Photo

Thoughts on mega-modding

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 delnaja

delnaja
  • 47 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 01:32 PM

I'd like to reflect on how I experienced the current mega-mod build according to this thread: http://www.shsforums...showtopic=20736.

While I do think that the install instructions are excellent and the help one gets from this modding community is heart warming, my opinion is that there's too many mods that force you to pick up certain NPCs in that list. Let me give you an example of how my own game progressed (a SoA game, not BGT):

In Irenicus? dungeon I pick up Imoen (or rather, she comes to me), Minsc and Jaheira. Pretty soon I meet Wulfgar, and pick him up too. My party is now up to four NPCs. In NEJ I meet Dar and he also comes along.

My first problem comes when I must take Hrothgar. Who do I kick out? :huh:

I don't want to kick out Imoen or Minsc. Imoen is so close to the main plot, and I like Minsc. He's useful. Wulfgar also is a handy character, with his Grand Mastery in war hammers (who wouldn't want him, entering the Vale of Shadows?) and high constitution. Dar is out of the question by now, he being in the NEJ plot.

The only one left is Jaheira. After thinking this through over and over, I finally decided that Jaheira would have to take the fall (a question here: is she gone forever, since I kicked him in NEJ environment? If that is the case, this decision is even harder). This doesn't feel right, though, since Jaheira along with Khalid were so close friends to the PC all the way from BG1. Think of it: would you abandon one of your close friends (because that's what Jaheira must be to the PC, IMO) in an environment like NEJ, 100 years back in time? This same argument could be applied to Immy and Minsc, of course.

Hard decisions, but so... Hrothgar joins in.

Next tough nut comes when returning to Irenicus' dungeon. I can't go to level 2 unless my party consists of (max) 5 characters, due to a bug (maybe not a bug?) as stated in this thread: http://www.shsforums...showtopic=21332. So who do I kick now?

Immy and Minsc, still no. Hrothgar and Dar, no because the NEJ plot is still under way, right? That leaves Wulfgar. I don't like it a bit, but what the heck. Somebody has to take the sour bite of the apple, right? So Wulfgar's out (what makes this worse is that he doesn't get out of the dungeon by himself and go to the Copper Coronet, like others, but just stays where he is. I got no other dialogue options).

Little did I know that Wulfgar, in fact, seems to be part of the RoT plot, because suddenly I get a dialogue with Drizzt, where he states his annoyance of me kicking Wulfgar out.

On level 2 I get the "two Yoshimos" bug and things again get complicated. On top of everything, I can't even make a save game anymore (like stated in the same, abovementioned thread). My mistake here was that I accepted the first Yoshimo, but turned the other one down. So when I meet Kachiko she doesn't "see" that I have Yoshimo (well, at least one of them) with me! Also, by the exit out of the dungeon I see Drizzt, but he "has nothing to say", as I try to talk to him. A bug? Or a consequence of me leaving Wulfgar behind? I can't say.

When I'd gotten this far I had gotten to a point where playing wasn't fun anymore. I was really frustrated. So annoyed, in fact, that I promptly decided that is was time to start a whole new mod build. So here I am now, back to square one :crying:

So what?s my point?

Well, for starters let me say that I in no way mean to criticize any specific mod. I thought NEJ2, at least to the point I experienced it, was very, very good and the alterations to the IWD plot were flawless and elegant. Very fun to play :Bow: RoT also seemed interesting and I had a feeling of waiting for more.

I also know that this situation is purely my own ?fault?. ?If you don?t like it, don?t install it!?, "Nobody forced you to install all those mods" and all that.

However, I?d like to advice people to think once more before attempting a mega-mod build, like the one instructed. Having to constantly decide which NPCs to leave behind, sometimes without ever getting the chance to have them rejoin again, can really be a fun-killer. And since this forum is about mega-mods, installing which takes a (more or less) considerable amount of time and effort, I feel that this aspect would at least be worth to consider.

There?s no fun in coming to a point where you feel you?ll have to start all over again.

If you fellow players, or modders, have any thoughts or suggestions in the matters of choosing which mods to install, which NPCs to leave behind or any other comments, please. I?ll listen :)

Anyway, I think everybody can benefit from this in the long run.

//DelNaja

#2 Bloodtitan

Bloodtitan
  • 406 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 01:46 PM

hear, hear!

i'm all for less enforced NPCs overall.

thinking about it, how can one even play a megamod featuring NeJ, RoT and TS ? that's 5 enforced NPCs BEFORE you leave the irenicus dungeon, so drop imoen (possible, but soooo wrong.), minsc (replacable at least... not a must have) and jaheira (sucks big time. no romance with her, ever. no full harpership for her. no additional elminster encounters) - and that's only with counting wulfgar, dar, hrothgar, yoshimo and kachiko. your party is full then but if partyenforcement goes on like this you'll not be able to play a megagame like this.

granted, i don't know the progression of these mods, except for TS, but still...

Edited by Bloodtitan, 13 August 2006 - 02:23 PM.

#3 -Chev at Work-

-Chev at Work-

Posted 13 August 2006 - 04:52 PM

My idea of a Mega-Game is not to play ALL of each mod, but to have the widest of choices to play. One play though you can play the NeJ mod and a little of the others. Next play though you can play SoS with some of TDD. It would be really hard to play though all of a mega mod in 1 play though.

#4 M@t

M@t
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 07:17 PM

I used http://www.shsforums...showtopic=19826 guide, a few bugs but fixable.
Forced npc's can be anoying, i realy enjoyed NeJ and found that with the tatical add ons it was one of the hardest mods to complete, but the characters Dar and Hrothgar are certainly not 1st choice party members. Idealy some mod allowing more than 6 npc's would be fantastic although i suspect if it was posible or compatible then it would have been done by now?

#5 pro5

pro5
  • Modder
  • 722 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 10:15 PM

Well, two things I can advise:

1) Don't use RoT yet. King Diamond certainly did excellent work in weidu-converting this mod, but still it needs very serious revision to be used as part of mega-installation. It was originally developed to be used STANDALONE, and all its scripts don't take any other possible mods into account. Most of your starting game problems were caused by bad RoT scripting.

2) About Neverending Journey - this mod was not intended to be used as part of mega-installation either. Yes, it's much more megamod-"compatible" than RoT, mainly because a hell lot of work was put in to ensure that. But it's still incompatible PLOTWISE with TDD, as far as I remember these two mods add same NPCs or something like that. Vlad specifically asked people not to use NeJ with TDD for this reason (of course, nobody listens...).

Remember that the original "Mega" Big Picture install was BP+TDD+SoS+TS+CtB. Not RoT nor NeJ were part of it. You really can't blame mod authors for their mods not working in mega-installation or forcing too many NPCs on you, if they specifically warn you not to use their mods in mega-installation.

The mega-installation instructions post is listing all existing "large mods" in the list, but it really doesn't mean you SHOULD use them all. It just provides you with general idea in what order you should install mods you choose to use.

#6 delnaja

delnaja
  • 47 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 10:38 PM

Well, two things I can advise:

1) Don't use RoT yet. King Diamond certainly did excellent work in weidu-converting this mod, but still it needs very serious revision to be used as part of mega-installation. It was originally developed to be used STANDALONE, and all its scripts don't take any other possible mods into account. Most of your starting game problems were caused by bad RoT scripting.

2) About Neverending Journey - this mod was not intended to be used as part of mega-installation either. Yes, it's much more megamod-"compatible" than RoT, mainly because a hell lot of work was put in to ensure that. But it's still incompatible PLOTWISE with TDD, as far as I remember these two mods add same NPCs or something like that. Vlad specifically asked people not to use NeJ with TDD for this reason (of course, nobody listens...).

Remember that the original "Mega" Big Picture install was BP+TDD+SoS+TS+CtB. Not RoT nor NeJ were part of it. You really can't blame mod authors for their mods not working in mega-installation or forcing too many NPCs on you, if they specifically warn you not to use their mods in mega-installation.

The mega-installation instructions post is listing all existing "large mods" in the list, but it really doesn't mean you SHOULD use them all. It just provides you with general idea in what order you should install mods you choose to use.

Thanks Pro5. This is exactly the kind of feedback I was hoping.
Hopefully all new or returning players see this and choose wisely which mods to install.

Let me also say that I'm not at all against forced NPCs in general. But I thought that combining all those mods was, in the end, not a good (or fun) idea. Too much sugar added ;)

//DelNaja

#7 Vlad

Vlad
  • 577 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 10:55 PM

Let me add some comments:

1. Dar is not required to play NeJ2. You may drop him if you wish. Maximum you'll miss his big quest in the third part and stay without the best fighter-cleric in the whole series.

2. If you play NeJ2, you may drop any mod's NPC without affecting the main plot. Only Hrothgar is a MUST.

3. I've said all the time that NeJ2 should not be mixed with other mods. I'm strongly against this. It creates a lot of problems beside compatibility issues. We develop NPCs in NeJ2 for thoughtful players. They cover all the interjections in BG2 and have a lot of banters. We're spending much more time on the NPCs' development than on making other parts of the mod. That is why we consider NeJ2 as a stand-alone partial conversion. And it really bothers me that people misuse our hard work by mixing incompatible NPCs - not technically incompatible but in their style. I hope you all understand what I mean. It's not a good idea to relate to Dar or Hrothgar or any other NPC from TS/NeJ2 only from the tactical point of view. I'm definitely against this approach. Our vision of the NPCs is much broader. They should be companions, friends, lovers, much the same as original BioWare NPCs. If someone joins an NPC only because he's looking for some meat for his hack'n'slash game full of various story-style incompatible mods, then by no means NeJ2 is for him/her.

My sincere hope is that players who play BG2 becuase they like its character development style will play TS and NeJ2 for the same reason.

Edited by Vlad, 13 August 2006 - 11:24 PM.

#8 Anomaly

Anomaly
  • 562 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 03:11 AM

Vlad,

I agree with you that NEJ is not meant to be played with other content mods, especially mods adding NPCs. But are you against the NEJ2 + BP-WeiDU (alone) combinaison to get tougher I.A. and tougher battles in the original game AND getting your mod's content ? Frankly, for experienced player, battles in the original game are too easy to be fun.
French translator of: BG2 FixPack, BG2 Tweaks, Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU, BGT-Tweaks and some minor mods.

#9 -Younes-

-Younes-

Posted 14 August 2006 - 08:12 AM

Remember that the original "Mega" Big Picture install was BP+TDD+SoS+TS+CtB. Not RoT nor NeJ were part of it

First off, I would like to thank all the modder gods for making such enjoyable mods and making BG/BG2 a never ending adventure!.

Second, I do agree that NPC/mod story line conflicts can affect the full experience and to some extend, spoil the effort that modders put into developping their own story line and intrigues. I'm also starting to run into the conflicts from jumpimg between NPCs after my mega install as described in the first thread of the pinned post.

So, can someone advise me of the "best compatible" mods to install NPC/story-line-wise?
From a previous post, I was informed that BP+TDD+SoS+TS+CtB work well together...can this be confirmed? Should I redo my mega install with these mods only?

Should RoT and NeJ be installed exclusively and separatly?

Thanks for the feedback!
-Younes

#10 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 08:53 AM

i think Chev has the right idea: the purpose of the BP+ install is not to play everything in one game, but to allow you to play different versions of the same game without having to re-install each time.

the point of BP is to make the mods work together in a technical sense, without changing the actual content of those mods - which means, if you've got multiple mods installed that alter or add to the same event, you have to choose which to play. this is hardly a problem unique to BP - if, for example, you have Yasraena and Chloe installed, you'd be having to make a choice as to who was in yr party even before you left CI - it's just that the mega-install gives you a lot more of these choices.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#11 delnaja

delnaja
  • 47 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 12:07 PM

i think Chev has the right idea: the purpose of the BP+ install is not to play everything in one game, but to allow you to play different versions of the same game without having to re-install each time.

the point of BP is to make the mods work together in a technical sense, without changing the actual content of those mods - which means, if you've got multiple mods installed that alter or add to the same event, you have to choose which to play. this is hardly a problem unique to BP - if, for example, you have Yasraena and Chloe installed, you'd be having to make a choice as to who was in yr party even before you left CI - it's just that the mega-install gives you a lot more of these choices.

I appreciate this thought, and all effort from modders/players trying to make mods work together with as few flaws as possible.

The reason I felt forced to react was that, in spite of my (at least from my own point of view) thorough research prior to installing, I never got the signals that this scenario would arise. I was simply not expecting it, and was overwhelmed of all the choises and decisions that had to be made. Throw in a couple of bugs, and there you have it. An overload of sorts (at least for me).

Looking at it the way Seanas describes, it makes at lot more sense. I wish I had thought of it that way before.

Well, no matter. There is beauty in a new beginning.

//DelNaja

#12 M@t

M@t
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 04:22 PM

Let me add some comments:

1. Dar is not required to play NeJ2. You may drop him if you wish. Maximum you'll miss his big quest in the third part and stay without the best fighter-cleric in the whole series.

I suppose i can just kick him then pick him back up before the 3rd part?, Big thanks to the modders btw   :Bow: .

#13 Rubberduck

Rubberduck
  • 171 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 07:01 AM

That's it :woot: The ultimate post (at least for me).

@delnaja: Your speaking my tongue, pal. Thank god you wrote this thread before i started my mega install experience. You know why? Cause 3 to 4 days after starting my game (at the latest) i would have ended up the way you did. And that's for sure. I never had any problems about some small bugs reported in various threats out there. Sure they are annoying some maybe very disturbing but i always thought that for the additional fun and content it's worth it.

I finished a "small" mega mod containing SoS+TDD+TS+BP some month ago. Even with this respectively small mod i had serious problems how to figure out which npc to keep and which to kick out. Luckily most of them could rejoin and the total number of forced npc was rather small but when i read this i know that this mega mod is nothing for me.

I can tell you why i still keep on playing this game. It's for the soul and emotions it has and shares with its players. Until now i've not found a game that's nearly as perfect as bg2 (and it's mods). It's the only adult game out there. A perfect 10. And i do love my Viccie, no one forces me to kick that babe out :angry:

@vlad: True. Nothing more to add. Wish i've read your comments on how you thought this mod was supposed to be used before. I just read some posts in which all was dealing with technical issues not with the true intention of how to use and play this mod. Makes the whole mega mod look quite different to me now :hug:

@seanas: Also true. Technically speaking the mega mod is perfect (or quite close to it). And it does exactly what you say. It provides nearly every huge custom made content out there in the modding community. But the many possible choices attached to every mode exceed many peoples capabilities and lead to frustration in one way or the other. I can only speak for myself but having to think most of the time which npc to keep and which to kick out would keep my from enyoing the whole game.

You modders did an amazing job (some of you still do) and i really thank you for that. Maybe my biggest problem is my lack of time. If i had all the time needed for such a complex and demanding game i would argue another way but i just wanted too much and i just realise that such an installation provides too many choices and opportunities.

I guess i'll try a "light" version of the mega mod. Some new content (CtB and the BGT experience, NTotSc+DTotsc) and hang on to the well known parts (TDD, SOS, TS + BP). Should be able to deal with this :blink:

#14 delnaja

delnaja
  • 47 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 01:14 AM

That's it :woot: The ultimate post (at least for me).

@delnaja: Your speaking my tongue, pal. Thank god you wrote this thread before i started my mega install experience. You know why? Cause 3 to 4 days after starting my game (at the latest) i would have ended up the way you did. And that's for sure. I never had any problems about some small bugs reported in various threats out there. Sure they are annoying some maybe very disturbing but i always thought that for the additional fun and content it's worth it.

I finished a "small" mega mod containing SoS+TDD+TS+BP some month ago. Even with this respectively small mod i had serious problems how to figure out which npc to keep and which to kick out. Luckily most of them could rejoin and the total number of forced npc was rather small but when i read this i know that this mega mod is nothing for me.

Well, I'm glad someone benefited from my post :D
I don't mean to scare people away from NPC-forcing mods in general, it's the combination of such that can cause problems.

Also, one critical aspect for me was that it felt real bad for me to leave NPCs behind (for instance Jaheira and Wulfgar) and seemingly NEVER BE ABLE TO GET THEM BACK, or that whole plots seemed to break because I rejected a certain NPC. It would have been much better if a NPC, if/when rejected, would return to, say, the Copper Coronet as a default. This way no plotlines would be broken and one could pursue them at a later time.

But, please, Vlad and other modders. Don't burn me for saying this. I do respect your work and the intentions you have with your mods. It is my belief that, in the end, it is ALWAYS the modders right (without question) to decide what goes and what doesn't :cheers:

//DelNaja

#15 -Younes-

-Younes-

Posted 17 August 2006 - 07:31 AM

I don't mean to scare people away from NPC-forcing mods in general, it's the combination of such that can cause problems.

Also, one critical aspect for me was that it felt real bad for me to leave NPCs behind (for instance Jaheira and Wulfgar) and seemingly NEVER BE ABLE TO GET THEM BACK, or that whole plots seemed to break because I rejected a certain NPC. It would have been much better if a NPC, if/when rejected, would return to, say, the Copper Coronet as a default. This way no plotlines would be broken and one could pursue them at a later time.

But, please, Vlad and other modders. Don't burn me for saying this. I do respect your work and the intentions you have with your mods. It is my belief that, in the end, it is ALWAYS the modders right (without question) to decide what goes and what doesn't :cheers:

//DelNaja

Brilliant post Delnaja!! :cheers:

In my quest for the ultimate Mega Mod (and because of my relative inexperience), I was only worried about technical incompatibilities. After many ours of play, I started to encounter the exact same problems related to which NPCs to keep or not for the progress of mod/quests...and it just began to spoil the game: from fully enjoying the intricacies and efforts that Modders put in their work, it slowly switched to just hunting for the next quest/XP that would allow me to progress whithout breaking the stiry line. A journey is not only about the destination, it is also about how you get there, right!

So this post convinced me to redo a new Mega install that is not only technically compatible, but also story line compatible. So for new players that would like to try a Mega install, please find below a description of my current install (and the Weidu file). It seems to be solid and compiled great!

I would appreciate if any experienced Modders and Mega Install builders could give me their seal of approval for this build! ( Any comments on cross compatibility also very welcomed!)

Hail Modder Gods!! :Bow:

-Younes

My install (in the described order):
1/ Baldur?s Gate: The Original Saga (Custom install with all the checkboxes ticked)
2/ SoA + ToB + official Bioware 26498 Patch
3/ BG2 FIXPACK (the Beta2 version) - no "Super Happy Modder"
4/ Shadows over Soubar (SoS ? WeiDU v1.11)
5/ The Darkest Day (TDD ? WeiDU v1.11)
6/ Check The Bodies (CtB ? WeiDU v1.8) - (with Patch for Chores)
7/ Tortured Souls (TS-BP ? v6.07)
8/ Baldur's Gate Trilogy (BGT-v1.01) - (with Erebusant instructions)
9/ DSotSC (BGT-Weidu v1.85) + DSotSC4BGTWeiDUv185WM6_patch1.1
10/ NTotSC (BGT-Weidu v1.45) + NTotSC4BGTWeiDUv145WM6_patch1.1
11/ Secret of Bone Hill (SoBHv205)
12/ the bigg?s? 1stMod
13/ BG1NPC Portrait pack
14/ Unfinished Business (UB-v15)
15/ The Lure of the Sirine's Call (SirinesCall_v4_BGT)
16/ Big Picture version 177 weidu
17/ The Longer Road v 1.5 (LongerRoad- v1.5.1)
18/ BGTTWEAK (BGTTweak_v4)
19/ PnP Celestials (PnP celestial-v3)
20/ DEFJAM_v3 for XP balancing
21/ BG2_TWEAKS (BG2_Tweaks-v1)
22/ Refinements (Refinements-v3.02) with Level 50 fix from Erebusant instructions
23/ BP-BGT-WORLDMAP (BP-BGT-Worldmap-v6.3 The NEW one!)
24/ GUI

My Weidu log:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #100 // Party Gets XP for Sending Keldorn to Reconcile With Maria
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #101 // Improved Spell Animations
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #103 // Mixed-Use Dagger Fixes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #104 // Ghreyfain's Holy Symbol Fixes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #105 // Additional Hero Quests in Trademeet Wait Until Hero is Officially Named
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #106 // Giants Receive Penalties When Attacking Halflings, Dwarves, and Gnomes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #107 // Remove Dual-Classing Restriction from Archers and Stalkers
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #108 // Remove Second Attribute Bonus for Evil Path in Wrath Hell Trial
~SETUP-SOS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Shadows Over Soubar, v1.11
~SETUP-SOS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Remorhaz walking speed adjustment (for ENGLISH version .EXE ONLY!!!)
~SETUP-TDD.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Darkest Day, v1.11
~SETUP-TDD.TP2~ #0 #1 // TDD Character Kits
~SETUP-CTB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Check The Bodies, v1.8
~SETUP-CTB-CHORES.TP2~ #0 #0 // Candlekeep Chores, v2.0
~SETUP-TS-BP.TP2~ #0 #0 // TORTURED SOULS v6.07 (BP Compatible Version)
~SETUP-BGT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Core 1.01
~SETUP-DSOTSC.TP2~ #0 #0 // DSotSC for BGT-Weidu v1.85 Mod
~SETUP-NTOTSC.TP2~ #0 #0 // NTotSC for BGT-Weidu v1.45 Mod
~SETUP-BONEHILL.TP2~ #0 #0 // Bone Hill Mod v2.05 (Requires BGT-Weidu or Tutu)
~1STMOD/SETUP-1STMOD.TP2~ #0 #0 // 1St Mod. Correct IDS, Scriptable Spells, and similar beneficious stuff.
~BG1NPC_PORTRAIT_PACK/BG1NPC_PORTRAIT_PACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Copy all portraits for use by player characters
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Kidnapping of Boo by Cliffette
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #1 // The Suna Seni/Valygar Relationship
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #2 // Kalah and What He Was Promised
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #3 // "Cat and Mouse" (Bodhi hunts you in Spellhold) by Ghreyfain
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #4 // Gorje Hilldark and the Extended Illithium Quest
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #5 // The Pai'Na/Spider's Bane Quest
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #6 // Restored Crooked Crane Inn
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #7 // Restored Encounters
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #8 // Artemis Entreri in Bodhi's Lair
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #9 // Corrected "Xzar's Creations"
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #10 // Restored Hell Minions, by SimDing0
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #11 // Gorf the Squisher Fix, by Gebhard Blucher
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #12 // Item Restorations
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #13 // Yoshimo's Original Portrait
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #14 // Anomen's Original Portrait
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #15 // NPC Portrait Restorations
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #16 // Corrected BAMs and Scripts
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #17 // Corrected Character Names and Biographies
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #19 // Restored Bhaalspawn Powers, by David Gaider
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #20 // Extended ToB Item Descriptions
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #21 // Throne of Bhaal Minor Restorations
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #22 // Justifier Kit
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #23 // Feralan Kit
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #24 // Sarevok's Remorse
~SETUP-SIRINESCALL.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Lure of the Sirine's Call
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #0 // Big Picture AI/Enhancement Mod, version 177 weidu (beta)
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #1 // Improved Suldanessallar
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #2 // Improved Spellhold
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #3 // Wand of Orcus Add-In
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #4 // Improved Small Teeth Pass, by Kensai Ryu
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #5 // Improved Kangaxx Encounter, by Kensai Ryu
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #6 // Kensai Ryu's Improved Crypt King
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #7 // Kensai Ryu's Gnome Fighter/Illusionist in the Docks
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #8 // Improved Random Encounters, by Gebhard Blucher and Kensai Ryu
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #9 // Gebhard Blucher's Lich in the Docks
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #10 // Red Badge, Poison-Based Encounter, by Westley Weimer
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #11 // Kuroisan the Acid Kensai, by Westley Weimer
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #12 // The Ritual, by Westley Weimer
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #13 // Improved Xvart Village, for BGT-weidu
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #15 // Ascension for BP
~SETUP-LONGERROAD.TP2~ #0 #0 // Longer Road v 1.5
~SETUP-LONGERROAD.TP2~ #0 #2 // Restore Irenicus's original portrait from SoA.
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Eldoth reminds of Skie's ransom
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #1 // Angelo notices Shar-teel
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Finishable Kagain caravan quest
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #3 // Tougher Sarevok and Semaj
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #4 // Major locations explored upon visit
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #5 // Druid/Ranger-responsive bears in BG1
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #6 // Happy patch: NPCs cannot choose to leave the party
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #7 // Import more items into Shadows of Amn (WARNING: This can be considered a cheat)
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #9 // Random activated traps in the pirate cave -> Game-time randomisation
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #10 // Bags of the Sword Coast
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #11 // Altered spawns -> TuTu-style levelled spawns
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #13 // Arkion reacts to player's reputation
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #14 // Coran responds to the death of a wyvern
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #15 // More bandit scalps
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #16 // Remove item shattering
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #17 // Hooded unarmoured mages and thieves
~SETUP-CELESTIALS.TP2~ #0 #0 // PnP Celestials
~SETUP-XPMOD.TP2~ #0 #6 // Locks, Traps and Spells XP Reduction -> Reduce to 25%
~SETUP-XPMOD.TP2~ #0 #9 // Quest XP Reduction -> Reduce to 75%
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #20 // Change Imoen's Avatar to Mage
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #30 // Change Nalia's Avatar to Thief
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #40 // Change Viconia's Skin Color to Dark Blue
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #50 // Avatar Morphing Script
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Weapon Animation Tweaks
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #70 // Icewind Dale Casting Graphics (Andyr)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #100 // Commoners Use Drab Colors
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #110 // Icon Improvements
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #120 // Change Avatar When Wearing Robes or Armor (Galactygon)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // More Interjections
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1020 // Alter HP Triggers for NPC Wounded Dialogues
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1030 // Reveal Wilderness Areas Before Chapter Six
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1070 // Improved Kick-out Dialogues
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Add Bags of Holding
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1090 // Exotic Item Pack
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1120 // Stores Sell Higher Stacks of Items
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1150 // Shapeshifter Rebalancing
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1160 // Multiple Strongholds (Baldurdash)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1180 // Female Edwina
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3000 // Higher HP on Level Up -> Maximum
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3010 // Maximum HP for NPCs (the bigg) -> For All Creatures in Game
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3020 // Identify All Items
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3031 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells and No Maximum Cap
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Make Bags of Holding Bottomless
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3050 // Remove fatigue from restoration spells
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3060 // Remove "You Must Gather Your Party..." Sound (Weimer)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3080 // Unlimited Ammo Stacking
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3090 // Unlimited Gem and Jewelry Stacking
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3100 // Unlimited Potion Stacking
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3110 // Unlimited Scroll Stacking
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3150 // Turn Off The Hideous Cloak-of-Mirroring and Spell-Trap Animation
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3160 // Keep Drizzt's Loot, Disable Malchor Harpell
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3190 // Rest Anywhere (Japheth)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3200 // Sellable Staffs, Clubs, and Slings (Icelus)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4010 // Improved Fate Spirit Summoning
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4020 // ToB-Style NPCs
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4031 // Consistent Stats: Edwin -> Use BG2 Values
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4041 // Consistent Stats: Jaheira -> Use BG2 Values
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4050 // Change Jaheira to Neutral Good
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4061 // Consistent Stats: Minsc -> Use BG2 Values
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4071 // Consistent Stats: Viconia -> Use BG2 Values
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4080 // Make Khalid a Fighter-Mage (Domi)
~SETUP-REFINEMENTS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Revised High Level Abilities
~SETUP-REFINEMENTS.TP2~ #0 #20 // "SwashImoen" -> "SwashImoen", full revision (suggested)
~SETUP-REFINEMENTS.TP2~ #0 #30 // Shapeshifting fix -> Heal on shifting back to human (Default)
~SETUP-REFINEMENTS.TP2~ #0 #40 // Universal lesser mage robes
~SETUP-REFINEMENTS.TP2~ #0 #73 // Revised Armors & Shields. -> Update the descriptions.
~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #0 // Revised worldmap for the Baldur's Gate - including coloured Baldur's Gate map icons -> Installing new Worldmap for use with Mega Modification
~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #3 // Clothmap style map for Throne of Bhaal
~SETUP-GUI.TP2~ #0 #6 // Game Graphical User Interface (GUI) -> "Baldur's Gate Trilogy" (Elminster wielding sword)
~SETUP-GUI.TP2~ #0 #5 // "Tortured Souls" - just nice in-game Fonts

Hope this helps!!

"A mathematician may say anything he pleases, but a physicist must be at least partially sane"

#16 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 09:00 AM

//DelNaja

Brilliant post Delnaja!! :cheers:

In my quest for the ultimate Mega Mod (and because of my relative inexperience), I was only worried about technical incompatibilities. After many ours of play, I started to encounter the exact same problems related to which NPCs to keep or not for the progress of mod/quests...and it just began to spoil the game: from fully enjoying the intricacies and efforts that Modders put in their work, it slowly switched to just hunting for the next quest/XP that would allow me to progress whithout breaking the stiry line. A journey is not only about the destination, it is also about how you get there, right!

So this post convinced me to redo a new Mega install that is not only technically compatible, but also story line compatible. So for new players that would like to try a Mega install, please find below a description of my current install (and the Weidu file). It seems to be solid and compiled great!

I would appreciate if any experienced Modders and Mega Install builders could give me their seal of approval for this build! ( Any comments on cross compatibility also very welcomed!)

Hail Modder Gods!! :Bow:

-Younes

My install (in the described order):
1/ Baldur?s Gate: The Original Saga (Custom install with all the checkboxes ticked)
2/ SoA + ToB + official Bioware 26498 Patch
3/ BG2 FIXPACK (the Beta2 version) - no "Super Happy Modder"
4/ Shadows over Soubar (SoS ? WeiDU v1.11)
5/ The Darkest Day (TDD ? WeiDU v1.11)
6/ Check The Bodies (CtB ? WeiDU v1.8) - (with Patch for Chores)
7/ Tortured Souls (TS-BP ? v6.07)
8/ Baldur's Gate Trilogy (BGT-v1.01) - (with Erebusant instructions)
9/ DSotSC (BGT-Weidu v1.85) + DSotSC4BGTWeiDUv185WM6_patch1.1
10/ NTotSC (BGT-Weidu v1.45) + NTotSC4BGTWeiDUv145WM6_patch1.1
11/ Secret of Bone Hill (SoBHv205)
12/ the bigg?s? 1stMod
13/ BG1NPC Portrait pack
14/ Unfinished Business (UB-v15)
15/ The Lure of the Sirine's Call (SirinesCall_v4_BGT)
16/ Big Picture version 177 weidu
17/ The Longer Road v 1.5 (LongerRoad- v1.5.1)
18/ BGTTWEAK (BGTTweak_v4)
19/ PnP Celestials (PnP celestial-v3)
20/ DEFJAM_v3 for XP balancing
21/ BG2_TWEAKS (BG2_Tweaks-v1)
22/ Refinements (Refinements-v3.02) with Level 50 fix from Erebusant instructions
23/ BP-BGT-WORLDMAP (BP-BGT-Worldmap-v6.3 The NEW one!)
24/ GUI

My Weidu log:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #100 // Party Gets XP for Sending Keldorn to Reconcile With Maria
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #101 // Improved Spell Animations
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #103 // Mixed-Use Dagger Fixes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #104 // Ghreyfain's Holy Symbol Fixes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #105 // Additional Hero Quests in Trademeet Wait Until Hero is Officially Named
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #106 // Giants Receive Penalties When Attacking Halflings, Dwarves, and Gnomes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #107 // Remove Dual-Classing Restriction from Archers and Stalkers
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #108 // Remove Second Attribute Bonus for Evil Path in Wrath Hell Trial
~SETUP-SOS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Shadows Over Soubar, v1.11
~SETUP-SOS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Remorhaz walking speed adjustment (for ENGLISH version .EXE ONLY!!!)
~SETUP-TDD.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Darkest Day, v1.11
~SETUP-TDD.TP2~ #0 #1 // TDD Character Kits
~SETUP-CTB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Check The Bodies, v1.8
~SETUP-CTB-CHORES.TP2~ #0 #0 // Candlekeep Chores, v2.0
~SETUP-TS-BP.TP2~ #0 #0 // TORTURED SOULS v6.07 (BP Compatible Version)
~SETUP-BGT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Core 1.01
~SETUP-DSOTSC.TP2~ #0 #0 // DSotSC for BGT-Weidu v1.85 Mod
~SETUP-NTOTSC.TP2~ #0 #0 // NTotSC for BGT-Weidu v1.45 Mod
~SETUP-BONEHILL.TP2~ #0 #0 // Bone Hill Mod v2.05 (Requires BGT-Weidu or Tutu)
~1STMOD/SETUP-1STMOD.TP2~ #0 #0 // 1St Mod. Correct IDS, Scriptable Spells, and similar beneficious stuff.
~BG1NPC_PORTRAIT_PACK/BG1NPC_PORTRAIT_PACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Copy all portraits for use by player characters
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Kidnapping of Boo by Cliffette
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #1 // The Suna Seni/Valygar Relationship
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #2 // Kalah and What He Was Promised
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #3 // "Cat and Mouse" (Bodhi hunts you in Spellhold) by Ghreyfain
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #4 // Gorje Hilldark and the Extended Illithium Quest
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #5 // The Pai'Na/Spider's Bane Quest
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #6 // Restored Crooked Crane Inn
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #7 // Restored Encounters
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #8 // Artemis Entreri in Bodhi's Lair
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #9 // Corrected "Xzar's Creations"
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #10 // Restored Hell Minions, by SimDing0
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #11 // Gorf the Squisher Fix, by Gebhard Blucher
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #12 // Item Restorations
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #13 // Yoshimo's Original Portrait
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #14 // Anomen's Original Portrait
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #15 // NPC Portrait Restorations
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #16 // Corrected BAMs and Scripts
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #17 // Corrected Character Names and Biographies
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #19 // Restored Bhaalspawn Powers, by David Gaider
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #20 // Extended ToB Item Descriptions
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #21 // Throne of Bhaal Minor Restorations
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #22 // Justifier Kit
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #23 // Feralan Kit
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #24 // Sarevok's Remorse
~SETUP-SIRINESCALL.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Lure of the Sirine's Call
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #0 // Big Picture AI/Enhancement Mod, version 177 weidu (beta)
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #1 // Improved Suldanessallar
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #2 // Improved Spellhold
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #3 // Wand of Orcus Add-In
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #4 // Improved Small Teeth Pass, by Kensai Ryu
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #5 // Improved Kangaxx Encounter, by Kensai Ryu
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #6 // Kensai Ryu's Improved Crypt King
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #7 // Kensai Ryu's Gnome Fighter/Illusionist in the Docks
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #8 // Improved Random Encounters, by Gebhard Blucher and Kensai Ryu
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #9 // Gebhard Blucher's Lich in the Docks
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #10 // Red Badge, Poison-Based Encounter, by Westley Weimer
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #11 // Kuroisan the Acid Kensai, by Westley Weimer
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #12 // The Ritual, by Westley Weimer
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #13 // Improved Xvart Village, for BGT-weidu
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #15 // Ascension for BP
~SETUP-LONGERROAD.TP2~ #0 #0 // Longer Road v 1.5
~SETUP-LONGERROAD.TP2~ #0 #2 // Restore Irenicus's original portrait from SoA.
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Eldoth reminds of Skie's ransom
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #1 // Angelo notices Shar-teel
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Finishable Kagain caravan quest
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #3 // Tougher Sarevok and Semaj
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #4 // Major locations explored upon visit
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #5 // Druid/Ranger-responsive bears in BG1
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #6 // Happy patch: NPCs cannot choose to leave the party
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #7 // Import more items into Shadows of Amn (WARNING: This can be considered a cheat)
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #9 // Random activated traps in the pirate cave -> Game-time randomisation
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #10 // Bags of the Sword Coast
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #11 // Altered spawns -> TuTu-style levelled spawns
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #13 // Arkion reacts to player's reputation
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #14 // Coran responds to the death of a wyvern
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #15 // More bandit scalps
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #16 // Remove item shattering
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #17 // Hooded unarmoured mages and thieves
~SETUP-CELESTIALS.TP2~ #0 #0 // PnP Celestials
~SETUP-XPMOD.TP2~ #0 #6 // Locks, Traps and Spells XP Reduction -> Reduce to 25%
~SETUP-XPMOD.TP2~ #0 #9 // Quest XP Reduction -> Reduce to 75%
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #20 // Change Imoen's Avatar to Mage
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #30 // Change Nalia's Avatar to Thief
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #40 // Change Viconia's Skin Color to Dark Blue
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #50 // Avatar Morphing Script
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Weapon Animation Tweaks
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #70 // Icewind Dale Casting Graphics (Andyr)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #100 // Commoners Use Drab Colors
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #110 // Icon Improvements
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #120 // Change Avatar When Wearing Robes or Armor (Galactygon)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // More Interjections
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1020 // Alter HP Triggers for NPC Wounded Dialogues
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1030 // Reveal Wilderness Areas Before Chapter Six
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1070 // Improved Kick-out Dialogues
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Add Bags of Holding
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1090 // Exotic Item Pack
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1120 // Stores Sell Higher Stacks of Items
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1150 // Shapeshifter Rebalancing
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1160 // Multiple Strongholds (Baldurdash)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1180 // Female Edwina
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3000 // Higher HP on Level Up -> Maximum
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3010 // Maximum HP for NPCs (the bigg) -> For All Creatures in Game
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3020 // Identify All Items
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3031 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells and No Maximum Cap
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Make Bags of Holding Bottomless
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3050 // Remove fatigue from restoration spells
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3060 // Remove "You Must Gather Your Party..." Sound (Weimer)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3080 // Unlimited Ammo Stacking
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3090 // Unlimited Gem and Jewelry Stacking
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3100 // Unlimited Potion Stacking
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3110 // Unlimited Scroll Stacking
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3150 // Turn Off The Hideous Cloak-of-Mirroring and Spell-Trap Animation
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3160 // Keep Drizzt's Loot, Disable Malchor Harpell
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3190 // Rest Anywhere (Japheth)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3200 // Sellable Staffs, Clubs, and Slings (Icelus)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4010 // Improved Fate Spirit Summoning
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4020 // ToB-Style NPCs
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4031 // Consistent Stats: Edwin -> Use BG2 Values
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4041 // Consistent Stats: Jaheira -> Use BG2 Values
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4050 // Change Jaheira to Neutral Good
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4061 // Consistent Stats: Minsc -> Use BG2 Values
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4071 // Consistent Stats: Viconia -> Use BG2 Values
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4080 // Make Khalid a Fighter-Mage (Domi)
~SETUP-REFINEMENTS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Revised High Level Abilities
~SETUP-REFINEMENTS.TP2~ #0 #20 // "SwashImoen" -> "SwashImoen", full revision (suggested)
~SETUP-REFINEMENTS.TP2~ #0 #30 // Shapeshifting fix -> Heal on shifting back to human (Default)
~SETUP-REFINEMENTS.TP2~ #0 #40 // Universal lesser mage robes
~SETUP-REFINEMENTS.TP2~ #0 #73 // Revised Armors & Shields. -> Update the descriptions.
~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #0 // Revised worldmap for the Baldur's Gate - including coloured Baldur's Gate map icons -> Installing new Worldmap for use with Mega Modification
~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #3 // Clothmap style map for Throne of Bhaal
~SETUP-GUI.TP2~ #0 #6 // Game Graphical User Interface (GUI) -> "Baldur's Gate Trilogy" (Elminster wielding sword)
~SETUP-GUI.TP2~ #0 #5 // "Tortured Souls" - just nice in-game Fonts

Hope this helps!!

"A mathematician may say anything he pleases, but a physicist must be at least partially sane"

Looks awesome to me, although I believe the Beta2 fixpack resolved the issue with Super Happy Modder and CtB v1.8

It takes a village...

#17 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 09:13 AM

And there is new version of TS uploaded/beeing uploaded 6.09