No text in epic

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 -Barjin-

-Barjin-

Posted 12 June 2006 - 02:54 AM

anytime i get into convo there is nothing to read or answer with, its all blank, although i can press 1 or 2 and it wil do whatever its linked to, i just cant read it.

plus all new items, creatures names and stuph like that are also blank, i cant see bugger all really.

i was just getting into the mod too...

please help me out!! :o

Barjin

#2 Grim Squeaker

Grim Squeaker

Fallen

• 1018 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 05:50 AM

Did you install mods with the game/InfExp/NearInfinity/another WeiDU window open? If so, don't do that. Just reinstall the mod with stuff like that closed.
"You alone can make my song take flight..."

#3 Isaya

Isaya
  • Modder
  • 294 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 01:14 PM

In addition to what Grim said, can you please describe your installation process, the mods installed and their order of installation?
Did you install Baldurdash text update after Epic, for instance? This would have erased all Epic added texts, unfortunately.

Alternatively, are you trying to continue from a previous save game after a complete reinstallation?

#4 -Barjin-

-Barjin-

Posted 13 June 2006 - 01:11 AM

i didnt have any windows open at all when i installed, as far as i saw it all went fine and dandy.

i have no other mods installed, just tob and the latest patch.

#5 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 13 June 2006 - 01:12 AM

oh im starting a new game, no save games are present.

#6 Isaya

Isaya
  • Modder
  • 294 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 12:06 PM

Could you check the modification date of the dialog.tlk file in the game directory? It should be set with the installation date of the mod. Could you also check the file size and compare it to the file that is backed up in the eeconv/eeconvbackup/0 directory? The file in the game directory should be about 70 KB bigger (I'm not sure of the precise value).
If this is not the case, something prevented proper update during the installation. Then you should trying uninstalling then reinstalling the mod (taking care of what Grim Squeaker wrote).

#7 SamuraiXoma

SamuraiXoma
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 07:59 AM

im having the same problem, no text. this problem has also happend with Dungeon-Be-Gone and Mortis Mini Mod V2.31 on a number of diffrent occasions.

i just completely reinstalled SOA (leaving out TOB) and the only 3 other mods ive installed are the 2 bonus merchants Deidre and Joluv, a kitpack with several diffrent warrior kits in it, and the Samurai kit.

other than those 3 things.. its a clean install.
Current Works in progress:
PS:T NPC mod for BG2:TOB
Dinner
World Domination
Life
Posted Image

#8 Isaya

Isaya
  • Modder
  • 294 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 02:19 PM

Please could you check what I wrote in my previous message? I'm curious about the fact that the installation actually adds the strings to the dialog.tlk file.
Additionally, can you post the Weidu.log file or tell the installation order of the mods? I'd also like to know if only Epic fails or if the other mods also fail (for instance, does the kit description display properly?).

As a side note, the merchants are useless with Epic Endeavours. The areas where they appear are not used (actually, if they were, installing the merchants would even break the mod).

I fail to see any similarities with Dungeon be Gone or Mortis that would be different from any other mod.

#9 -donny-

-donny-

Posted 24 July 2009 - 09:20 PM

I too am having this problem.

#10 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 02:55 AM

Can you post your WeiDU.log, please? And do you have the last version of Epic? The 1.04 one.