure of what that means.

TeamBG member - http://www.teambg.eu

#6 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 07:59 PM

:o Squirms in acute embarrasment. I found the problem - you are the first person to report it but I bet the thousands who downloaded it before were just lucky not to install it in that particular order. The culprit is one small script file that got overwritten when I hastily fixed something in the version 1.0.1

I can either email it to you or you can wait until later tonight, when I will post 1.0.1a on the web site with some other minor corrections, like Melissan name spelling.

Beats her head over the wall.

It should be

PlaySong(999996)

not

PlaySong(84)

in the redjon2.bcs file .....

Ahhhhhh!

Freedom cannot be equated with goodness, virtue, or perfection. Freedom has its own unique self-contained nature; freedom is freedom ? not universal goodness. Any confusion or deliberate equalization of freedom with goodness and excellence is in itself negation of freedom, and acceptance of the path of restraint and enforcement.

Nikolai Berdyaev - Christian Existentialist, Philosopher of Freedom.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#7 -jcompton-

-jcompton-

Posted 11 March 2003 - 08:45 PM

TDD, at least before 1.0.3a and possibly even in that version, depends who you ask, had a malformed chitin.key file that would in effect cause WeiDU to grab the "wrong" SONGLIST.2DA when patching it. The net effect was to shut off all new TOB music when a WeiDU ADD_MUSIC command was performed.

#8 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 09:42 PM

The net effect was to shut off all new TOB music when a WeiDU ADD_MUSIC command was performed.

Well, at least that particular effect was not my fault. But I do have a new version of Redemption - 1.0.2 on the main website as of today that has the script file fix, and I also finally spelled the Amelyssan correctly in the Demogorgon dialog. :)

I hope I will find time to do a major update soon - like switching to .tra files so that translations would be possible.

Freedom cannot be equated with goodness, virtue, or perfection. Freedom has its own unique self-contained nature; freedom is freedom ? not universal goodness. Any confusion or deliberate equalization of freedom with goodness and excellence is in itself negation of freedom, and acceptance of the path of restraint and enforcement.

Nikolai Berdyaev - Christian Existentialist, Philosopher of Freedom.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes