PRC30e and CEP2 help

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 12:45 AM

I am a NWN newbie, i've had the game since it came out and never played it. Is CEP2 compatible with PRC30e and if so which order do I install them in. When I run the PRCModuleUpdater.exe I dont just see the PRCPack to install I also see a prc_ocfix. Do I need to check both boxes and then select the modules I want the hak installed into or just the PRC Pack check box?

thanks

ronin

#2 Bluenose

Bluenose

The gnome-sage of Ral Worcester

• 1565 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 03:16 AM

I am a NWN newbie, i've had the game since it came out and never played it. Is CEP2 compatible with PRC30e and if so which order do I install them in. When I run the PRCModuleUpdater.exe I dont just see the PRCPack to install I also see a prc_ocfix. Do I need to check both boxes and then select the modules I want the hak installed into or just the PRC Pack check box?

thanks

ronin

There was a merged tlk file with earlier version of the PRC that combined the CEP/PRC tlk files, which you needed if the two were to work together properly. I haven't seen one yet for CEP2, but I haven't been looking. It might work anyway, but you'll need to install the CEP first and the PRC later so that it can try to merge the tlk files automatically.

The prc_ocfix is something you need to make it work properly with the original campaign only, I think it's fine with SoU and HotU and with most modules.

Back from the brink.

Like RPGs? Like Star Wars? Think combining the two would be fun? Read Darths and Droids, and discover the line "Jar Jar, you're a genius".

These, in the day when heaven was falling,
The hour when earth's foundations fled,
Followed their mercenary calling
And took their wages and are dead.

#3 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 04:03 AM

This is what I need or?

http://nwvault.ign.c....Detail&id=6384

I see that i need to use 30f

ronin

#4 Bluenose

Bluenose

• 1565 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 04:26 AM

This is what I need or?

http://nwvault.ign.c....Detail&id=6384

I see that i need to use 30f

ronin

That's the thing. Actually, it looks to have both 30e and 30f files available. And from the first comment some automation in the installation.

Back from the brink.

Like RPGs? Like Star Wars? Think combining the two would be fun? Read Darths and Droids, and discover the line "Jar Jar, you're a genius".

#5 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 04:32 AM

30e is only for cep 1.53 thats why I am going to use 30f for the cep2.

thanks for your help

ronin

#6 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 04:47 AM

Another dumb question. What order do I install the PRC, CEP and Merge in? Or better yet, how do I install it? In the merge .rar there was supposed to be a readme but there is just a hak and tlk.

thanks in advance

ronin

Edited by ronin69hof, 10 October 2006 - 04:49 AM.

#7 pro5

pro5
  • Modder
  • 722 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 07:22 AM

Another dumb question. What order do I install the PRC, CEP and Merge in? Or better yet, how do I install it? In the merge .rar there was supposed to be a readme but there is just a hak and tlk.

thanks in advance

ronin

This is from readme for 3.0e + 1.53, no reason it shouldn't work on 3.0f+2.0:

1. Go to the hakpak selection dialog, in Module options.
2. Add this hakpak to the top of the list. Have the CEP and PRC below it (any of the
two can go first).
3. if prc_consortium.tlk is not the TLK chosen, make it the one.

#8 Bluenose

Bluenose

• 1565 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 07:24 AM

thanks in advance

ronin

The PRC has an installer that should work automatically, so I'd suggest to use that first. The CEP doesn't, so you have to open the module in the editor. From memory I think you need to go to Properties > Content > Custom content and add the components of the CEP manually. Select the HAK packs which start CEP and add them to the list of content, then put the merged CEP/PRC tlk file into the box at the bottom. I think that's the way to do it, but I'm going from memory and haven't actually used it for a while. I'll have a go tonight and check on the exact technique.

Edit:
Ok, you've probably found it but Custom content is at Edit > Module Properties > Custom content tab.

Edited by Bluenose, 11 October 2006 - 01:20 AM.

Back from the brink.

#9 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 12:23 AM

Ok, this is what I did.

Extracted CEP2 and copied all the .erf, .hak and .tlk to the right folders
copied the .hak and .tlk from the merge rar file to the right folders
ran the prc module updater and picked only neverwinter nights original campaign (for now)

is that right? and how do I tell if cep is installed and working right?

when i open the toolset i dont have the option to pick the original campaign, SoU or HoU, did i do something wrong?

ronin

#10 Bluenose

Bluenose

• 1565 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 01:17 AM

Ok, this is what I did.

Extracted CEP2 and copied all the .erf, .hak and .tlk to the right folders
copied the .hak and .tlk from the merge rar file to the right folders
ran the prc module updater and picked only neverwinter nights original campaign (for now)

is that right? and how do I tell if cep is installed and working right?

when i open the toolset i dont have the option to pick the original campaign, SoU or HoU, did i do something wrong?

ronin

In the list that appears when you start the toolset, the official campaigns don't show up. You have to cancel that and go to File > Open and select campaign modules to get them to show up. If they aren't there then I'm not sure what's happening.

You sound as if you've installed all the CEP material correctly. Does this version come with a test module with the CEP installed? If it does, If it does, you can check by starting the game, and selecting that from the Other Mudoles tab. If you start a New Character there should be more options for heads/hairstyles, more costumes, possibly some characters with tails :), and various other character options. If you've got those, you don't even need to start the module to be sure everything is installed correctly.

If you want to check that the PRC went in correctly, start the original campaign prologue and run through to the point where you are awarded experience to take you up a level. You should have a long list of prestige classes, much more than the original games. If they are there then the PRC is installed correctly. Thinking about it with the CEP installed you should have the extra options in character creation, but they won't appear in a module without the CEP installed, so you get headless and sometimes bodiless characters.

Back from the brink.

#11 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 01:55 AM

so far it looks ok but I dont see the original modules when I cancel out the starting screen on the toolset and pick file open. Do I need to rename the original modules or something?

ronin

#12 Bluenose

Bluenose

• 1565 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 02:28 AM

so far it looks ok but I dont see the original modules when I cancel out the starting screen on the toolset and pick file open. Do I need to rename the original modules or something?

ronin

I don't know why they wouldn't show up, since you've obviously got them. You could try a copy and rename of one of them, to see whether they start showing up then. The problem with that is the transition to the next chapter of the campaign won't work normally if you've renamed the other chapters, as it will look for the original chapter name rather than what you've changed to. There's a scripting command StartNewModule that sends your character into the next chapter, but you have to know which script it appears in to be able to edit the module name. There isn't a consistent naming scheme either - sometimes the scripts appear at the end of conversations and have a speaker's name in them, sometimes it's under a name like endmodule. You can get round it in the original campaign by saving your character and starting the next chapter with them, but inHotU you'd run into problems with keeping the right henchmen.

It sounds though as if you've got the CEP and the PRC installed correctly though, yes? At least that's working.

Back from the brink.

#13 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 02:41 AM

it is working, the cep-demo module runs and i have a bunch of new heads in the character screen. starting a normal campaign tho i dont have the new heads but i can see that there are a ton of prestige classes that i can choose from once i have the right requirements. wish i could get cep working in the normal campaigns

thanks for the help

ronin

#14 Bluenose

Bluenose

• 1565 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 03:17 AM

it is working, the cep-demo module runs and i have a bunch of new heads in the character screen. starting a normal campaign tho i dont have the new heads but i can see that there are a ton of prestige classes that i can choose from once i have the right requirements. wish i could get cep working in the normal campaigns

thanks for the help

ronin

My brain just dredged up an old memory. Have you finished the Prelude section from the OC yet? If you do, go back to the editor and try to open it through File > Open. I have a feeling that you can't open files from the original campaign and the expansions in the toolset until you've completed the relevant chapter. There's some codes you can enter in the nwnplayer.ini to get through that - I'll look them up. Once you can open them, you should be able to add the CEP.

Back from the brink.

#15 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 03:55 AM

Ok, i found the little proggie that unlocks the campaign modules. I unlocked the prelude module and now I can select it in the toolset. Question is (you love my questions dont ya) do I add all the CEP .haks to it or is there just 1 that i need to add. I moved the merge hak to the top so far.

ronin

#16 Bluenose

Bluenose

• 1565 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 04:40 AM

Ok, i found the little proggie that unlocks the campaign modules. I unlocked the prelude module and now I can select it in the toolset. Question is (you love my questions dont ya) do I add all the CEP .haks to it or is there just 1 that i need to add. I moved the merge hak to the top so far.

ronin

I think you have to add the CEP-top hak, and it needs to be above any other the other CEP hak files but below the merge hak. The others are optional, with the add# files next, and the core# files after that. The core files need to have core5 above core4 above core3, etc. The ones that affect the PCs appearance are the core1-core4 haks, which add new items, heads, and various creatures and textures. Core5 adds placeables, which you won't see in the OC but might in any module that used the CEP. You may want to load all of the the core hak though, as I'm not sure how they interact with the PRC material and what happens if the merge hak looks for resources that are in a file that isn't there.

Back from the brink.

#17 pro5

pro5
  • Modder
  • 722 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 07:12 AM

Ok, i found the little proggie that unlocks the campaign modules.

Can you give me the link please? I'm having same problem. :)

#18 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 09:43 AM

Here pro5, I attached it cause I cant find it anymore.

ronin

#19 pro5

pro5
  • Modder
  • 722 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 01:34 PM

Ok, thanks!

Now, how do I unlock the official "premium" modules (Kingmaker, Shadowguard, Witch's Wake)? They're also packaged in NWM format and don't show up in toolset or PRC updater...

#20 pro5

pro5
  • Modder
  • 722 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 02:35 PM

Oh, and one more question: do I have to rebuild the campaign modules after adding all those haks in correct order? Or I can skip this and press "Cancel"...

Rebuilding: a) takes a LOT of time, and b) spawns a LOT of error messages in the process (missing resources, compile errors, etc.)