Photo

eSeries: Party AI Scripts

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 Mageofthesands

Mageofthesands
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 April 2003 - 05:09 AM

Thank you. I'll try them today. Now, if I can only change "Who's your Master?" to "Who's your sugar daddy?"

#22 cirerrek

cirerrek
  • 193 posts

Posted 02 April 2003 - 08:07 AM

Mageofthesands,

Cool. I hope they do they job for you.

Unless Lilarcor happens to say "Who's your sugar daddy?" at some point (the sword really does have a lot of lines), then you'd have to add it as a custom string to the dialog.tlk, then changed the Resref at the proper segement, and then recompile the scripts.

Of course you would need a copy of the .IDS files that I have been using to compile them. I keep meaning to .zip them up and put them on the website for download. Perhaps this evening or tomorrow evening.

Cheers,
Cirerrek

#23 Mageofthesands

Mageofthesands
  • 23 posts

Posted 29 March 2004 - 02:25 PM

Is there a new version?

#24 cirerrek

cirerrek
  • 193 posts

Posted 29 March 2004 - 02:40 PM

I uploaded a new version (last week?) to address some issues pointed out by Caedwyr. There is probably some fine tuning still to be done though.

Thanks,
Cirerrek

#25 Mageofthesands

Mageofthesands
  • 23 posts

Posted 29 March 2004 - 02:56 PM

Yeah. I was sucked back into this game again. There are a lot of things these scripts could go wrong. I still remember Minsc running up to Firky and whistling. Note: Dragon's don't like being whistled at.

Hey, do you have an IWD2 version out? And what do you say to some custom scripts? Like having an eAnoman? Like Priest, but with more self buffing and then wading into melee?

#26 cirerrek

cirerrek
  • 193 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 07:34 AM

Yeah. I was sucked back into this game again.
And what do you say to some custom scripts? Like having an eAnoman? Like Priest, but with more self buffing and then wading into melee?

There are a lot of things these scripts could go wrong.

The scripts are designed to be relatively generic while encompassing as many aspects of the game as possible. With that amount of material it is possible for things to go wrong, but wrong can also be relative. Meaning that I might like their behavior and others may not. Patent bugs I try to fix as reported, playing style usually takes a few more votes for me to change something about the scripts.

I still remember Minsc running up to Firky and whistling.  Note:  Dragon's don't like being whistled at.

Noted and fixed :lol:

Hey, do you have an IWD2 version out?

Not out, but I have some working BETAs for IWD2 that I have been testing. Real life concerns have left me with little time to get the BETAs posted or to actually move towards their completion.

And what do you say to some custom scripts?

Not from my end, but anyone is welcome to take the .baf and .ids files for the eSeries that I have posted on my site and customize them to their hearts content.

Thanks,
Cirerrek

#27 cirerrek

cirerrek
  • 193 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 07:37 AM

Argh, double post, if one of the Moderators could nuke my first reply (and this one), I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Cirerrek

#28 Mageofthesands

Mageofthesands
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 09:52 AM

I would be happy to test the IWD2 scripts. And I know you fixed Minsc, I just still find it funny.

Could you add support for the Monk HLAs of the Oversight mod?

#29 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

Incarnation of the Eternal Ale Warrior

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 06:27 PM

Argh, double post, if one of the Moderators could nuke my first reply (and this one), I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Cirerrek

Done. ;)

The great wolf Fenrir gapes ever at the dwelling of the gods.

#30 Mageofthesands

Mageofthesands
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 10:57 AM

Anouther thing. I keep haveing floating text of "You played Elminster?" over the tops of the characters heads. They didn't summon anything, or have the Talking Sword. It's annoying.

#31 Caedwyr

Caedwyr

Wraith Editor

• 962 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 11:04 AM

This happens when a character injures themself, or a party member injures them. Apparently it was a debugging message that was not commented out. Cirrek has mentioned that this will be removed in the next version.
"Knowledge is Power. Power Corrupts. Study Hard. Be Evil." - Ferret

PnP Celestials
Geomantic Sorcerer Kit

#32 -Gullard-

-Gullard-

Posted 02 July 2004 - 05:16 PM

I find the SuperScripts for BG 2 to be the best scripts. You can get them here.

http://groups.yahoo....inityScripters/

#33 FredSRichardson

FredSRichardson

WeiDU Meddler

• 258 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 12:26 AM

I find the SuperScripts for BG 2 to be the best scripts. You can get them here.

http://groups.yahoo....inityScripters/

Sorry, I can't resist....

I can only think of one person who would recommend SuperScripts.

If you're thinking of using SuperScript, or of joining InfinityScripters, be sure to use Google Groups and search for the Author (I dare not invoke his name here).
I gotta get rid of this friggin idiotic signature...

#34 Avenger_teambg

Avenger_teambg
  • 604 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 09:56 AM

:turnip:
Avenger