Photo

Wrong order of quests by me yet again ? :-/

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jakgrant

jakgrant
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 06:34 AM

I seem to continually do DS and NSotSC quests in the wrong order or screw them up. I've managed to get Lobar back on track by CLUA consoling to get the guy to show up in the Blushing Mermaid.

But my question is, do you know how I am supposed to get the monk who returns to Ulgoth's Beard to tell me where the Black Hand temple is ? Because he won't talk to me again, and I think it might be because I saved him after killing the demon at the end of the Durlag's Tower quest lot and completing all the werewolf island quests.

If I can't do it, I'm not going to worry this run, as I've completed everything else I think, but it seems the remaining quests I have are all linked up, as I basically only have the salamanders, the black hand and a couple of others left.

In future I think I'll just make sure I don't talk to Lobar early on, and free the monk as early as possible.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

J.

I just realised I probably didn't explain the problem I have. Well, I've been to the Salamanders on the North Coast who have told me about the cult. So I've solved Nadalin(sp?) quest, and the Cult's area didn't show up on the world map, and I've done the Northern Citadel, and can't get anything more out of Avery for the moment. I freed Reedrig, but it was after I completed all of the main BG1 and TotSC quests. Given it's said Reedrig opens the area up, even though he and the Ice Salamanders give you the cult quest, is that what my problem is ?

Edited by jakgrant, 25 August 2006 - 08:04 PM.

#2 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 08:08 AM

The monk that you freed will only talk to you if you killed the TotSC demon (in the basement in Ulgoth's Beard) and if you have the document one of the priests in there dropped. It should be the priestess that talks to you when you first enter the basement.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#3 jakgrant

jakgrant
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 01:52 PM

The monk that you freed will only talk to you if you killed the TotSC demon (in the basement in Ulgoth's Beard) and if you have the document one of the priests in there dropped. It should be the priestess that talks to you when you first enter the basement.

Document ? Ahh crap. Don't think I picked anything up. I'll go back and check. But I reckon the items well and truly gone. I've had that much time in the game pass. I killed the demon without too much trouble :) I'll double check and check for a document, if it's not there. I'll just go back and talk to the dukes.

#4 jakgrant

jakgrant
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 02:00 PM

*rolls his eyes*

Okay I'm really really stupid :( Don't you guys agree either :P

The scroll was still on the ground, about a week later of travelling and doing other quests. I remembered picking it up, but then I musta dropped it, cos I didn't think it was important.

Thanks SBB, now I can finish kicking everything's butt before going back to the Dukes :D