99 replies to this topic

#1 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 05:22 AM

TSL Restored Content Mod 1.6
Former "Are You Waiting for Team Gizka's Restoration Project?" Poll

You can find the latest (1.6) version of TSL Restored Content Mod behind the above links. I've updated the links in my previous posts in order to avoid confusion with the links, plus I've also updated this post/thread headline.

As for the original Team Gizka restoration project, it looks like it's dead for good. Their site has been down for weeks at this point, and it looks like the project leader isn't going to return. I'll monitor the situation for a while, but I think everyone should just start using the TSL Restored Content Mod 1.6.

Edited by Archmage Silver, 24 June 2010 - 04:15 PM.

#2 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 09:47 AM

Yes.

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#3 Pain Elemental

Pain Elemental

Always here, just look harder.

• 643 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 10:21 PM

Yeah, uninstalled the game though, but if they are done..
After an eternity away from you all, I've returned.

#4 Grunker

Grunker

Prince Charming

• 1240 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 02:51 AM

Waiting? Anxiously anticipating and biting my nails from impatience is a better way to express my emotions on the subject ;)
"I've heard people complain that the game [the new Prince of Persia] is too easy, which seems odd to me, since I died more times than The Nameless One in a smoothie-maker."

- Yahtzee

#5 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

Destroyer of Worlds

• 139 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 10:03 PM

Of course :)

Knowledge is power. Power Corrupts. Study Hard. Be evil.

Minsc: You do not seem like a Sarevok to me. Too much humble, not enough "RARRRRGH, Feel my unholy rage."

#6 Grunker

Grunker

Prince Charming

• 1240 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 11:05 AM

As an input, they are currently about 80% done. Yay :)

To those who don't know what we're talking about: Team Gizka - The Restoration Project
"I've heard people complain that the game [the new Prince of Persia] is too easy, which seems odd to me, since I died more times than The Nameless One in a smoothie-maker."

- Yahtzee

#7 Korbu

Korbu
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 04:48 PM

So, are you still waiting for the restoration pack for Knights of the Old Republic 2? I know I am. http://www.team-gizka.org/

Yes
Monster Game

Posted Image

Korbu the Cruel, Korbu of Carpathia, Prince Davros Korbu Karnstein, Regent of The Sabbat

#8 Grunker

Grunker

Prince Charming

• 1240 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 12:05 AM

They recently released a trailer.

- Yahtzee

#9 Tassadar88

Tassadar88

Templar in Flames

• 1302 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 12:55 AM

Actually, uninstalled KOTOR II and pretty much everything short of PST for whiles of regret with the Nameless one - and BGII for playtesting. But going to reinstall as soon as it is out.
I just wish there were more mods for PST, but seeing as adding to it would be so hard to keep style, I think that I will just have to PLAY/UNINSTALL/WAIT/FORGET/INSTALL/PLAY...
The Mind is its own place and in itself - can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven. -John Milton, Paradise lost

#10 zodden

zodden
  • 67 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 11:56 AM

Yep I have not played the game yet and won't till they are done. :)

I have the site bookmarked and I check once a week or two to see how they are doing. They seem to be getting VERY close!

#11 Anonymous2

Anonymous2
  • 460 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 09:50 PM

Yeah I just recently saw all the details of the project...the trailer, everything. It's cool these guys wanna restore all the missing stuff from the game but I don't really see the reason why...I mean when Kotor III eventually comes out it won't include any of the info their restoring...Atton's death, the Handmaiden fighting Kreia, M4-78 (droid planet), the Disciples capture, etc...just seems like a whole lotta work for nothing.

Kinda pointless if you ask me...none of this will connect with the plot of the third, so why bother going through all this trouble to revive dead data? Anyways, just my opinion on all this restoration stuff...

p.s. and even though I can't restore it (Xbox) I wouldn't, I'd just watch the videos of it once it's done out of curiosity. Why screw up your bought game with something that never happened at the end of Kotor II...wouldn't you be a little lost in the third if you did???...bottom line- a pointless endevour that's a huge waste of time...eh but it was kinda cool to see Kreia reveal herself from underneath her hood.
Disappointed in LucasArts and Bioware.

#12 Grunker

Grunker

Prince Charming

• 1240 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 06:41 AM

Yeah I just recently saw all the details of the project...the trailer, everything. It's cool these guys wanna restore all the missing stuff from the game but I don't really see the reason why...I mean when Kotor III eventually comes out it won't include any of the info their restoring...Atton's death, the Handmaiden fighting Kreia, M4-78 (droid planet), the Disciples capture, etc...just seems like a whole lotta work for nothing.

For nothing? I hardly think spawning endless joy in the hearts of KotOR-fans around the world is nothing ;)

p.s. and even though I can't restore it (Xbox) I wouldn't, I'd just watch the videos of it once it's done out of curiosity. Why screw up your bought game with something that never happened at the end of Kotor II...wouldn't you be a little lost in the third if you did???...bottom line- a pointless endevour that's a huge waste of time...eh but it was kinda cool to see Kreia reveal herself from underneath her hood.

You forget that all this stuff has been created. Everything the restoration team is implementing was meant to be implemented to begin with. That's why I think it's safe to say that we'll get a genuine result in the end :)

I, for one, is really looking forward to playing this.

- Yahtzee

#13 zodden

zodden
  • 67 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 07:06 AM

For nothing? I hardly think spawning endless joy in the hearts of KotOR-fans around the world is nothing ;)

You forget that all this stuff has been created. Everything the restoration team is implementing was meant to be implemented to begin with. That's why I think it's safe to say that we'll get a genuine result in the end :)

Yep I agree. Its well documented that the game was released in an unfinished state for $$$ reasons. So this group has undertaken a huge project and has actually pulled off what many said they would not be able to do. I wondered if they would actually do it myself, since this has to be one of the longest projects I have ever heard of, but they are close to finishing and then I can finally play the sequal to my favorite game of all time the way it was meant to be played. :)

#14 Anonymous2

Anonymous2
  • 460 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 08:40 AM

I wouldn't count on it...Lucas owns the rights to the game thereby I believe they'll realize that the mass majority of Kotor fans didn't see the restored stuff, therefore it won't be in the game...after all it was intended for the Xbox, after it's success then they brought it to PC...bottom line- I stake my life on the fact that the restored info won't be included in the third.

But we'll see I guess, the endings did look kinda cool...I just think Lucas will realize this will confuse the mass majority by including this restored data in the Knights III plot...I'm curious to see the restored stuff fully done too though, and I wouldn't worry about the time they have to finish it, Knights III won't be out for a very, very long time...probley a few years now in my book, just go to the Kotor III boards for the info.

#15 Anonymous2

Anonymous2
  • 460 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 09:19 PM

I'm curious, is the music that was playing in the backround of the trailer from the original game or was it just created and dubbed in to sound dramatic for the trailer...because if Obsidian had a hand in making the music for the original game why didn't they use it...would of dramatically enhanced some of the critical lightsaber duels you have instead of hearing the same old combat music playing over and over on itself....I really hope they fix that for the third...but back to the question, does anyone know for sure about the music in the trailer above?

#16 Grunker

Grunker

Prince Charming

• 1240 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 01:21 PM

I never said anything about the restored stuff being included in the third did I? :huh:

I just said it was going to feel genuine.

After all, why is it important that it's implemented in #3 if it's a good experience and adds alot to the game? It's about fun - not what will or won't be in the third game.

- Yahtzee

#17 Anonymous2

Anonymous2
  • 460 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 01:38 PM

Yeah, I guess I misunderstood you...the restored stuff does look and sound cool. Maybe in the future Lucas will realize Kotor II again this time with the restored data before Knights III comes out...you know get everyone excited again about the series, because I think most in and out Kotor fans have moved on to other games...or they could release it via Xbox Live. If they do release the restored playable data on Xbox I'll be sure to try it out, but I highly doubt it ever will...getting the license I think will derail it from ever being on Xbox...we'll see what the future holds though, you never know... -_-

#18 Anonymous2

Anonymous2
  • 460 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 04:07 PM

(sorry for the accidental double post)

Edited by Anonymous2, 26 July 2007 - 02:03 PM.

#19 Belladonna

Belladonna
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 03:19 PM

I am looking forward to it. One thing I disliked about Kotor 2 is it being rushed, so there was a lot of content that was cut out.
Posted Image
Through inner peace leads to enlightenment.
Alora a mod in progress by yours truly.
My food mod.

#20 KIrving

KIrving
  • 244 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 12:47 AM

No. When I replay the game I think I'll just play it to a certain point and then stop. I'll just imagine a better ending myself. (It can't be too hard, surely.)

I'm put off the restoration pack because they're not, and have no intention of ever, adding in proper romance tracks. I'd also happily download a, 'give Disciple a personality' pack, if it was developed. :)
(Giving him a real name would be a good start! Hmm..come to think of it, 'Atton' also sounds distinctly like ' Add on'.)
"I'm just here to get the job done, let someone else be on the poster." Female Commander Shepard