Another whine for help - Re: Jahiera in Cloakwood

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kuddles

kuddles
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 04:57 PM

Hey there,

Playing through BG for the second time, first in years, and now I'm stuck.

I'm doing the sidequest in Cloakwood, the one that I'm pretty sure you can only complete with Jahiera, because it involves the shadow druids, but I could be wrong.

Spoilers from here one in...

After rescuing Beador, I'm told to go back to the treehouse to save Maretha. I do so, fight some bad druids, then....nothing. I can't find Maretha. Am I mistaken on where to go next? I've already killed the guy hanging out on the second floor of the tree before rescuing Beador, could that be a problem?

Just want to know if it's a bug/script problem (I'm playing with BGT, if that helps) or if I'm just overlooking a minor detail. I've tried finding the solution, but I can't even find a walkthrough that even mentions this quest.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by kuddles, 14 September 2006 - 04:58 PM.

#2 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 12:55 AM

this is a known issues with the BG1NPC Project mod. at the point yr at, the best thing to do is open the CLUA Console (i'm hoping you know how to do this) and do a

SetGlobal("X#JaheiraSen","GLOBAL",20)

(or if you don't know how to use the CLUA Console, open a sved game in ShadowKeeper, and alter the value of the global X#JaheiraSen to 20). make these changes whilst yr outside the treehouse, and then when you enter, Maretha should be there.

if you want to skip the quest completely, do a

SetGlobal("X#JaheiraSen","GLOBAL",30)

and Jaheira will suggest you return to Seniyad and give him the the 'good news' (ie, that you saved Beador and Maretha).

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#3 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 15 September 2006 - 11:19 AM

Thanks, I'll try this out when I get home from work.

So this quest was part of the BG1NPC project? I guess that's why I couldn't find any reference for it, and I never completed the game with Jahiera in it.

More harrassment while I have your attention: I've also been having a problem with Minsc in this exact same area. After entering Cloakwood Four and saving Beador, he either constantly and continously goes into dialogue mode, or acts as if he is, forcing me to drop him from the party. Do you have an idea of what is going on there? Sorry for being a hassle but my scripting skills are rudimentary at best so I'm not sure how to fix this.

#4 -Ragnall-

-Ragnall-

Posted 29 July 2009 - 06:01 PM

this is a known issues with the BG1NPC Project mod. at the point yr at, the best thing to do is open the CLUA Console (i'm hoping you know how to do this) and do a

SetGlobal("X#JaheiraSen","GLOBAL",20)

(or if you don't know how to use the CLUA Console, open a sved game in ShadowKeeper, and alter the value of the global X#JaheiraSen to 20). make these changes whilst yr outside the treehouse, and then when you enter, Maretha should be there.

if you want to skip the quest completely, do a

SetGlobal("X#JaheiraSen","GLOBAL",30)

and Jaheira will suggest you return to Seniyad and give him the the 'good news' (ie, that you saved Beador and Maretha).

I dont see any X#JaheiraSen in my saved game (using ShadowKeeper). There are other X#Jaheria... but no with "Sen" ;/
The same for console in the game.

Anyone ?

#5 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 07:24 PM

This topic is a few years old. You're probably better off getting help in the mod's proper forum, where it looks like you've already posted. Also, make sure you're doing the quest properly as per the walkthrough.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#6 -Ragnall-

-Ragnall-

Posted 05 August 2009 - 03:41 AM

Thanks