Photo

Exact dialogue order? Spoilers.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Trau

Trau
  • 36 posts

Posted 16 March 2003 - 05:40 PM

It seems I've tried everything, but Jon never sides with me. I meet all the requirements. Can someone tell me the exact dialogue options to choose to get Jon in my party.

#2 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 16 March 2003 - 08:59 PM

Hmm, I thought it is a bit tricky but not that difficult. You *have* to be non-evil (ie good or neutral) and have either int>12 or wis>12 to get the dialog option:

"Why would you ask such a thing? I almost felt sorry for you for half a second, and then you went into that psychotic blather... Was it because I spoke of Suldanesselar and Ellesime? She did bury you with her own hands, you know."

If you can get this one, the rest is up to your skill in diplomacy. :)

And if you have >5 party Jon will tell you that he does not like 'big crowds'. So, you have to have an empty slot in the party to get him.

Freedom cannot be equated with goodness, virtue, or perfection. Freedom has its own unique self-contained nature; freedom is freedom ? not universal goodness. Any confusion or deliberate equalization of freedom with goodness and excellence is in itself negation of freedom, and acceptance of the path of restraint and enforcement.

Nikolai Berdyaev - Christian Existentialist, Philosopher of Freedom.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#3 Seifer

Seifer

The best Anti-Paladin weapon is a tin opener...!

• 4505 posts

Posted 18 March 2003 - 11:58 AM

I'm asuming that you cant get him with Balthazar right?

how come you always look so damn cool in every photo I see you in?!?

Speaking of modding, I listened to IER 3 yesterday, so you can have another quote for your signature: how come you sound so damn cool, as well as look it? It's unfair. Seriously.

Still a cyberjock, still hacking the matrix, still unsure of what that means.

TeamBG member - http://www.teambg.eu

#4 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 19 March 2003 - 06:39 AM

I'm asuming that you cant get him with Balthazar right?

Yes, you are correct - I had a number of games with Balthazar was waiting inside the pocket plane - works like a charm. You cannot get both Jon and Bodhi though - nuh, not the 'whole family' as it will defy the whole *Redemption* business. ;)

Freedom cannot be equated with goodness, virtue, or perfection. Freedom has its own unique self-contained nature; freedom is freedom ? not universal goodness. Any confusion or deliberate equalization of freedom with goodness and excellence is in itself negation of freedom, and acceptance of the path of restraint and enforcement.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#5 Seifer

Seifer

• 4505 posts

Posted 19 March 2003 - 06:57 AM

So, what are the possible combinations then, in terms of internal or external characters?

Speaking of modding, I listened to IER 3 yesterday, so you can have another quote for your signature: how come you sound so damn cool, as well as look it? It's unfair. Seriously.

#6 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 19 March 2003 - 07:04 AM

You can have anybody you want from regular npcs and mod npcs ( if the mods are WEIDU based) but there should be a slot for Jonny - ie the party must be of 5 or less when entering the ToB. And you can have Balthazar waiting so he will join you upon entering. You cannot be 'evil' and cannot have Bodhi. And you cannot have party of 6 and Jon, since he joins as a 'full party member' not as henchman and npc cannot be dismissed once inside the ToB. These are basic rules.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#7 Seifer

Seifer

• 4505 posts

Posted 19 March 2003 - 07:05 AM

Right, so if I am playing as an elemental death machine, er druid I can have Balthazar and Jon.
I thought that they came as a pair?

#8 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 19 March 2003 - 07:53 AM

Nope. You have to convince each one separately. But you can have both at the same time, they will happily ignore each other. :)

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes