TES4 Oblivion Fanart

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 03:45 PM

As I've really started drawing Oblivion fanart, I though I might as well show them off here. Aside from boring player character drawings I've made these two, and have more coming.

Captain Hieronymus Lex with PC (bosmer rogue), during one the Thieves guild quests.
"I swear, that's what I saw in her cupboard. You can go and see it for yourself."

After the battle of Kvatch, the PC finally has time to find Martin.
"Um... hi, I'm looking for Brother Martin.."
I figured that as Martin is a priest, he'd be comforting the others down at the camp and helping them out, hence the crying lady.

Feedback most welcome!

Ilmatar's portraits for the Baldur's Gate series ¤ | ¤ | ¤ Ahem. Ilmatar =/= Ilmater. ¤ | ¤ | ¤ deviantART gallery
Grunting is a perfectly acceptable reaction to being struck with a blunt instrument. -berelinde
And, just out of curiosity, my dear, what *are* you wearing? :D - Tempest to me.

#2 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 06:09 AM

One new piece. This is also during a Thieves Guild quest. PC is at Dynari Amnis's house to see Methredhel.

Hrormir's Icestaff
PC is the one holding the staff, Dynari is the one standing and Methredhel is sitting down. Dynari and Methredhel looked very similar ingame, both with dark hair and the same armor, so I decided to draw them different kind of armors and took some artistic liberties otherwise too. :D

Edited by Ilmatar, 14 September 2006 - 06:10 AM.

Ilmatar's portraits for the Baldur's Gate series ¤ | ¤ | ¤ Ahem. Ilmatar =/= Ilmater. ¤ | ¤ | ¤ deviantART gallery
Grunting is a perfectly acceptable reaction to being struck with a blunt instrument. -berelinde
And, just out of curiosity, my dear, what *are* you wearing? :D - Tempest to me.

#3 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 07:59 AM

That's pretty darn good, I could probably draw something too, but it'd take me four hours to get one character right. Ever considered making an Oblivion comic book? :D

#4 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 08:40 AM

That's pretty darn good, I could probably draw something too, but it'd take me four hours to get one character right. Ever considered making an Oblivion comic book? :D

Whoah, that's pretty big. A comic? A comic BOOK? :D No, I haven't considered it, but I have considered short comics of interesting/emotional dialogues, for example, or important moments or meetings. Actually I almost made a comic instead of a full coloured drawing of PC's and Martin's first meeting.

#5 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 08:57 AM

Whoah, that's pretty big. A comic? A comic BOOK? :D No, I haven't considered it, but I have considered short comics of interesting/emotional dialogues, for example, or important moments or meetings. Actually I almost made a comic instead of a full coloured drawing of PC's and Martin's first meeting.

That's a start... it'd be interesting to see some of the characters drawn that way in a short comic etc.

#6 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 09:27 AM

That's a start... it'd be interesting to see some of the characters drawn that way in a short comic etc.

Hmm. I'll think about it and see what moments would be good in a short comic. Any suggestions?

#7 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 11:10 AM

Hmm. I'll think about it and see what moments would be good in a short comic. Any suggestions?

Maybe something featuring Lucius Lachance or the late emperor.

#8 DalreïDal

DalreïDal
  • 439 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 02:18 PM

I wish I'd played Oblivion just so I could get a few Ilmatar goodies... :crying:
"I set on this journey trying to understand why has metal been stereotyped, dismissed, and condemned. My answer is this: if, listening to that music, you don't get that overwhelming rush of power that makes the hair stand at the back of your neck, you may never will. But you know what, it doesn't really matter. Because, judging from the 40 000 people around me, we're doing just fine without ya." :) Cheers! And two horns up for metalheads all around the world!

#9 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 05:12 AM

New one!

Martin is so busy with trying to save the world that his tea's gone cold.

Photoshop 7, as usual. I'm thinking of fixing a couple of things in this piece, though.

#10 Sidhe

Sidhe

Unseelie

• 142 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 01:24 PM

NOTHING is important enough to let one's tea get cold!

I love your art :)
And he said:

Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding. Even as the stone of the fruit must break, that its heart may stand in the sun, so you must know pain.

~Kahlil Gibran
The Prophet

#11 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 08:58 AM

Looks great. :)

#12 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 08:26 AM

Ooh, my old topic was still here!

The Shivering Isles seriously rocks, let me tell you that. The game inspired me to paint a portrait of the ruler of the Isles, the Madgod, Sheogorath. The details in his outfit DROVE ME INSANE, which is only fitting, of course. We ARE talking about the daedric prince of Madness, here. :D Still, the embroidery and his gauntlets could always look better, but in the end I just wanted to get this done and out of the way so I sort of hurried them.

For those who are not familiar with him, here's a quick screencap of him.

Attached Images

• sheogorath.jpg

Edited by Ilmatar, 16 April 2007 - 08:28 AM.

#13 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 08:56 AM

Wow! Amazingly good! :)

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#14 Galsic

Galsic

Nominal Member

• 384 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 09:04 PM

Wow! Amazingly good! :)

Agreed! Looks like you toned down his lips somewhat in your version, too. That's a good thing, as far as I'm concerned :) .
(I like parentheses.)

#15 SConrad

SConrad

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 09:08 PM

I too really like the detail of the clothes, and the eyes are just wicked! The hair looks very nice, also! :)

It's at times like this I wish I could draw. :(

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#16 Jazhara7

Jazhara7
  • 715 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 03:56 AM

Ooh, my old topic was still here!

The Shivering Isles seriously rocks, let me tell you that. The game inspired me to paint a portrait of the ruler of the Isles, the Madgod, Sheogorath. The details in his outfit DROVE ME INSANE, which is only fitting, of course. We ARE talking about the daedric prince of Madness, here. :D Still, the embroidery and his gauntlets could always look better, but in the end I just wanted to get this done and out of the way so I sort of hurried them.

For those who are not familiar with him, here's a quick screencap of him.

Oooh, It's Ol' Shoggie! He was always my favourite (what with being quite mad myself.), and he looks great. I love it!

I always thought his design was at juxtaposition with his domain (though actually, I like his design quite a lot, and the fact that it contradicts his actions), especially the old version with green, orderly waistcoat. I hadn't seen that new design yet, but I have to say, those patterns add quite a lot.

I really have to play Oblivion. But I'm still not completely finished with Morrowind and the expansions (I finished the main quest of Morrowind in record time, but am currently trying to do as many side quests as possible before moving on to the expansions. And then there's all those mods of course).

- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Hey, are you hungry?

I Hate Elminster!
(proud member of the We Hate Elminster club)

#17 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 01:36 AM

Ilmatar, as I look at that picture, I can only wonder you talents, but there is something wrong with his eye, specifically his right, our left side eye, it isn't blue, red, ah blue, yes, blue it must be,red. :devil:

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#18 SConrad

SConrad

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 04:51 PM

Ilmatar, as I look at that picture, I can only wonder you talents, but there is something wrong with his eye, specifically his right, our left side eye, it isn't blue, red, ah blue, yes, blue it must be,red. :devil:

I don't think there's anything wrong with the eye. :)

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#19 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 12:06 AM

I don't think there's anything wrong with the eye. :)

I didn't actually even get what was wrong with the eye, but I think that was Jarno's aim anyway. :D You confuuuuuse us, man.

#20 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 12:18 AM

I can see it - in his right eye (our view), there's a slight extra line on the bottom which stands out a little. I wouldn't call it a mistake, but I can see what he means, I think.