Problems running JZ

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 16 October 2006 - 04:44 PM

JZ seemed to install fine, decompressed the sound files, etc, creatd the 'for the love of god' folder, etc, but I got a message at the end of the weidu install saying the batch file could not be found. I figured it's just something I can ignore since everything seemed to install fine.

Only problem is, I go to the inn and try to transition into the new area, and I can't. I can see there's a door at the se wall of the Seven Vales, but it won't let me transition. Moving the mouse pointer over the doorway doesn't change the pointer to a transitionable icon either. So the door is visible, but it's not transitionable/clicking on it does nothing.

I've also had error messages when uninstalling, related to not being able to find the batch file, although, again it seemed to uninstall without problems.

Sounds like this mod needs to be updated/looked at; perhaps updated versions of weidu are leaving the mod slightly clunky installation wise?

#2 Shed

Shed

-Shed-

• Modder
  • 2636 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 10:16 AM

JZ installs fine on my fresh installation of BG2 (with latest WeiDU or BiggDU). I don't know what you're doing different. Try this:

Open the file baldur.ini with notepad.
Add the line "Debug Mode=1" under "[Program Options]" (without quote marks).
Go into the game and Press Ctrl+Space. A dialogue line should appear at the bottom of the screen.
Enter the following line: CLUAConsole:MoveToArea("ARJZ00")

And tell us if that works :).