Photo

Triel drilling sargent MIA

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 zachD

zachD
  • 125 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 04:30 PM

Been screwing around in Soubar all day now. Finished second mission and was promoted to sargent, arrested all 10 Triel villagers in the inn brawl, killed bandits in town again, got orders from major to train the Triel villagers, recruited them for training, all 10, go to SW area off Soubar to train them and the Soubar officer that is there tells me his shift is over and to meet me in an inn for a drink on him, and he will be back in the morning. Spent about three hours now trying to find him. Searched every building in town cant find him, he doesnt appear back in the drilling area where there is supposed to be a drill sargent. Walkthrough says nothing about this, only that there is a drill sargent in the area where the Triel recruits appear.

Any idea where this guy is supposed to appear in town if this is actually working properly?

Cant talk to Triel recruits, cant train em with no drill instructor, cant find drill instructor.....sigh

Hmmm, well I see other posts about this problem, but no real solutions suggested, guess ill muck around with it a bit more.

***Incidently just got past my impass in Soubar, apparently it was an in game timing problem. If I zoned into drill area to SW of Soubar too late in the daytime the drill instructor/s leaves and doesnt reappear. If I zone in earlier in the daytime they are there and work properly, so far.

Edited by zachD, 27 July 2006 - 09:07 PM.

#2 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 04:02 AM

the triel sergeant only works from 9-5 (seriously): outside those hours he won't be there. if he's not there, you have to kill some time and come back.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#3 zachD

zachD
  • 125 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 11:12 AM

Once he left the area he didnt reappear the next day, at all, I let my group sit there from about 8am - 5pm gametime the next day. Course I wasnt watching the screen the whole time, but I didnt see him anywhere when I checked at various times.

Edited by zachD, 28 July 2006 - 11:44 AM.

#4 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 04:57 AM

Once he left the area he didnt reappear the next day, at all, I let my group sit there from about 8am - 5pm gametime the next day. Course I wasnt watching the screen the whole time, but I didnt see him anywhere when I checked at various times.

that won't work - you've gotta leave and return during business hours. waiting around for him in the training area is akin to waiting for godot (this is a game engine/ scripting limitation).

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#5 zachD

zachD
  • 125 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 01:05 PM

Heh, I see.

Wth is a godot?

#6 Discordia

Discordia
  • 324 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 05:29 AM

oh sry, i fucked up...

never mind this

Edited by Discordia, 29 November 2008 - 05:42 AM.