• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 Deva

Deva

Possum of the Grotto

• Modder
  • 1378 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 07:34 AM

Ninde is the glacially beautiful and temperamental neutral evil elfin necromancer with a sharp tongue and wit to match. Once touted as magic?s alluring and eligible young ingenue, her fall from grace amidst Waterdeep?s shady wizards cult, The Night Hand, turned her overnight into a figure of notoriety; a murderess. A malevolent enchantress. A wanted woman. She has achieved considerable infamy among the rats, ghosts and cut-throats of Waterdeep?s seedy underbelly, but can Ninde escape her dark reputation, and perhaps more importantly, the uppity northern law enforcers after her head?

In turns manipulative, melancholy, reverent, flirtatious and even downright irritating, you will find Ninde a vexing yet (hopefully) entertaining, talkative and fascinating addition to any party.

Learn to trust her, learn to love her, and maybe you will discover what it is she so meticulously hides from even herself; a heart of gold, or a soul irreparably blackened by boys, booze, black lotus and blacker magic.

Ninde can be found in the catacombs of Athkatla, within Bodhi?s lair. She will join a party of any alignment and composition, and romance a male PC of any race or alignment with an intelligence of 13+.

Biography:
When asked about her past, Ninde rolls her eyes boredly. ?Speaking of the past is so tedious.? She says, with a very vocal and pointed yawn. Despite her initial reluctance, you soon manage to glean a little more information on the enigmatic characters past; Namely, that although she was born in the Elven forest of Cormanthor, she was raised in the Northern Metropolis of Waterdeep, by a wealthy family of human traders, who spared no expense on her magical training. But a life of honesty and toil was not for her, she relates, and to her adoptive families chagrin, she soon began to delve into the darker side of arcane lore. And indeed, whatever shady secrets she unearthed have left their mark on the elf. She is a suprisingly honest and blunt character (often straight-up cruel), with few illusions about the world around her and the people in it. Her eyes tell you more of the tragedy, darkness, and romance of her past then Ninde herself ever would.

Edited by Hishi, 21 June 2007 - 02:49 PM.

Ninde_ad.gif

143450.png176206.png

Click to feed.

Adopted from Valenth

My adoptables > Your adoptables.

#2 Azkyroth

Azkyroth
  • Modder
  • 3496 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 07:33 PM

- Flirtation and eventual nookie with Sarevok.

I assume that's the unredeemed version?

The writing has already been started, but I'll definitely need help with coding if anyone's interested, since after trying and failing outrageously, I've given up any hope of ever learning how to.

Is it a bad sign that every time I read about a mod NPC I start thinking at great length about how Arkalian would react to them?

Whee! Finally made an adeqaute portrait. >< Sort of. I usually hate edited-celebrity type portraits, but I hope this one isn't too obvious?

I'm not recognizing it, but I have a couple nitpicks...mainly, I'm not sure if the outside of the back of the hood, as shown, has enough volume to contain an elven-sized head, unless it's plastered to her skull.

"Tyranny is a quiet thing at first, a prim and proper lady pursing her lips and shaking her head disapprovingly, asking, well what were you doing (wearing that dress, walking home at that hour, expressing those inappropriate thoughts) anyway? It's subtle and insidious, disguised as reasonable precautions which become more and more oppressive over time, until our lives are defined by the things we must avoid. She's easy enough to agree with, after all, she's only trying to help -- and yet she's one of the most dangerous influences we face, because if she prevails, it puts the raping, robbing, axe-wielding madmen of the world in complete control. Eventually they'll barely need to wield a thing, all they'll have to do is leer menacingly and we fall all over ourselves trying to placate them." -godlizard

#3 Deva

Deva

Possum of the Grotto

• Modder
  • 1378 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 05:06 AM

@ Azkyroth:

Yes, unredeemed. Ninde doesn't beleive in redemption anyway. xP

I should imagine it would be very hard to come up with how Arkalian would react to Ninde, since I haven't really sampled her character in any way yet. Suffice to say, from what I've learned about Arkalian, they wouldn't come to blows. (On the other hand, Ninde doesn't come to blows with anyone.)

And you're quite the perfectionist Azkyroth, mm? xD I know the portrait is far from perfect, and I'll work on it a little more when I feel inspired too. Personally, I'm just delighted you didn't instantly recognise who it was. ^^

Thankyou for the comments. <3

Ninde_ad.gif

143450.png176206.png

Click to feed.

Adopted from Valenth

#4 AnnabelleRose

AnnabelleRose

The great pretender... of modding!

• Modder
  • 2083 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 07:41 AM

One of the better concepts and balanced stats.

On a personal note, never a huge fan of evil NPCs or Necromances in BG2 (Someone needs to take the time and add the spells from "The Complete Book of Necromancers - I think the problem is that it would be tough it not impossible too make them "necromancer only" spells.)

Just looking at it from a comcept idea, all and all it looks good.

I look forward to seeing where you go with this.

- The transitioned former modder once known as MTS.

#5 Andyr

Andyr

HERR RASENKOPF

• 2318 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 01:06 PM

On a personal note, never a huge fan of evil NPCs or Necromances in BG2 (Someone needs to take the time and add the spells from "The Complete Book of Necromancers - I think the problem is that it would be tough it not impossible too make them "necromancer only" spells.)

Nope, it is possible...
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

< jcompton > Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

#6 Lord Ernie

Lord Ernie
  • Modder
  • 755 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 01:11 PM

Promising concept, indeed. One thing, though:

The writing has already been started, but I'll definitely need help with coding if anyone's interested, since after trying and failing outrageously, I've given up any hope of ever learning how to.

Help with coding is easy enough to find, really, but a coder is quite something else. Simply coding for a project without creative input is simply not very interesting, and I'd wager you're gonna have a hard time finding one. In other words, you're probably going to have to do most of the coding work for yourself.

Note this is not criticism: I've seen too many promising projects gone down the drain cause the writer in question didn't want to code and couldn't find a coder.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move - Douglas Adams

I like persons better than principles, and I like persons with no principles better than anything else in the world - Oscar Wilde

Give a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. But set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

#7 Deva

Deva

Possum of the Grotto

• Modder
  • 1378 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 07:49 AM

@ MajorTom:

Necromancers seem to be like marmite; people either love them or hate them. They were never my favourite type of spellcaster either, but I thought it was a fitting class considering Ninde's backstory. As to the evil thing, Ninde isn't your typical 'RarrgH! I'm evil!' kind of character. In fact, considering her personality and some of her dialogue, she's comes across more as neutral, but she's still evil... just very discreetly so. xD Thankyou for the kind commentary. <3

@ Lord Ernie:

I know it will be very difficult to find someone willing to code... but if someone was interested, they'd certainly be able to have a hand in the more creative side of things if they wished. There's a lot I haven't really thought out yet. As to me coding, I can just about code up an NPC-NPC banter, and a VERY simple joining/leaving dialogue... nowhere near enough to do this. But! I want to concentrate on the writing side of things before I go a-coder-huntin'.

Ninde_ad.gif

143450.png176206.png

Click to feed.

Adopted from Valenth

#8 Rabain

Rabain

God

• 653 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 01:33 PM

Not liking to fail and always trying to please I have made another stab at the portrait.

I used your portrait above as a reference for the look. I can add tattoo's if thats what you really want!

Attached Images

• winnie2L.jpg

A knight without armour in a savage land...

#9 Minarvia

Minarvia

Wounded Orb

• 856 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 06:32 PM

Not liking to fail and always trying to please I have made another stab at the portrait.

I used your portrait above as a reference for the look. I can add tattoo's if thats what you really want!

Ooohhh, this is nice! :)

#10 Deva

Deva

Possum of the Grotto

• Modder
  • 1378 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 01:48 AM

Ooh! That is nice. ^^ Could you add the tattoo's and change the background and yellow on the hood to a darker colour, if possible? Of course, I could always have a stab at that.

Thanks, Rabain! <3

Edit: I had a go myself, but you could probably do it a lot better. ><

Posted Image

Edited by Hishi, 22 August 2006 - 02:13 AM.

Ninde_ad.gif

143450.png176206.png

Click to feed.

Adopted from Valenth

#11 Rabain

Rabain

God

• 653 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 04:11 AM

I'll have a go later when I'm back at home. Once you're happy I'll send you the high quality bmps.

Just a thought, once her constitution starts falling doesn't that also affect her HP's...she actually die a lot in battle before actually dying as part of the story.

Also will that constitution belt (Fortitude?) stop her from dying (set Con to 18 I think). What about the extra Con gained from Lum the Mads machine...will boost her Con by 1.
A knight without armour in a savage land...

#12 Deva

Deva

Possum of the Grotto

• Modder
  • 1378 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 11:05 AM

You could use Lum's machine to restore her con if needed, but it wouldn't last long. I'm still debating how much her con should fall by, but yes, her HP will steadily fall. Ninde is more of a hang-back-casting character, so with luck, she shouldn't get terribly injured. Besides, she will have a special ability unique to her which I hope *should* get her out of any tricky spots where she might possibly get killed. O.o

And the belt of fortitude only raises CON for a short period... and has a single charge per day, I beleive. Again, it could be used on Ninde, but ultimately, it wouldn't change the fact that her CON is lowering.

(And it shouldn't be a huge problem anyway, I hope - I've played through SoA and ToB with characters with constitutuion as low as 6 before. Sure, you have to be careful, but it's do-able.)

Ninde_ad.gif

143450.png176206.png

Click to feed.

Adopted from Valenth

#13 Ismail

Ismail

Squirrel Pride Worldwide!

• 423 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 11:11 PM

interesting idea. If I'd be a coder... well, yah, if I were the Immortal God-Emperor of the Universe... but I'm not.

But it's looking good. Although personally, I think the first image looks better. The yellow line doesn't really make the robe "cheerier", IMUCO (In My Utterly Correct Opinion :P ), and the tats... they kinda look like ruined make-up.
Lahinguväljal joome, raisk!

#14 Deva

Deva

Possum of the Grotto

• Modder
  • 1378 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 04:48 AM

interesting idea. If I'd be a coder... well, yah, if I were the Immortal God-Emperor of the Universe... but I'm not.

But it's looking good. Although personally, I think the first image looks better. The yellow line doesn't really make the robe "cheerier", IMUCO (In My Utterly Correct Opinion :P ), and the tats... they kinda look like ruined make-up.

Well, firstly, thankyou for the kind feedback. xD

As to the portrait... well, each to their own. The main reason I didn't like the yellow was because it looks waaay too much like an Imoen alternate portrait if she has a black and yellow hood. Also, the tattooes are their because they do have some significant meaning connected with her past.

However, when/if Ninde get's finished, I'd of course offer the non-tats version as an alternate to those who like their women thoroughly tattoo-free. ^^ (Heck, I've made so many different version of the Ninde portrait there'd be one for everybody. Old Ninde, Curious Ninde, Evil Panda Ninde. You name it.)

Oh, and Rabain has done a faaar better job with the tattoos/robe recolouring in a new version of the portrait, with I am not at liberty to reveal. But trust me. It's good. Very good. ^^)

Edited by Hishi, 23 August 2006 - 02:25 PM.

Ninde_ad.gif

143450.png176206.png

Click to feed.

Adopted from Valenth

#15 Ismail

Ismail

Squirrel Pride Worldwide!

• 423 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 12:23 PM

Evil Panda Ninde

Now THAT I gotta see :)
Lahinguväljal joome, raisk!

#16 Pixel Kaiser

Pixel Kaiser

Formerly Tameon the Dragoon

• 1425 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 08:08 PM

Keep up the good work there, Hishi. You know you can contact me on MSN if you ever need assistance.

Perhaps it would be best to start her CON at around 12 if it's going to drop, though? Also, considering she has "illussions" about the world around her, as you say, shouldn't her WIS be at least a few points lower? Just a thought.

Still, it looks great. :D

#17 Deva

Deva

Possum of the Grotto

• Modder
  • 1378 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 01:30 PM

Keep up the good work there, Hishi. You know you can contact me on MSN if you ever need assistance.

Perhaps it would be best to start her CON at around 12 if it's going to drop, though? Also, considering she has "illussions" about the world around her, as you say, shouldn't her WIS be at least a few points lower? Just a thought.

Still, it looks great. :D

Hello there stranger. ^^

Didn't I say 'no illusions'? ^.~

And yes, I was also contemplating having her con a little higher. I have to work out all the math for her, CON-wise.

(And besides, she does need 16 WIS to be a Necromancer. I figured if I broke that little rule lots of people would be shouting at me and stuff. *Quivers*)

And I would contact you on MSN, if you ever were ON MSN. >>

Ninde_ad.gif

143450.png176206.png

Click to feed.

Adopted from Valenth

#18 Grunker

Grunker

Prince Charming

• 1240 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 06:26 AM

I hope this one makes it. A combination of the portrait and the story makes me want her in the game already :)
"I've heard people complain that the game [the new Prince of Persia] is too easy, which seems odd to me, since I died more times than The Nameless One in a smoothie-maker."

- Yahtzee

#19 Deva

Deva

Possum of the Grotto

• Modder
  • 1378 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 10:44 AM

Positive feedback! ^^ Whoop whoop!

Well, the writing is well underway, and after I finish that it's just a matter of me learning to code, or someone offering to do it for me. ^^ Either way, maybe... maybe someday.

Ninde_ad.gif

143450.png176206.png

Click to feed.

Adopted from Valenth

#20 Duroth

Duroth
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 10:52 PM

:woot:

:cheers:

Very intrigued ;) love the idea wishing to see it finished already......IMHO there's not enough evil NPC's in BG2(although this NPC can be "redeemed") Thats where my question comes in, why would an evil/neutral PC "redeem" her to neutral alignment, and why would he/she? ? :unsure: I guess maybee thats part of the story :unsure: ....

:Bow: Duroth :whistling:

Edited by Duroth, 08 September 2006 - 10:09 AM.