• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 GeN1e

GeN1e

A very GAR character

• Modder
  • 1604 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 04:54 PM

I had installed BP, TDD, SOS, CTB, TS mods and found a very bad thing - with a number of new spells sorcerers, when are levelling up, are unable to choose spell if it placed in the end of list (for example Web, Vocalize andother). The multi\dual ranger\clerics have the similar problem - they can't memorize the endlist spells. So, I have a question - is there any fix for this? Surely, it could be solved by ShadowKeeper, but open SK and reload game each time I want rememorize spells, well, it is...

Retired from modding.

#2 amitlath

amitlath
  • 132 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 11:43 PM

for r/c's you can find this item "gloves of the priestly ranger" in the starting dungeon in bg2 which limits the no. of spells available to them. as for sorcerers, as far as i know (and do) SK is the way to go.

also for sorcerers, once you select spells from the ones available on the screen, the next time those wont show and you get some of the "invisible" spells. so, as you keep levelling up, you keep getting more of those hidden spells.

#3 GeN1e

GeN1e

A very GAR character

• Modder
  • 1604 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 12:10 AM

Thank you.

Retired from modding.

#4 Stone Wolf

Stone Wolf
  • 1672 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 04:02 PM

A while ago I thought of making a summoned creature that would help with selecting spells for memorization.  Basically it would remove some of the first listed spells both from the normal game and from mods so that spells listed later on could be memorized, then replace the earlier spells so that they can be memorized too.  I didn't test  it out, but it shouldn't be too hard to to.  Still very awkward to deal with though.  Maybe a spellbook that summons a genie or something...

As for the spell selection screen for learning new spells...I got nothin'.  I'd imagine the spell limit is hardcoded, so not even changing the GUI would help.