Photo

Bugs found in RoTerror

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#41 Radagast-The-Brown

Radagast-The-Brown
  • 252 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 08:12 AM

Some minor but persistant bugs that I encountered till now in my megainstall-Rot bug list. (Rot along with BP 1.77 installed though...)

:
1.Rot Warrior Arena south pit bug : all the party becomes unselectable thus the warrior in arena can do nothing but sit and die. Also the ranged-pcs of the party attack the enemy in the arena through AI scripts, though they shouldn't.(Disabling AI fixes it).A minor fix to make the warrior selectable for the fight was to delete code lines with "unselectable" from all the area bcs script.

2. After the talavan castle quest ( I got the Olmar's castle as a reward) the "Guardians" in the whole Olmar's castle got their name "changed" and screwed up and they are named "You leave the torch as it is for now" instead of "guardians".

3. The way both arena fights are coded, either mage arena fights or warrior arena fights, it is "forbidden" for ANY NON-bioware non-rot npc char to participate in the arenas. This means that ONLY the main char and the bioware npcs are able to do arena fights... Npcs from ALL mods ( except the Rot ones) are just unlucky :( Wish it could be fixed some day by changing the bcs code.

4.Drizzt boots grant permanent haste/attacks (imbalances/cheesy) and his 2weaponstyle stars are 5 instead of 3 which is useless.

5.Yvonne the arena-mage has no solutions at all for invisibility like spells used by the arena player.She just sits and waits for many rounds.

6.Cadderly cutscene bug. Seen the fix in some threads. Some times it works, some times it doesn't as it seems.

Thats all for now.
Ignorance Is Bliss

#42 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 04:35 PM

4.Drizzt boots grant permanent haste/attacks (imbalances/cheesy) and his 2weaponstyle stars are 5 instead of 3 which is useless.

The boots thing, if correct, doesn't seem to help Drizzt in my game. With a 20 Dex, he still misses almost as much as he hits.

The stars thing I think is by design. Being the best darn dual-weapon scimitar slinger in the west, he's supposed to have 5 stars. But remember when he and Wulfgar first appear in Waukeen's Promenade, he says that he feels weaker... So, no 5-star advantage. My guess, anyway.

#43 Radagast-The-Brown

Radagast-The-Brown
  • 252 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 01:24 AM

The boots thing, if correct, doesn't seem to help Drizzt in my game. With a 20 Dex, he still misses almost as much as he hits.

I wasn't clear. The boots grant him extra 1/2 attacks per round on the beginning. On higher levels this can reach as much as 1 extra attack per round. U can easily check that's its the same as the haste spell if u try and cast haste on the party. As u will see he will get no extra attacks or something like that. What do u mean he still misses a lot? He is low level of course he misses! Thac0 has nothing to do with haste. Thaco has to do with levels and strength. What has dexterity got to do with anything???Dexterity is pure armor class for him nothing else.

The stars thing I think is by design. Being the best darn dual-weapon scimitar slinger in the west, he's supposed to have 5 stars. But remember when he and Wulfgar first appear in Waukeen's Promenade, he says that he feels weaker... So, no 5-star advantage. My guess, anyway.

I never said that he does "earn" anything by having 5 stars. He earns completely nothing. It's the same as having 3 stars which is the max. So why bother and make it 5? It's easier to bug the game with 5 stars then complying to the game rules and just having 3.

Edited by Radagast-The-Brown, 16 September 2007 - 01:25 AM.

Ignorance Is Bliss

#44 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 08:26 AM

Hey Radagast, you haven't had your coffee and cigarette yet? Calm down.

Yeah, I was wrong about the Dex thing. Should have said he still gets hit a lot.
Those boots do say "Drizzt's Boots", so...
Still, the extra attacks don't seem to really give any help to him, at least in my game.

Yes, he has earned 5stars. Hello, read my statement again! Doesn't matter if he can only use 3 stars in the game -- in "real life" he's a 5-star hero.

#45 Radagast-The-Brown

Radagast-The-Brown
  • 252 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 09:28 AM

Yeah, I was wrong about the Dex thing. Should have said he still gets hit a lot.
Still, the extra attacks don't seem to really give any help to him, at least in my game.

Sorry not your fault kinda pissed that we lost from Spain for so few points in Eurobasket (we could have been to the finals :( ) ^^ :(

As for the extra attacks they do make a huge difference believe me cause he is practically the strongest warrior in the game when he gets strength from a belt (cause he also has insane ac) and with the number of attacks it's just nuts. ( You'll see it perhaps in higher levels.

Yes, he has earned 5stars. Hello, read my statement again! Doesn't matter if he can only use 3 stars in the game -- in "real life" he's a 5-star hero.

A bug is a bug that's what I meant nothing more. It's still a mistake so... I agree that in "reallife" he deserves 5 stars in every single weapon in the game but that has nothing to do with "drizzt" in bg2 :P

Sry anyway Azazello

Rad
Ignorance Is Bliss

#46 -Al-

-Al-

Posted 03 November 2007 - 01:22 PM

Sorry not your fault kinda pissed that we lost from Spain for so few points in Eurobasket (we could have been to the finals :( ) ^^ :(

As for the extra attacks they do make a huge difference believe me cause he is practically the strongest warrior in the game when he gets strength from a belt (cause he also has insane ac) and with the number of attacks it's just nuts. ( You'll see it perhaps in higher levels.

A bug is a bug that's what I meant nothing more. It's still a mistake so... I agree that in "reallife" he deserves 5 stars in every single weapon in the game but that has nothing to do with "drizzt" in bg2 :P

Sry anyway Azazello

Rad

The 5 stars in two-handed weapon fighting eliminate all penalties on the left hand (if you'd have 3 stars, you'd have a -4 penalty to THAC0).

A problem I found in my game (aside from the game freezing in the Spirit Soaring) is that the Dragon's Armor can't be created - could anyone send me the .ITM file, please? Thanks in advance.

#47 -Al.-

-Al.-

Posted 07 November 2007 - 09:41 AM

A couple of other problems I found within the game:

-It is very often that my game crashes when trying to access the Brundor smithy. I could get in, occasionally, but I guess it all depends on the mood of my PC. The first time I tried playing the game (before I got to the Spirit Soaring and had to do the game all over again as to make the fix work, which I still don't know if it has, since I haven't got there yet), I could easily fix this by accessing the smithy via CLUAConsole. Now that doesn't work, either. Anyone have a solution for this?

Also, I finished the Quest For An Eye Of God - got to say, excellent quest, the most challenging I've met in any Forgotten Realms game, official or unofficial. :cheers: However, at the same time, this was the most bugged quest of the game so far. This is what I found, that I remember of (WARNING, SPOILERS AHEAD):

-The tablets dissapear from your inventory when their respective guardians are summonned - the idea is that they drop it once they die, yet the first two tablets were never dropped. I solved this using "CLUAConsole:CreateItem("TABL1"/"TABL2")", but I thought I should mention it anyways, so that you might correct it.

-"Hero" scroll: The scroll says the spell is to summon a Shadow Samurai to fight by your side, but when you do summon the creature, it fights you. <_< And, besides, even if that was the point all along, once you kill it, it only give you 1000 XP and no items and trinklets whatsoever. (double <_< ) Just thought you could do something about it...

-Spells backfire: While fighting the main baddie (forgot his name, now), after turning into the slayer, I had cast in some occasions "Dragon's Breath", in which instead of affecting the bad guys, it knocked unconcious and damaged my own characters. Any idea why that happenned?

-Saphire Golems, belonging to the upright thunderbolt's summoning thing, spawn per second unendlessly. :wacko: I actually have a couple of amusing screenshots about that case on my other computer, which I might post later on. There is an easy solution to this problem, which involves not killing the wizard spawned in the upright corner. He's not that powerful anyways, so it shouldn't bug you (and he dies once the baddie turns into a dragon, anyways, so who cares? :whistling: ). Anyways, that was seriously annoying, when it did happen.

-Character dies during the fireworks right when you kill the dragon, although only if you stand close to the centre of the room (you know, where you have that altar thing).

Well, I think that's it, though I'm sure there were some others around. Hope it was useful. :cheers:

#48 snepp

snepp
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 02:42 AM

The 5 stars in two-handed weapon fighting eliminate all penalties on the left hand (if you'd have 3 stars, you'd have a -4 penalty to THAC0).

Actually, if you have 3 stars you have a -2 penalty to the off-hand.

Here's where I noticed a problem in my game. I thought Drizzt's Thac0 was way too high for having grand mastery and full two weapon fighting. The 5 stars in two weapon fighting wasn't reducing the penalty, it was setting the penalties at 0 star levels (-4 and -8).

When I edited his two weapon fighting proficiency down to 3 using SK his penalties then became the appropriate 0 and -2.

Before edit (5 in two weapon, using 2 normal scimitars)
Base Thac0 8
Mainhand 12
Offhand 16

After edit (3 in two weapon, using 2 normal scimitars)
Base Thac0 8
Mainhand 8
Offhand 10

Edited by snepp, 22 November 2007 - 02:46 AM.

#49 -Al-

-Al-

Posted 27 November 2007 - 03:29 AM

Actually, if you have 3 stars you have a -2 penalty to the off-hand.

Here's where I noticed a problem in my game. I thought Drizzt's Thac0 was way too high for having grand mastery and full two weapon fighting. The 5 stars in two weapon fighting wasn't reducing the penalty, it was setting the penalties at 0 star levels (-4 and -8).

When I edited his two weapon fighting proficiency down to 3 using SK his penalties then became the appropriate 0 and -2.

Before edit (5 in two weapon, using 2 normal scimitars)
Base Thac0 8
Mainhand 12
Offhand 16

After edit (3 in two weapon, using 2 normal scimitars)
Base Thac0 8
Mainhand 8
Offhand 10

Oops, sorry! Silly me. :mellow:

Yeah, now that I see, the same problem happens here:

Base Thac0: -1
Mainhand: -13 (Water's Talon +4)
Offhand: -11 (The Marauder Of Souls +6)

Whereas, with Water's Talon alone I'd have a Thac0 -17.

<_<

Anyways, regarding this, I've also encountered a problem with the Marauder Of Souls: it's very often that multiple Fireballs and Cones Of Cold are cast, and having 8 of these go out simultaneously kinda also kills all of my enemies along with my thief, my cleric and, most important, my main character (a wizard, hence not too much stamina, see...). I guess the question goes more by the lines of these 8 or so fireballs being intentional or a glitch. Anyone knows?

#50 aurabral

aurabral
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 09:29 AM

hi to all

I found this mod some time ago and i thing it's amazing but i am a litle disappointed about Drizzit, he heve a serios bug .This is not Drizzit "the original" it's a fake one,he atacks like a drogy but dont hit anything, the 5 star on the "two weapon style" dosn't give him enny bonuses, absolute nothing. i make a small modification with the ShadowKeeper,here is mai results:

drizzt level 12 (normal scimitars,)
5 star :
main hand thaco 9
off hand thaco 13
weapon style bonuses: nothing

3 star :
main hand thaco 5
off hand thaco 7
weapon style bonuses:
main hand thaco 0
off hand thaco -2

a 4 star slot on the two weapon style bonuses wil looke like this:
main hand thaco -2
off hand thaco -0

and a 5 star slot on the two weapon style bonuses wil luk like this:
main hand thaco -4
off hand thaco -2

i have try to fix this problem with NearInfinity but in vain, this problem is byond my power and a realy want to play with the 5 star
Enny idea ? :crying:

ps:sory for my english

Edited by aurabral, 27 November 2007 - 09:48 AM.

#51 snepp

snepp
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 09:34 PM

Wow aurabral, you really want to make Drizzt ridiculous don't you? :blink:

The easiest way to do what you want to do is to leave his Two Weapon Fighting at 3, and lower his Thac0 by 4 in Shadowkeeper. You may need to redo it every time he levels up though. I can't remember if a character's base Thac0 resets itself.

#52 aurabral

aurabral
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 03:08 AM

Wow aurabral, you really want to make Drizzt ridiculous don't you?

like i said before, wen i lay eyes on this mod i was very enthusiastic "waw drizzt in my party" but then all i see was some pathetic madman.I dont want to make Drizzt ridiculous i want him to be "real"

"You may need to redo it every time he levels up"

from what you tell me i believe this is not "the easiest way" after all, also in my game i made a new kit,some barbarian ho also can achieve the 5 star,so figure it out, i need to resolve this drawback straight and right.

#53 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 06:56 AM

Wow aurabral, you really want to make Drizzt ridiculous don't you?

like i said before, wen i lay eyes on this mod i was very enthusiastic "waw drizzt in my party" but then all i see was some pathetic madman.I dont want to make Drizzt ridiculous i want him to be "real"

"You may need to redo it every time he levels up"

from what you tell me i believe this is not "the easiest way" after all, also in my game i made a new kit,some barbarian ho also can achieve the 5 star,so figure it out, i need to resolve this drawback straight and right.

Try comparing the RoT Drizzt.cre to the Drizzt.cre in DrizztSaga. See what the differences are.

It takes a village...

#54 Locran

Locran
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 03:19 PM

Has there came up any fix for the arena? Would be fun to participate sometime and acctually being able to control my character..

#55 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 05:32 PM

Has there came up any fix for the arena? Would be fun to participate sometime and acctually being able to control my character..

You will run into that "Blue Circle" thing a lot in RoT. Here is some help:
Arena
Look at "Radagast fixed it here" post in the bug thread
Drizzt final fight with Entreri

It sounds a lot more complicated than it is and you will need Near Infinity here:
http://www.idi.ntnu....i/download.html

Good Luck!

Edited by Hoppy, 04 December 2007 - 05:36 PM.

?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#56 Locran

Locran
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 04:20 AM

I want to play with my main character, so that didn't help :(

great that there's a fix that's not too hard for a noob like me regarding the drizzt/entreri fight!

But, what will I need near infinity for? : o

#57 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 07:45 AM

I want to play with my main character, so that didn't help :(

great that there's a fix that's not too hard for a noob like me regarding the drizzt/entreri fight!

But, what will I need near infinity for? : o

Near Infinity is needed to edit the game files that are causing the issue
Action Override(MakePlayerUnselectable) in the arena and final fight.
Those files are BCS and can be found using Near Infinity, changed and recompiled to change the scripting of the area in question.
Azazello also has a brilliant BCS fix for the Cadderly hanging cut scene which you may need and is in this very thread started by erebusant that we are conversing in right now.

Re:Arena-Time consuming but worth it to go through ALL OF RA4300.BCS and delete any of the lines(usually 6 in a row) that say make player unselectable. When you do the fight, just turn off party AI so your party members don't send magic missiles from the crowd. :devil: and whomever you selected to fight will be in the gladiator ring (Fighter classes only). The same process although shorter may have to be done for RA4301 BCS for the mage competition , too. It is better to load a save before you went to that arena area the "first" time when editing the BCS. In other words it should be still blue in the worldmap.

In all of the areas in question, if you do not do the BCS editing then you get never ending cutscenes, loss of control and all sorts of "not so fun" things

Edited by Hoppy, 05 December 2007 - 07:47 AM.

?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant