Got a Question?

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#1 MorningGlory

MorningGlory
  • 796 posts

Posted 15 April 2004 - 07:31 AM

Hi, Everyone!

Got a question about fanfic? Got a question just about anything having to do with the fanfic board? Anything else we can help with? We're here for you! That's our job. ;)

And, here is the place to post it. We will try to field your questions and get you the answers you need. And, if you have a question to be directed to a particular Mod, just 'address' it to them here.

Okay! Everyone back into the pool!

Jolyth
Your Friendly Neighborhood Nut

Edited by Shadowhawke, 19 August 2006 - 04:49 AM.

#2 Beyshaliban

Beyshaliban

With A Vengeance

• 738 posts

Posted 16 April 2004 - 09:29 AM

I'm thinking about offering to proofread. How and/or where do I sign up?

B.

#3 MorningGlory

MorningGlory
  • 796 posts

Posted 16 April 2004 - 10:20 AM

I'm thinking about offering to proofread.  How and/or where do I sign up?

B.

Hi, Bey!

Yes, we are putting together a list of wonderfully 'sainted' persons who have volunteered to proofread and beta-read for any writer wishing to have a little assistance in that area. ;)

I will be maintaining a 'list' of both and try to match need with skillz on a case-by-case basis. And, it will all be 'confidential', per se.

Any writer can request assistance, and I will query our proofers, make the 'match' and put them together.

A note to those of you who are intrepid, saintly, and want to do a good deed for your neighbor out there ......

VOLUNTEER! Even if you can only spare a few minutes a week, WE NEED YOUR ABLED-BODY ASSISTANCE!!!

There is no $$ in it for you, but maybe we can get one of our talented artists to add a halo to your avatar!! :P

And those of you who want assistance... PLEASE ASK! That is what we are here for. :D And, to repeat myself -- it is entirely confidential.

Please pm me if you want to volunteer, or if you require assistance. ;)

Thanks, Bey, for asking. :) Okay... everybody back in the pool. :D :D

MG

#4 jcompton

jcompton
  • Modder
  • 492 posts

Posted 24 April 2004 - 08:49 PM

I have a question.

I've heard that you're discouraging people from posting stories on other forums.

Is this true? And if so, why?

#5 MorningGlory

MorningGlory
  • 796 posts

Posted 24 April 2004 - 09:09 PM

I have a question.

I've heard that you're discouraging people from posting stories on other forums.

Is this true? And if so, why?

Hi, Jason....

This does distress me..

May I ask who is the 'accuser' and who is the 'accused'? Would you please pm me with the details and I will pursue it. I can't imagine anyone here purposely discouraging anyone from posting their fanfic whereever they choose.

So, as closely as I can answer your question, I say it is untrue.

MG

#6 jcompton

jcompton
  • Modder
  • 492 posts

Posted 24 April 2004 - 09:24 PM

Wonderful, then.

#7 khay

khay

Swords to Rust, Hearts to Dust

• Modder
  • 1719 posts

Posted 25 April 2004 - 01:50 AM

Take ONE WILD guess who would the accuser be.

#8 MorningGlory

MorningGlory
  • 796 posts

Posted 25 April 2004 - 05:00 AM

Jason and I discussed this privately last evening and it is a non-issue.

As for the perpetrator(s) of unfounded rumor and innuendo, I can only remind them that this little corner of FW is for FanFic, and not ModeratorFiction, or other forms of 'fiction' designed to harm or hurt anyone who participates here. Anyone out there wants to pick on someone -- take it outside.

I would like to feel that our writers and readers alike are 'safe' here from personal and 'artistic' attacks, and I will certainly do all I can do to insure that. It is just hard to do a good job when constantly dodging poisoned arrows, especially from the trees. ;) It really does get old after a very short while.

MG

#9 Kaos

Kaos
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 05:48 PM

Hello to MorningGlory and V-wolf,
I am totally new to this place, and I was wondering how one goes about posting stories, and having them proof-read before hand. I am extremely sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, or if I have violated some sort of posting etiquette.

Signed by the new guy,
Kaos

#10 VigaHrolf

VigaHrolf

God of Paperclips

• 79 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 07:16 PM

Kaos,

VigaHrolf here. First, posting is free to anyone who wants to do so. Unless they want to give me money, in which case, I accept. :) But, as my co-mod is so fond of saying, "Just jump into the pool"

I would add, don't wear cement shoes when you do it. :D

As to proofreading and such, send MG a PM. She's coordinating that effort.

VH

#11 Celestine

Celestine

Elven Maiden

• Modder
  • 4538 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 04:51 AM

Hey MG, VH

I was thinking of re-writing one or all of my past fics, should I post them in a new thread?

#12 MorningGlory

MorningGlory
  • 796 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 05:34 AM

Hey MG, VH

I was thinking of re-writing one or all of my past fics, should I post them in a new thread?

Hi, Celestine! :D

When you get ready to post, let VH or me know, and we will 'delete' the old thread and you start a 'new' one. Then when you have the story completed posted (and it is again a 'finished' story) we will revise the finished stories thread to reflect the new link..

Just send either/or a pm and let us know when you are planning on doing it so we can coordinate it..

And, WONDERFUL! Looking forward to see the new 'stuff'!!! :D :D

MG

#13 Kaos

Kaos
  • 28 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 05:14 PM

VH or MG,
Kaos here again. I believe this is where I sound the "TOTAL NEWBIE" alarm and ask, "What is a PM?" :unsure:
See that emoticon face? Yeah, that's the first time I've every used one of those. I'm currently laughing at myself right now because I'm THAT pathetic.

Anywho, thanks for your first answers.

#14 Celestine

Celestine

Elven Maiden

• Modder
  • 4538 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 05:26 PM

I'm not MG or VH, but then since I read your post and have an answer, might as well shoot it. :P

PM is private message, ie you send a message like you make a new post but only the recipient gets to read it. :)

#15 Kaos

Kaos
  • 28 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 06:17 PM

Celestine,
Thank you kindly. And now that I've looked around the site a little more, I see a button labeled PM. That's what you get when you try to write a message and do homework at the same time!

#16 Seifer

Seifer

The best Anti-Paladin weapon is a tin opener...!

• 4505 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 07:19 PM

I'd like to add here, if there is any concerns over a story and neither of the mods are here, then you can always come to their 'managers' in igi, Andyr and myself for a second opinion.

how come you always look so damn cool in every photo I see you in?!?

Speaking of modding, I listened to IER 3 yesterday, so you can have another quote for your signature: how come you sound so damn cool, as well as look it? It's unfair. Seriously.

Still a cyberjock, still hacking the matrix, still unsure of what that means.

TeamBG member - http://www.teambg.eu

#17 -Notmrt-

-Notmrt-

Posted 21 May 2004 - 11:50 PM

Anyone suicidal enough to prood read my stuff ;)
not that i realy ever write fan fiction but i do like a good divine commedy or
Tale of tension ;)

#18 MorningGlory

MorningGlory
  • 796 posts

Posted 22 May 2004 - 05:41 AM

Anyone suicidal enough to prood read my stuff ;)
not that i realy ever write fan fiction but i do like a good divine commedy or
Tale of tension ;)

Sure... :D I'll set you up with someone.. ;) Er, we usually proofread before we post.. :P :P

MG

#19 -Notmrt-

-Notmrt-

Posted 22 May 2004 - 05:48 AM

it was early i was tierd hehe
:P and i refuse to follow grammer rules ;)

#20 -Notmrt-

-Notmrt-

Posted 22 May 2004 - 05:54 AM

There you go i used my magical gift of a spell checker ;)