Photo

Mega-WeiDU Install Instruction w/ BG2 Fixpack

• Please log in to reply
238 replies to this topic

#21 Rubberduck

Rubberduck
  • 171 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 03:04 AM

I've attached my AR0602.bcs for my install as there still needed to be a few continue()'s added for the RoTerror cutscene and Jon (Mr Happy) to show up in Chateau Irenicus to continue the game.

I've attached my pruned Baldur.bcs with the Hellblade and other wasteful type checks for your use as you desire or not. Cuts baldur.bcs from over 700Kb to approx 260Kb and removes a lot of slight stuttering from my game.

So what is it with those files mentioned above? Where do i have to put 'em and when exactly? Do i need to do any special editing? Wish i knew some of this before cause i installed Dark Ritual and some quests are totally f***** up. Also those restored minor dialogues caused a lot of trouble within my install :angry:

To get one thing straight: I can finish (or begin) all those parts of DSotSc and NTotSC after the transition to bg2? May sound very noobish but i also thought that you should complete them before finishing off Sarevok. I thought it was impossible to go back to those bg1 areas after bg2 started. One never stops learning i guess :huh:

The attached .bcs files just get placed in your override directory at the end of your installation. Just be sure to make a copy of your existing files before you ovewrite them.

The "Restored Minor dialogs" warning has been posted since early July, just after the Fixpack was released. It's always a good idea to return to this thread and check for updates because I try to update the 1st post with any relevant information that comes to light as problems or issues arise.

Okay. But i did not use the fixpack! I used BD 1.5 :blink:

As for the second part of my question any hints (regarding DSotSc and NTotSC)?

#22 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 04:45 AM

I've attached my AR0602.bcs for my install as there still needed to be a few continue()'s added for the RoTerror cutscene and Jon (Mr Happy) to show up in Chateau Irenicus to continue the game.

I've attached my pruned Baldur.bcs with the Hellblade and other wasteful type checks for your use as you desire or not. Cuts baldur.bcs from over 700Kb to approx 260Kb and removes a lot of slight stuttering from my game.

So what is it with those files mentioned above? Where do i have to put 'em and when exactly? Do i need to do any special editing? Wish i knew some of this before cause i installed Dark Ritual and some quests are totally f***** up. Also those restored minor dialogues caused a lot of trouble within my install :angry:

To get one thing straight: I can finish (or begin) all those parts of DSotSc and NTotSC after the transition to bg2? May sound very noobish but i also thought that you should complete them before finishing off Sarevok. I thought it was impossible to go back to those bg1 areas after bg2 started. One never stops learning i guess :huh:

The attached .bcs files just get placed in your override directory at the end of your installation. Just be sure to make a copy of your existing files before you ovewrite them.

The "Restored Minor dialogs" warning has been posted since early July, just after the Fixpack was released. It's always a good idea to return to this thread and check for updates because I try to update the 1st post with any relevant information that comes to light as problems or issues arise.

Okay. But i did not use the fixpack! I used BD 1.5 :blink:

As for the second part of my question any hints (regarding DSotSc and NTotSC)?

I believe you need to complete DS & NTotSC before transition. You should be able to do this even after killing Sarevok because you are still required to go back and speak with Belt in the Duchal Palace for the transition to occur. That being said, I've never tried going back to the BGT areas once a transition has been completed. I'm not certain if they are still accessible on your Worldmap or not. It would all depend on whether there is a link from the BG2 areas to the BG1 areas. I know the transition hides the Ulcaster School on your map.

It takes a village...

#23 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 06:11 AM

I believe you need to complete DS & NTotSC before transition. You should be able to do this even after killing Sarevok because you are still required to go back and speak with Belt in the Duchal Palace for the transition to occur. That being said, I've never tried going back to the BGT areas once a transition has been completed. I'm not certain if they are still accessible on your Worldmap or not. It would all depend on whether there is a link from the BG2 areas to the BG1 areas. I know the transition hides the Ulcaster School on your map.

once you transition there's no going back to BG1 areas without the CLUAConsole (with the partial exception of NEJ2) - all BG1-related quests have to be completed whilst yr playing BG1 (and likewise, all SOA quests have to be completed prior to transitioning to TOB).

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#24 rebelst

rebelst
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 08:35 AM

I'll give it a try. Last time I tried to play BG2 (a while back), I recall NEJ having some sort of animation conflict with CtB... has that error since been corrected, or should I still be on the lookout for it?

it certainly hasn't been fixed, and it's quite possibly been made worse with the new NEJv6.7.

Huh. So how were people able to get the mega-install working using the old set of instructions? Or did it never work completely for anyone?

#25 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 08:45 AM

Huh. So how were people able to get the mega-install working using the old set of instructions? Or did it never work completely for anyone?

no, no. the mega-install is quite stable and relatively straightforward to get up and running. the incompatibility between NEJ2 4.2 and CtB is that a small number of creatures use the wrong animation - driders and wights, from memory, share an animation: so one of them will look stupid (but will still work).

in NEJ2 6.7, there are other animation conflicts (some of which may cause CTDs - but i don't know this for sure) ; plus a bunch of other files common to mega-install mods (and most other mods) have been customised for NEJ2 - so installing NEJ2 6.7 will break all these other mods (or vice versa, depending on installl order).

with NEJ2 4.2 and Ctb however, all yr facing is a couple of monsters looking daft.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling

#26 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 12 October 2006 - 09:25 AM

To bad a patch cant be worked out to make those corrections so NEJ can still fit after everything is stable It is an enjoyable mod

#27 sadun

sadun
  • 122 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 06:28 AM

[size="2"] [BPv177/TDD/BAF/BPTOLMAG.BAF] PARSE ERROR at line 474 column 27-27 

Near Text: )

[HaveSpell] argument [COM_CATS_GRACE] not found in [Spell.IDS]

[BPv177/TDD/BAF/BPTOLMAG.BAF] PARSE ERROR at line 480 column 32-32

[Spell] argument [COM_CATS_GRACE] not found in [Spell.IDS]

[/size]

I have this old error when i trying to instalkl core component of BP. This was supposed to solved by BPv1.77. Is there a way to resolve this without reinstall

#28 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 07:11 AM

[size="2"] [BPv177/TDD/BAF/BPTOLMAG.BAF] PARSE ERROR at line 474 column 27-27 

[HaveSpell] argument [COM_CATS_GRACE] not found in [Spell.IDS]

[BPv177/TDD/BAF/BPTOLMAG.BAF] PARSE ERROR at line 480 column 32-32

[Spell] argument [COM_CATS_GRACE] not found in [Spell.IDS]

[/size]

I have this old error when i trying to instalkl core component of BP. This was supposed to solved by BPv1.77. Is there a way to resolve this without reinstall

Edit your Spell.ids file to add the line:

2227 COM_CATS_GRACE

and you should be fine. If it's not in your override directory, you'll probably need Near Infinity to do it.

It takes a village...

#29 Hazel-Ra

Hazel-Ra
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 05:28 AM

I'd like to play Mega-Mod Install of BG2, but not BGT only BigPicture and with NEJ2 installed. Should I install NEJ right after ToB patch and before BG2 Fixpack Beta4 or just after Fixpack, but before other mods?

#30 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 05:38 AM

I'd like to play Mega-Mod Install of BG2, but not BGT only BigPicture and with NEJ2 installed. Should I install NEJ right after ToB patch and before BG2 Fixpack Beta4 or just after Fixpack, but before other mods?

NEJ2 is NOT compatible with the BG2 Fixpack mega-install at this time.

It takes a village...

#31 Hazel-Ra

Hazel-Ra
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 05:54 AM

NEJ2 is NOT compatible with the BG2 Fixpack mega-install at this time.

Thanx
So - if I wanted to play NEJ - I should use Baldurdash 1.6? Or maybe former versions of G3FixPack were compatible with NEJ?
Another question: reading your attached file with instructions I found something like "PreBPOverBiff" and "BPEndBiff" routines. What is it and how should it be performed? My override folder from my last instalation was over 200MB - I guess it should be "Biffed" - but how???
And lastly - also in your attached file steps 7 & 8 are referred to BG2 Fixpack Beta3, but step 41 is about Setup ? BG2 Fixpack - should they be installed both?

#32 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 06:15 AM

Step 7 and 8 just copy the fixpack to the right directory, step 41 installs it. It is the same fixpack in all the steps.

NeJ is best played alone and if you do play it then the author makes BD1.6 weidu required, it wont even install with the G3 fixpacks without some .tp2 tweaking.

ronin

#33 Hazel-Ra

Hazel-Ra
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 06:22 AM

Step 7 and 8 just copy the fixpack to the right directory, step 41 installs it. It is the same fixpack in all the steps.

ronin

Yeah, I'd just seen it and tried to edit my post, but you were faster. :D

I like NEJ because of kits for Imoen and Jaheira and mainly because of great Melora... But I can live without it.

Edited by Hazel-Ra, 18 October 2006 - 06:25 AM.

#34 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 06:35 AM

So - if I wanted to play NEJ - I should use Baldurdash 1.6? Or maybe former versions of G3FixPack were compatible with NEJ?

oh, the joy of non-standard fixes...

if you want to play NEJ with BP, you must use NEJ2v4.2 and patch v6.02. you can use either BD-weidu 1.5 or the Fixpack (in whatever the version it is currently released in).

if you want to play NEJ2v6.8, you have to use BD-weidu v1.6; but BP is not compatible with NEJ2v6.8; nor is BP compatible with BD-weidu v1.6.

as for biffing: you only need to biff manually (some mods have auto-biffing routines, i'm not referring to these) if a: yr override folder is very large (ie, over 1GB); b: you are experiencing lag in-game; and c: you know that the lag is being caused by the over-large override folder. unless yr game satisfies all three conditions, you don't need to biff anything manually.

Edited by seanas, 18 October 2006 - 06:37 AM.

#35 Hazel-Ra

Hazel-Ra
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 06:58 AM

oh, the joy of non-standard fixes...

if you want to play NEJ with BP, you must use NEJ2v4.2 and patch v6.02. you can use either BD-weidu 1.5 or the Fixpack (in whatever the version it is currently released in).

if you want to play NEJ2v6.8, you have to use BD-weidu v1.6; but BP is not compatible with NEJ2v6.8; nor is BP compatible with BD-weidu v1.6.

as for biffing: you only need to biff manually (some mods have auto-biffing routines, i'm not referring to these) if a: yr override folder is very large (ie, over 1GB); b: you are experiencing lag in-game; and c: you know that the lag is being caused by the over-large override folder. unless yr game satisfies all three conditions, you don't need to biff anything manually.

thanx
I want to play NEJ (and many more) with BP and I know it should be former version with NEJ2Biffer made by Horred. But I'm not sure it NEJ should be installed before FixPack4 or just after it - I guess either BD or FixPack is always first.
Thanx for biffing explanation, now I see I don't need it.

#36 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 07:48 AM

I want to play NEJ (and many more) with BP and I know it should be former version with NEJ2Biffer made by Horred. But I'm not sure it NEJ should be installed before FixPack4 or just after it - I guess either BD or FixPack is always first.

in theory, it shouldn't matter where you install BD-weidu 1.5 or the Fixpack - they're both written so that they patch rather than replace files, so they can go after a mod if you think that mod (eg, NEJ2) might have issues with the changes made by BD-weidu 1.5/ Fixpack. on the other hand; because they're written i nsuch a way as to patch rather than replace files, you'd be hard pressed to make a mod that broke if installed after BD-weidu 1.5/ Fixpack.

#37 CamDawg

CamDawg

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 08:17 AM

seanas is right that, in theory, it shouldn't matter. However, there are really two big reasons why Fixpack (or fixpacks in general) should go early--if not right after the official patch--in the install order: a) players are used to it, having installed old skool BD in that order and b) mods that clone resources inherit their fixed or buggy state.

For example, Divine Remix creates some of its spells by copying existing spells into new ones. If DR were to install before Fixpack, it might clone bugged spells--bugs that Fixpack's subsequent installation would not fix. If FP went before, then DR would be cloning bug-free resources.

Edited by CamDawg, 18 October 2006 - 08:18 AM.

Why is this Hypnotoad video so popu... ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.
____
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

#38 Hazel-Ra

Hazel-Ra
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 08:43 AM

:wacko:
thanx guys
so I'll install FixPack first

#39 sadun

sadun
  • 122 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 11:03 AM

Btw, Why this install doesnt include BG1NPC and other bgt-weidu mods that ascension published do they have incompatibility?

#40 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 11:15 AM

Btw, Why this install doesnt include BG1NPC and other bgt-weidu mods that ascension published do they have incompatibility?

They work its just the author of this thread choose not to install them. If you install them put them where it says to put all other mods, before BP if I'm not mistaken.

I've used them before and had no problems with them. mulgore and indira that is.

ronin