33 replies to this topic

#1 cirerrek

cirerrek
  • 193 posts

Posted 16 March 2003 - 02:10 PM

I finally uploaded a WeiDU installation of the eSeries currently at v1.1.07

They can be found here.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cirerrek/

If you do d/l them, be sure to pick up a copy of Detectable Spells and Scriptable spells or the scripts will not work correctly and will most likely crash your game at some point.

If anyone is interested, I can create and combo pack that includes all three packs.

I'm always looking for suggestions on how to improve the scripts and fix any errors, so if you have a suggestion, or run into a problem, then send me an e-mail.

Thanks,
Cirerrek

#2 Michel

Michel

Damn. I'm good!

• 1003 posts

Posted 16 March 2003 - 02:29 PM

I downloaded it but not installed yet.

Does this package also covers the AI for the summoned creatures? If not, I would love to see that in this package. I usually micromanage with the characters and the summoneds. I'd love to see that the summoned have a good AI so that I only have to take care of my characters.

#3 cirerrek

cirerrek
  • 193 posts

Posted 16 March 2003 - 06:31 PM

Yikes, creepy sig pic, Michel!

No, it doesn't cover the AI for summoned monsters. That pack, gMinion, is next on my to do list.

I may wind up working on it tonight while my wife plays a couple of rounds of BG2.

Thanks,
Cirerrek

#4 Michel

Michel

Damn. I'm good!

• 1003 posts

Posted 16 March 2003 - 07:29 PM

Yikes, creepy sig pic, Michel!

Hehe

No, it doesn't cover the AI for summoned monsters.  That pack, gMinion, is next on my to do list.  

That would be so cool!

I may wind up working on it tonight while my wife plays a couple of rounds of BG2.  

Thanks,
Cirerrek

:lol: :lol:

Can you package the Detectable Spells and Scriptable spells and the gMinion and eMinion in one package? Pretty please?
One question about the released package; Does it work only with a new game or with a "in progress" game?

#5 Michel

Michel

Damn. I'm good!

• 1003 posts

Posted 16 March 2003 - 07:42 PM

I get an error while trying to install the Eseries:

WeiDU v 115 Log

D:\Games\BGII - SoA\Setup-eSeries.exe
[D:\Games\BGII - SoA\Setup-eSeries.exe] this file time = 1.04774e+009
[Setup-eSeries.exe] file time = 1.04774e+009
[Setup-Ascension.exe] file time = 1.04774e+009
[Setup-Ease.exe] file time = 1.04774e+009
[Setup-ItemUpgrade.exe] file time = 1.04774e+009
[Setup-Solaufein.exe] file time = 1.04774e+009
[Setup-Tactics.exe] file time = 1.04774e+009
[Setup-Valen.exe] file time = 1.04774e+009
[Setup-DungeonBeGone.exe] file time = 1.04774e+009
[Setup-Redemption.exe] file time = 1.04774e+009
[Setup-Kelsey.exe] file time = 1.04774e+009
[Setup-KelseyToB.exe] file time = 1.04774e+009
[Setup-Imoen.exe] file time = 1.04774e+009
[Setup-NPCFlirt.exe] file time = 1.04774e+009
[Setup-GBThfKp.exe] file time = 1.04774e+009
[Setup-Detectable_Spells.exe] file time = 1.04774e+009
[Setup-Scriptable_Spells.exe] file time = 1.04774e+009
[./chitin.key] loaded, 590551 bytes
[./chitin.key] 182 BIFFs, 41793 resources
[dialog.tlk] loaded, 10642086 bytes
[dialog.tlk] 87495 string entries
[./baldur.ini] loaded, 3609 bytes
Possible CD Path: [D:\Games\BGII - SoA\CD1\]
Possible CD Path: [D:\Games\BGII - SoA\CD2\]
Possible CD Path: [D:\Games\BGII - SoA\CD2\]
Possible CD Path: [D:\Games\BGII - SoA\CD3\]
Possible CD Path: [D:\Games\BGII - SoA\CD4\]
Possible CD Path: [D:\Games\BGII - SoA\CD5\]
[./Mplaynow.ini] loaded, 230 bytes
[./Autorun.ini] loaded, 1452 bytes
[./Keymap.ini] loaded, 5615 bytes
[dialog.tlk] claims to be writeable.
[dialog.tlk] claims to be a regular file.
[WeiDU.log] parsed
[SETUP-ESERIES.TP2] parsed
Using Language [AMERICAN ENGLISH]
[AMERICAN ENGLISH] has 1 top-level TRA files
ERROR: No translation provided for @1
ERROR: problem parsing TP file [SETUP-ESERIES.TP2]: Not_found

ERROR: Not_found

WeiDU Timings
TOTAL 0.438 s
unmarshal TLK 0.250 s
loading files 0.094 s
unmarshal KEY 0.094 s
parsing .tp2 files 0.000 s
parsing .log files 0.000 s

http://62.195.69.92/Eseries.jpg

#6 cirerrek

cirerrek
  • 193 posts

Posted 16 March 2003 - 10:10 PM

I think I have it fixed. The fixed version was uploaded. I had ~American English~ in all caps in the .tp2 file. At least, that was the only thing I could find that made sense with what the log file was saying. Thanks for providing that :)

Did a bit of background work for gMinion tonight.

eSeries, gMinion, Detectable Spells, and Scriptable Spells all as one package. Yeah, that is doable.

Now to go dig into gMinion a little more and figure out how to do a couple of the things I want with WeiDU.

Oh, to answer your other question, you will not have to start a new game.

Thanks,
Cirerrek

#7 -Ghreyfain-

-Ghreyfain-

Posted 16 March 2003 - 10:19 PM

I'm really looking forward to the gMinion WeiDU version since, like Michel, I prefer to control my party but leave my summons to roam free. I also like being able to fireball them without them going hostile. :)

Keep up the awesome work.

#8 Michel

Michel

Damn. I'm good!

• 1003 posts

Posted 16 March 2003 - 10:22 PM

I think I have it fixed. The fixed version was uploaded. I had ~American English~ in all caps in the .tp2 file. At least, that was the only thing I could find that made sense with what the log file was saying. Thanks for providing that :)

Did a bit of background work for gMinion tonight.

eSeries, gMinion, Detectable Spells, and Scriptable Spells all as one package. Yeah, that is doable.

Now to go dig into gMinion a little more and figure out how to do a couple of the things I want with WeiDU.

Oh, to answer your other question, you will not have to start a new game.

Thanks,
Cirerrek

Awesome!!

#9 cirerrek

cirerrek
  • 193 posts

Posted 17 March 2003 - 11:21 PM

Okay I've uploaded a fixed fixed version of eSeries. I had put the files in the zip in the wrong order, so it was no wonder that WeiDU couldn't find the files it needed.

Also gMinion v1.6.1 is up. I have NOT! had a chance to install it, so use at your own risk.

The Improved Undead in the Tactics Mod do modify some of the same scripts that are modified by gMinion. I have used them in conjunction briefly and did not notice any problems. All in all, I'd probably go ahead and install gMinion after the tactics mod, Improved Undead, just in case.

As far as I know, you should be able to plug gMinion in and play without having to start a new game.

If you aren't using the eSeries scripts, the clones created through Projected Image, Mislead, and Simulacrum will not be assigned a script, so you will have to control them manually. The ReadMe contains more info on this.

It will probably be this weekend before I have a chance to work on a eSeries+gMinion+Detectable Spells+Scriptable Spells Pack.

Hope you enjoy :)

Thanks,
Cirerrek

#10 Caedwyr

Caedwyr

Wraith Editor

• 962 posts

Posted 18 March 2003 - 12:35 AM

A problem I had with the gMinion scripts, and the eSeries scripts, is that whenever a similcrum, projected image, or mislead was created all party members would start bombarding it with dispels until it was gone. This made these summons very irritating to use, and I was forced to turn the AI off when I wanted to use them.
"Knowledge is Power. Power Corrupts. Study Hard. Be Evil." - Ferret

PnP Celestials
Geomantic Sorcerer Kit

#11 cirerrek

cirerrek
  • 193 posts

Posted 18 March 2003 - 05:40 AM

Caedwyr,

Some feedback! Nice!

I haven't really experienced the dispel the Simulacrum craze, but I don't use the copies very much. I can see how it could happen.

The eSeries scripts do check to try and make sure party members aren't in the area when they launch a dispel magic (unless it is being used to remove a really nasty debilitating effect), but copies aren't really considered part of the party, so they may be getting ignored.

I have in my notes to add a timer that prevents the party from casting dispel magic whenever a S/PI/or M is in effect if it looked like it was going to be necessary. Looks like it might be necessary :) I will look into implementing the timer.

Thanks,
Cirerrek

#12 Mageofthesands

Mageofthesands
  • 23 posts

Posted 18 March 2003 - 09:17 AM

So this is a program that installs these scripts? I think I might of tried the eseris but quit since it was hard to install and use correctly. And if I tell Imoen to cast Teleportation Field, will she cast it, attack with her bow, or cast Stoneskin. I hate it when my NPCs don't do what they're told.

#13 cirerrek

cirerrek
  • 193 posts

Posted 18 March 2003 - 10:01 AM

All of the MODs on my webpage use a WeiDU installer, so if you are familiar with installing WeiDU mods, then this will not be any different other than you manually have to extract the files to your BG2-Main directory from the zip files. After that, installation and un-installation is the same as say the Tactics MOD.

The scripts pretty much manage themselves when it comes to combat and healing. Some of the tougher and/or specific encounters will still require you to take control of a single character or the party. You are after all smarter than the scripts, so this is probably true of all Party AI scripts.

The scripts use ActionListEmpty() in almost every segment of code, so they will do what you tell them to if you manually select them.

I like to use them because they handle ordinary encounters quite well and using them requires SO much LESS clicking.

As Ghreyfain and Michel have indicated, some people like to control all aspects of their party, so they forgo the use of Party AI scripts, but they like the fact that they don't have to control their minions if they use gMinion or similar scripts.

If I can provide better documentation and/or reasonably increase the ease of installation, then let me know and I'll endeavor to get there.

#14 Caedwyr

Caedwyr

Wraith Editor

• 962 posts

Posted 18 March 2003 - 05:15 PM

I've found another problem with the eSeries scripts. They don't seem to like certain weapons created by the Item Upgrade Mod. I currently have Minsc equipped with the Throwing Impaler, and set to use the eFighter Script. The rest of my party are also using eScripts. Minsc does nothing, not even respond to attacks when equipped with this weapon. Another strange thing is that both Imoen and Edwin are using the eMage script, but only Edwin will buff himself with stoneskin.

PnP Celestials
Geomantic Sorcerer Kit

#15 cirerrek

cirerrek
  • 193 posts

Posted 18 March 2003 - 07:10 PM

Caedwyr,

I've never used the Throwing Impaler, do they function like the throwing axes...Azureedge and Rifthome Axe +3? If that is the case, I'll need to go add all the ranged weapons from the Item Upgrade to the missile weapon list in the scripts. Shouldn't take too long.

How many buffing spells does Imoen in memory? The Hot Key Buff only casts spells for I believe 3 rounds, which is usually enough to get off say three spells. But it may be more or less depending on the casting time of the spells. If she has more than that in memory, it may be that she just isn't making it down to Stoneskin.

Stoneskin is #4 in the list behind Simulacrum, Projected Image, and Mislead. Does Imoen have one of the first three in memory? I think their casting time is fairly long, but I'll check to be sure.

As soon as she is attacked does Stoneskin fire?

I appreciate the error reports Caedwyr, but if you could, please in the future, send them to my hotmail account. This sort of diverges from WeiDU topics and I'd hate to overstay my welcome. :D

I should have a new version that addresses the throwing spear issue within the hour.

Thanks,
Cirerrek

#16 Caedwyr

Caedwyr

Wraith Editor

• 962 posts

Posted 18 March 2003 - 07:35 PM

The throwing impaler acts in the same way as the throwing axes and the firetooth dagger. It has a ranged and melee mode that is selectable by right clicking on the item.

Re: Imoen not buffing. I checked her again, and she does fire off stoneskin in battle, so everything is fine. The problem was Edwin had the default mage defensive script, and was buffing out of combat for long duration buffs.

Now that I know you want the bug reports sent to your email, all future ones will be sent that route. B)

PnP Celestials
Geomantic Sorcerer Kit

#17 cirerrek

cirerrek
  • 193 posts

Posted 18 March 2003 - 08:11 PM

Okay, then adding them to the list should do the trick.

v1.1.08 is up

I added:

Azuredge +4
Telemortis +4
Throwing Spear +3
Throwing Unicorn Spear +3
Throwing Impaler +4

which I hope covers all the ranged weapons in the Item Upgrade.

Okay, cool. If your mages happen to have one stoneskin left when you hit B, then Stoneskin will not be cast during the Buffing process, but it should fire off as soon as they run out and are still under attack.

I appreciate the consideration. Now off to play for an hour or so :)

Cheers,
Cirerrek

#18 Mageofthesands

Mageofthesands
  • 23 posts

Posted 31 March 2003 - 05:23 AM

I tried your scripts. I have had many problems with them. First off, why is my bard using the eTheif, charging the enemy when he should stay back and sing? Is there a chance that an eBard could be made? And Aerie with eMulti sometimes charges as well. Bad mage. Not to mention Naila who tries to poke near by thugs with her dagger instead of throwing it at them (with eMage). But what broke the camels back was when Minsc (eFighter) used his Charm Animal ability on the Shadow Dragon, over and over. That I can not tolerate. My archer even charges the bad guy with eArcher than pulls back. He doesn't attack unless told to ether. The built in Ranged script works better. I'm all for better scripts, and I would love to have these work. Can you help me on my problems? I downloaded and installed the spellpack and the other file requiered, so that can't be the problem.

#19 cirerrek

cirerrek
  • 193 posts

Posted 31 March 2003 - 10:44 AM

Greetings Mageofthesands,

Thanks for giving them a try!

For your bard, try eMage (preferable) or eMulti. They are the only two scripts that have the Bard Song segments contained in them.

Do you have the latest version (1.2.00)? I forgot to update an OR() statement in I believe v1.1.08, which carried over to v1.1.09, when I added the ranged weapons from the Item Upgrade Pack. This was fixed in fixed in v1.2.00, which should resolve your 'everybody trying to maul enemies with melee weapons problems'. If that doesn't do the trick, then please let me know.

But what broke the camels back was when Minsc (eFighter) used his Charm Animal ability on the Shadow Dragon, over and over.

Pardon we while I laugh for a while at the image of Minsc trying to use Charm Animals on the Shadow Dragon :lol:

I don't recall anything like that ever happening to me while playing, but I will investigate it.

Oh, if you don't mind, could you please send any error reports concerning the scripts to my hotmail account. The link is on my webpage.

Thanks for reporting your questions and concerns, I appreciate the feedback :)

Thanks,
Cirerrek

#20 cirerrek

cirerrek
  • 193 posts

Posted 31 March 2003 - 11:31 PM

Okay, after looking at the scripts and perusing the Shadow Dragon .cre files, it looks like Dragons are defined as General ANIMAL, which is why Minsc would have stood around trying to cast Charm Animal on one when he got close enough.

I fixed that particular segment to ignore Dragons, so at least you should no longer see Minsc (or any other ranger for that matter) crouching low and in his cutest husky berserker/ranger voice saying "Here kitty, kitty. Nice kitty kitty. How about a Minsc and Boo morsel for you...." to a dragon.

Version 1.2.01 of the eSeries is up on my website. Check the bottom of the eSeries ReadMe for additions/changes/fixes/etc.,.

Thanks,
Cirerrek