Photo

Is the Mod ready yet?

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 Lord God Jinnai

Lord God Jinnai
  • 51 posts

Posted 31 August 2002 - 01:48 PM

Ok, well personally i'm in no rush, although i'd like to see Quitch work on Imoen mod.

You might want to read my Return to Windspear Imoen work first, then you will be in a better position to decide whethere me writing Imoen dialogue is anything worth getting excited about.

Where is it?

#22 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 31 August 2002 - 02:11 PM

Well, since this mod isn't out yet...

#23 INeedTheNetInMyRoom

INeedTheNetInMyRoom

Forum Blabbermouth

• 86 posts

Posted 31 August 2002 - 06:15 PM

You are going to have to be very patient like the rest of us who are not testing.
I'm not crazy... at least thats what those voices I keep hearing tell me.

You say I'm a pyro like its a BAD thing

#24 Lord God Jinnai

Lord God Jinnai
  • 51 posts

Posted 01 September 2002 - 03:49 PM

Like I said, I'm not gonna hold my breath for this mod.

I prob wouldn't care that much if this mod got dropped...not that it doesn't look promising or whatnot. BTW a mod this far along prob won't be dropped like that, but you never know.

#25 Rathwellin the Bard

Rathwellin the Bard

Bloody engine of destruction ... oh, wait. That was my Sorcerer

• 722 posts

Posted 01 September 2002 - 06:01 PM

I would. It's worth it. Just speaking as a beta tester I can say that this is going to be an awesome piece of work when it is done.

#26 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 01 September 2002 - 10:44 PM

Dropped? Not a chance. This isn't a team that will fall apart... nope, every delay is due to features.

#27 Littiz

Littiz
  • Modder
  • 1078 posts

Posted 02 September 2002 - 03:14 AM

I find that ToB need this Mod to improve the challenge and durability.
Being here, how much xp will be added?
Extimated, I mean

The only thing I have AGAINST RtW, is that is blocking the Imoen Mod!!! :angry:

Ever forward, my darling wind...

#28 Cuv

Cuv

Area Maker (retired)

• Modder
  • 925 posts

Posted 02 September 2002 - 03:23 AM

RTW appears to lay alot of the groundwork for the Imoen mod... at least it seems that way to me:) I wouldnt worry about the Imoen Relationship, Quitch has already done alot of work on that.

XP in RTW? Right now its about 3 million XP total. That number is likely to go down a bit during the fine tuning when we remove alot of the extraneous monsters.

No way this mod is getting dropped. Why would anyone think that? It will be released when its complete.

Cuv

#29 Lord God Jinnai

Lord God Jinnai
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 September 2002 - 05:00 AM

I would. It's worth it. Just speaking as a beta tester I can say that this is going to be an awesome piece of work when it is done.

I never said it wasn't going to be good and I'll probably get it when its done, its just that essentially even with all the rp, this is still a dungeon crawl mod and i like something different for a change, espially at this high of a level.

#30 Gospel

Gospel
  • 338 posts

Posted 02 September 2002 - 05:06 AM

I never said it wasn't going to be good and I'll probably get it when its done, its just that essentially even with all the rp, this is still a dungeon crawl mod and i like something different for a change, espially at this high of a level.

Umm... not quite, sir ;_;

If you think it's a dungeon mod because it has a dungeon in it, then BG2 is a dungeon crawler :(
Is kitty :)

#31 -Wolfie-

-Wolfie-

Posted 02 September 2002 - 05:06 AM

Yeah they are not allowed to drop it on pain of me flying out to them and kicking there butts :P

#32 Kylindra

Kylindra
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 September 2002 - 05:07 AM

I doubt they HAVE enough time for the level of rp you are talking about :P That owuld take years. And BG2 is a RP game *shocked*

#33 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 02 September 2002 - 11:20 AM

This mod is going to involve close to 100 000 words of dialogue. If that doesn't give you a chance to role-play...

Anyway, this mod is giving me a chance to write an Imoen sub-plot, which has got to be good, yes? Haven't had any poor remarks on it yet. Not that the Imoen Relationship will be anywhere near as linear as this sub-plot is.

#34 Lord God Jinnai

Lord God Jinnai
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 September 2002 - 01:16 PM

I doubt they HAVE enough time for the level of rp you are talking about :P That owuld take years. And BG2 is a RP game *shocked*

Essentially it should have been if they wanted to port AD&D to computer...not that they didn't handle the combat effectively, but IMO bioware spent too much time on combat...

For high-level campaigns, which ToB is, rping takes and non-dungeon crawl advantures take precidence in PnP AD&D and they should have done so here, but essentially bioware went once again with mainstream and made basically a fighting only game with just enough rp to make a bare bones attempt at rp.

And i would be willing to wate a few years for a descent game like that...i've done it before.

#35 Cuv

Cuv

Area Maker (retired)

• Modder
  • 925 posts

Posted 02 September 2002 - 02:20 PM

when you say "They"... are your referring to Bioware or Us? WE have all the time in the world to add as much roleplay to RTW as we wish:p

Cuv

#36 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 02 September 2002 - 02:30 PM

ToB quite blatently had more RP in its little finger than all of SoA.

#37 Lord God Jinnai

Lord God Jinnai
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 September 2002 - 06:03 PM

ToB quite blatently had more RP in its little finger than all of SoA.

Yes, and they atleast went ahead and did atleast 1 of the things for HLC for the PC.

But I mean seriously, just going up against tougher and tougher people reminds me of DBZ. They needed to put in more variety of quests...they should've have read DM Options: High Level Campaigns.

Maybe I'm just too picky.

#38 -InquisitorOfDoom-

-InquisitorOfDoom-

Posted 20 October 2002 - 10:27 AM

Just curious on a release date is all.

Good luck with the mod, hope its great.

#39 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 20 October 2002 - 11:23 AM

You should know by now that we're the slowest modders ever... that, or feature creep.

Cuv just redesigned the main dungeon, and we're redoing the entire monster placement in it, so...

#40 lennon

lennon
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 November 2002 - 04:20 PM

I too am awaiting this and your next mod.

carry on the good work