BG2 Hasted ennemies

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 -younes-

-younes-

Posted 07 October 2006 - 03:17 PM

Hi, I've stated the BG2 part of my Mega install and I have noticed something interesting: some of the ennnemies seem to be hasted, or at least, move must faster than any of my characters. I have noticed that with the Trolls of the Denarise Keep, the werewolf illusions in the circus and some other creatures too. Is it normal?
Also, I have encountered an unkillable Troll in the Denarise Keep that appears in the entrance of the Hold once I lower the bridge and go back in. How do I kill him? I tried to ignore him and take the stairs to the second level but he follows me. Can I edit some creature file with Near Infinity to have him dies or even not spawn at all?

thanks

#2 Gort

Gort
  • Validating
  • 614 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 04:53 PM

you can include him in your party and then expel.

#3 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 08 October 2006 - 02:12 AM

Hi, I've stated the BG2 part of my Mega install and I have noticed something interesting: some of the ennnemies seem to be hasted, or at least, move must faster than any of my characters. I have noticed that with the Trolls of the Denarise Keep, the werewolf illusions in the circus and some other creatures too. Is it normal?

yes, it's normal. some creatures move a lot faster than humans - trolls and werewolves beng good examples.

Also, I have encountered an unkillable Troll in the Denarise Keep that appears in the entrance of the Hold once I lower the bridge and go back in. How do I kill him? I tried to ignore him and take the stairs to the second level but he follows me. Can I edit some creature file with Near Infinity to have him dies or even not spawn at all?

i've never noticed that troll to be unkillable. still, all trolls can behave funkily - if you hit them when their script that removes their unkillable ring kicks in, they, err, can never be killed. a good rule of thumb is ti do a Ctrl-R on the troll in question: Ctrl-R heals any creature to max hp, clears all effects (including helpful ones) and resets scripts: so Ctrl-R, then kill him again. it should work a treat.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#4 -Younes-

-Younes-

Posted 08 October 2006 - 07:44 AM

yes, it's normal. some creatures move a lot faster than humans - trolls and werewolves beng good examples.

i've never noticed that troll to be unkillable. still, all trolls can behave funkily - if you hit them when their script that removes their unkillable ring kicks in, they, err, can never be killed. a good rule of thumb is ti do a Ctrl-R on the troll in question: Ctrl-R heals any creature to max hp, clears all effects (including helpful ones) and resets scripts: so Ctrl-R, then kill him again. it should work a treat.

Ok I'll try the CTRL-R solution. How do I do it? Have the cursor on the creature and CTRL-R, or through the Cluaconsole?

#5 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 08 October 2006 - 08:00 AM

put your cursor over the creature and hit CTRL+R on the keyboard. Works on PC and NPC's also but can kill romances that way.

ronin

#6 -younes-

-younes-

Posted 08 October 2006 - 08:32 AM

put your cursor over the creature and hit CTRL+R on the keyboard. Works on PC and NPC's also but can kill romances that way.

ronin

Nop, It doesn't work. Hitting CTRL+R with the cursor on the creature resets it to full health but new damage doesn't put it it its "weak" mode. Now the Troll named ThorGal is also exhibiting the weird behavior. I'm stuck!
Any other suggestion? :(

#7 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 04:38 AM

do you have BG2Fixpack installed? as far as i remember there was a bug with unkillable trolls in Fixpack or Tweakpack but new version should have it fixed

#8 -younes-

-younes-

Posted 09 October 2006 - 06:35 AM

do you have BG2Fixpack installed? as far as i remember there was a bug with unkillable trolls in Fixpack or Tweakpack but new version should have it fixed

Yep, I have the BG2 Fixpack beta 2 installed. If I want to install the new fixpack, do I need to redo my mega install from scratch of just install on the config I have now. Will my saves games still be playable?

My weidu lod:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #100 // Party Gets XP for Sending Keldorn to Reconcile With Maria
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #101 // Improved Spell Animations
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #103 // Mixed-Use Dagger Fixes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #104 // Ghreyfain's Holy Symbol Fixes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #105 // Additional Hero Quests in Trademeet Wait Until Hero is Officially Named
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #106 // Giants Receive Penalties When Attacking Halflings, Dwarves, and Gnomes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #107 // Remove Dual-Classing Restriction from Archers and Stalkers
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #108 // Remove Second Attribute Bonus for Evil Path in Wrath Hell Trial
~SETUP-SOS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Shadows Over Soubar, v1.11
~SETUP-SOS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Remorhaz walking speed adjustment (for ENGLISH version .EXE ONLY!!!)
~SETUP-TDD.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Darkest Day, v1.11
~SETUP-TDD.TP2~ #0 #1 // TDD Character Kits
~SETUP-CTB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Check The Bodies, v1.8
~SETUP-CTB-CHORES.TP2~ #0 #0 // Candlekeep Chores, v2.0
~SETUP-TS-BP.TP2~ #0 #0 // TORTURED SOULS v6.07 (BP Compatible Version)
~SETUP-BGT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Core 1.01
~SETUP-DSOTSC.TP2~ #0 #0 // DSotSC for BGT-Weidu v1.85 Mod
~SETUP-NTOTSC.TP2~ #0 #0 // NTotSC for BGT-Weidu v1.45 Mod
~SETUP-BONEHILL.TP2~ #0 #0 // Bone Hill Mod v2.05 (Requires BGT-Weidu or Tutu)
~1STMOD/SETUP-1STMOD.TP2~ #0 #0 // 1St Mod. Correct IDS, Scriptable Spells, and similar beneficious stuff.
~BG1NPC_PORTRAIT_PACK/BG1NPC_PORTRAIT_PACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Copy all portraits for use by player characters
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Kidnapping of Boo by Cliffette
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #1 // The Suna Seni/Valygar Relationship
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #2 // Kalah and What He Was Promised
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #3 // "Cat and Mouse" (Bodhi hunts you in Spellhold) by Ghreyfain
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #4 // Gorje Hilldark and the Extended Illithium Quest
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #5 // The Pai'Na/Spider's Bane Quest
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #6 // Restored Crooked Crane Inn
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #7 // Restored Encounters
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #8 // Artemis Entreri in Bodhi's Lair
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #9 // Corrected "Xzar's Creations"
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #10 // Restored Hell Minions, by SimDing0
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #11 // Gorf the Squisher Fix, by Gebhard Blucher
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #12 // Item Restorations
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #13 // Yoshimo's Original Portrait
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #14 // Anomen's Original Portrait
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #15 // NPC Portrait Restorations
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #16 // Corrected BAMs and Scripts
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #17 // Corrected Character Names and Biographies
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #19 // Restored Bhaalspawn Powers, by David Gaider
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #20 // Extended ToB Item Descriptions
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #21 // Throne of Bhaal Minor Restorations
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #22 // Justifier Kit
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #23 // Feralan Kit
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #24 // Sarevok's Remorse
~SETUP-SIRINESCALL.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Lure of the Sirine's Call
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #0 // Big Picture AI/Enhancement Mod, version 177 weidu (beta)
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #1 // Improved Suldanessallar
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #2 // Improved Spellhold
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #3 // Wand of Orcus Add-In
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #4 // Improved Small Teeth Pass, by Kensai Ryu
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #5 // Improved Kangaxx Encounter, by Kensai Ryu
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #6 // Kensai Ryu's Improved Crypt King
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #7 // Kensai Ryu's Gnome Fighter/Illusionist in the Docks
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #8 // Improved Random Encounters, by Gebhard Blucher and Kensai Ryu
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #9 // Gebhard Blucher's Lich in the Docks
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #10 // Red Badge, Poison-Based Encounter, by Westley Weimer
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #11 // Kuroisan the Acid Kensai, by Westley Weimer
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #12 // The Ritual, by Westley Weimer
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #13 // Improved Xvart Village, for BGT-weidu
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #15 // Ascension for BP
~SETUP-LONGERROAD.TP2~ #0 #0 // Longer Road v 1.5
~SETUP-LONGERROAD.TP2~ #0 #2 // Restore Irenicus's original portrait from SoA.
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Eldoth reminds of Skie's ransom
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #1 // Angelo notices Shar-teel
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Finishable Kagain caravan quest
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #3 // Tougher Sarevok and Semaj
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #5 // Druid/Ranger-responsive bears in BG1
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #6 // Happy patch: NPCs cannot choose to leave the party
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #7 // Import more items into Shadows of Amn (WARNING: This can be considered a cheat)
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #9 // Random activated traps in the pirate cave -> Game-time randomisation
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #10 // Bags of the Sword Coast
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #11 // Altered spawns -> TuTu-style levelled spawns
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #13 // Arkion reacts to player's reputation
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #14 // Coran responds to the death of a wyvern
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #15 // More bandit scalps
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #16 // Remove item shattering
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #17 // Hooded unarmoured mages and thieves
~SETUP-CELESTIALS.TP2~ #0 #0 // PnP Celestials
~SETUP-XPMOD.TP2~ #0 #6 // Locks, Traps and Spells XP Reduction -> Reduce to 25%
~SETUP-XPMOD.TP2~ #0 #9 // Quest XP Reduction -> Reduce to 75%
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #30 // Change Nalia's Avatar to Thief
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #40 // Change Viconia's Skin Color to Dark Blue
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2020 // Two-Handed Bastard Swords
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2030 // Two-Handed Katanas
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2060 // Weapon Styles for All
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2070 // Druids Use Cleric Level and Spell Progression
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2120 // Allow Arcane Spellcasting in Heavy Armor
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2130 // Alter Item Descriptions for 'Allow Arcane Spellcasting in Armor' Component
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2140 // Expanded Dual-Class Options
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2150 // Wear Multiple Protection Items -> P&P Restrictions
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2160 // Rebalanced Weapon Proficiencies
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2200 // Multi-Class Grand Mastery (Weimer)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2210 // True Grand Mastery (Baldurdash)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3170 // No Drow Avatars On Party In Underdark
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Weapon Animation Tweaks
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #70 // Icewind Dale Casting Graphics (Andyr)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #100 // Commoners Use Drab Colors
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #110 // Icon Improvements
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #120 // Change Avatar When Wearing Robes or Armor (Galactygon)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // More Interjections
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1020 // Alter HP Triggers for NPC Wounded Dialogues
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1070 // Improved Kick-out Dialogues
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Add Bags of Holding
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1090 // Exotic Item Pack
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1120 // Stores Sell Higher Stacks of Items
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1150 // Shapeshifter Rebalancing
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1160 // Multiple Strongholds (Baldurdash)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1180 // Female Edwina
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3000 // Higher HP on Level Up -> Maximum
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3010 // Maximum HP for NPCs (the bigg) -> For All Creatures in Game
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3020 // Identify All Items
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3031 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells and No Maximum Cap
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Make Bags of Holding Bottomless
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3050 // Remove fatigue from restoration spells
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3060 // Remove "You Must Gather Your Party..." Sound (Weimer)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3080 // Unlimited Ammo Stacking
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3090 // Unlimited Gem and Jewelry Stacking
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3100 // Unlimited Potion Stacking
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3110 // Unlimited Scroll Stacking
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3150 // Turn Off The Hideous Cloak-of-Mirroring and Spell-Trap Animation
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3160 // Keep Drizzt's Loot, Disable Malchor Harpell
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3190 // Rest Anywhere (Japheth)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3200 // Sellable Staffs, Clubs, and Slings (Icelus)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4010 // Improved Fate Spirit Summoning
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4020 // ToB-Style NPCs
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4031 // Consistent Stats: Edwin -> Use BG2 Values
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4041 // Consistent Stats: Jaheira -> Use BG2 Values
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4050 // Change Jaheira to Neutral Good
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4061 // Consistent Stats: Minsc -> Use BG2 Values
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4071 // Consistent Stats: Viconia -> Use BG2 Values
~SETUP-REFINEMENTS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Revised High Level Abilities
~SETUP-REFINEMENTS.TP2~ #0 #20 // "SwashImoen" -> "SwashImoen", full revision (suggested)
~SETUP-REFINEMENTS.TP2~ #0 #30 // Shapeshifting fix -> Heal on shifting back to human (Default)
~SETUP-REFINEMENTS.TP2~ #0 #40 // Universal lesser mage robes
~SETUP-REFINEMENTS.TP2~ #0 #73 // Revised Armors & Shields. -> Update the descriptions.
~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #0 // Revised worldmap for the Baldur's Gate - including coloured Baldur's Gate map icons -> Installing new Worldmap for use with Mega Modification
~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #3 // Clothmap style map for Throne of Bhaal
// Recently Uninstalled: ~SETUP-GUI.TP2~ #0 #7 // Game Graphical User Interface (GUI) -> "Baldur's Gate Trilogy" (Elminster wielding staff)"
~SETUP-GUI.TP2~ #0 #4 // Game Graphical User Interface (GUI) -> "Tortured Souls"
~SETUP-GUI.TP2~ #0 #5 // "Tortured Souls" - just nice in-game Fonts
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Remove Helmet Animations
~SETUP-TSV609.TP2~ #0 #0 // TORTURED SOULS v6.09 (Patch to TS v6.09)
~SETUP-YACOMOPATCH.TP2~ #0 #0 // Fix CtB XPCap problem (by patching bgmain.exe)

thanks

#9 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 10 October 2006 - 12:32 AM

i'm pretty sure that reinstalling will mess your savegame, so try to fix it manually somehow. For example you can take Thorgal in party, then unequip this buggy item (if it is unremovable, you can use Shadowkeeper), and than kill the bastard right in group!)

#10 -Younes-

-Younes-

Posted 10 October 2006 - 05:57 AM

i'm pretty sure that reinstalling will mess your savegame, so try to fix it manually somehow. For example you can take Thorgal in party, then unequip this buggy item (if it is unremovable, you can use Shadowkeeper), and than kill the bastard right in group!)

How do you take Thorgal in the Party?? He is a troll ennemy that attacks me in the Denarise Hold just after he finishes his dialog? About what buggy item to unequip are you talking about? :huh:

#11 Gort

Gort
  • Validating
  • 614 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 06:37 AM

cheat, man

#12 younes

younes
  • 68 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 11:04 AM

cheat, man

And how may I do it if you don't mind explaining? :blink:

#13 Gort

Gort
  • Validating
  • 614 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 11:20 AM

don't you know baldur's cheats?
CTRL-Q joins any creature, CTRL-Y kills almost all

Edited by Gort, 10 October 2006 - 11:21 AM.

#14 GeN1e

GeN1e

A very GAR character

• Modder
  • 1604 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 11:23 AM

You can also use command CLUAConsole:CreateItem("scrl9y") to create Shapechange scroll. By using mindflayer form you can drain troll's intelligence to zero and kill it.

Retired from modding.

#15 younes

younes
  • 68 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 11:54 AM

You can also use command CLUAConsole:CreateItem("scrl9y") to create Shapechange scroll. By using mindflayer form you can drain troll's intelligence to zero and kill it.

Bless youy brother!! :cheers:
The mindflayer form does kill the "unkillable" trolls! The other cheats suggested "Ctrk-Y" don't work. It seems like something is broken in the Health points loops, but draining the intelligence does result in a kill!

Thank you very much :Bow:

#16 Nedrah

Nedrah
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 04:44 AM

Bless youy brother!! :cheers:
The mindflayer form does kill the "unkillable" trolls! The other cheats suggested "Ctrk-Y" don't work. It seems like something is broken in the Health points loops, but draining the intelligence does result in a kill!

Thank you very much :Bow:

Hey, sorry for reviving this, but I do have the same problem.
ctrl+y won't kill Thorgal, he can even go to negative health values without actually dying. Recruiting him won't help, either. The CLUA command only results in a syntax error, something to do with an expression not found and stacks. I can post my weidu-log if that's of any help - but are there any other ways to make the troll actually die?

#17 maximus2001

maximus2001
  • 525 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 08:38 AM

Make sure you type it in exactly as it says, or try all capital letters - eg "SCRL9Y". I just used it myself on Tolgerias the unkillable mage and it worked.

#18 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 08:41 AM

Well, the previous posts already reported that Cntrl-Y doesn't work.

If you can't Cntrl-Q - what exactly do you mean "Recruiting him won't help", do you mean it doesn't work? - or summon 'sclr9y' then something is wrong with your installation. The scroll is in vanilla BG2.

Do you have the line 'Debug Mode=1' in your baldur.ini ?

#19 Nedrah

Nedrah
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 11:49 AM

Thanks for the advice.
Turned out I had mistyped "CLUAConsole" as "CLUAconsole".
In my defense, I checked multiple times - it just never occured to me that it might have to be typed in like that.
However, the mind flayer method, while pretty messy imho, actually worked.

#20 -Gary-

-Gary-

Posted 26 August 2007 - 01:22 PM

heh heh. mindflayer. I am very confident that would not have occured to me!

I thought I was going to have to just skip the ending to the De'Arnise hold and then found this thread. Google & this forum are fantastic! found many answers so far and felt I should post at least once to say thanks.

now if someone could just let me know how Drizzt's 5 points in two weapon fighting is supposed to work in Region of Terror... (5 stars just acted like no points at all, so had to drop it down to 3 with shadow keeper)