Anyway to play SOS, TDD, CTB, and TS with Tactics?

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#41 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 03:49 AM

Well I didn't understand everything in this topic, but in case of an update of Tactics (with new weidu) is still in news, here are some minor bugs I noticed :

a: in ritpont.D file, the string @88 is repeated twice :

/ cute little trick: we'll use a CHAIN to ourselves!
[...]
CHAIN2 RITPONT say_whoare
@86 = @87 = @88 = @88 = @89
END RITPONT main_quest
[...]

b: in setup.tra file, the string @200 is after //, as a commentary.

------------------------------------------

Besides, I made an update and a proofreading of french tra files (adaptation for a PC female, fix some minor mistakes, and 10 more strings translated) and checked it with DialogChecker (thanks to Clan Dlan). So if someone wants to update Tactics, could he please replace the directory "french" please ?

Attached Files

Edited by Graoumf, 27 January 2007 - 03:49 AM.

#42 zodden

zodden
  • 67 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 10:10 PM

The kits can be installed without any changes at all I assume? I mean leaving everything else off but the kits.

#43 Radagast-The-Brown

Radagast-The-Brown
  • 252 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 03:58 PM

I saw this topic and was using the modified great tp2 of Azazello (very nice work m8) for tactics after bp and I was wandering some things.
Since BP has some problems concerning some of the dragons like the red and shadow one, and since the Twisted Rune encounter (staff of the magi!!) as well as the guarded compound fight (for the celestial fury) for example completely suck in everything in the bp version (their AI REALLY sucks like hell tbh and I've seen lots of threads where people agree with that), how come nothing was done to make the versions of tactics in "some" way compatible with bp or at least "Include" these components from tactics in a BP version or perhaps make changes in tp2's or something in order to use these great small mods. I really really wonder how Horred missed these 3 great tactic baby components. Its not really THAT many files so i assume the work needed for it must not be that much if people really want it.
Same goes for "Improved Irenicus" which has been said to be kinda compatible with BP by Horred in an older thread
(everyone knows that it's AI "rocks" and IS really worth it.) Anyone can confirm on that btw?

PS1 : Just a gamer's wish (from many fans really) but truely these components really "Rock"! hence the interest.

PS2 : Since firkraag is uber bugged anyone has any idea if the hard Firkraag mod is compatible with BP and mega installs? and if so when it should be installed? And anyone who has actually tested it?

Edited by Radagast-The-Brown, 31 August 2007 - 06:21 PM.

Ignorance Is Bliss

#44 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 05:06 PM

PS2 : Since firkraag is uber bugged anyone has any idea if the hard Firkraag mod is compatible with BP and mega installs? and if so when it should be installed? And anyone who has actually tested it?

Is that the Super Firkraag mod? I am assuming that if it is installed before BP then the overwriting will happen when BP's components are installed. Maybe after BP?
From the Super Firkraag read me:

II. Installation Instructions

If you want to have Tactics mod installed (www.weidu.org- I heartily recommend it) then it
must be installed before this mod. Generally, Super Firkraag needs to be installed last. It is
compatible with every mod that I'm aware of.

Addendum: My guess is the same process would apply regarding BP and/or Tactics since they would overwrite the individual Firkraag mod with there own additions

Edited by Hoppy, 31 August 2007 - 05:18 PM.

?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#45 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 08:02 PM

Radagast (I love that name), is this really the thread to be posting your junk? Come on man, this stuff has been talked about so much. You could have found a better thread to put this in, or opened a new one so that everyone -- except Hoppy -- could have ignored it.

You don't like how BP does AI, fix it dude. People will flock to your updates, if they're any good.

But don't go busting horred's chops until you've walked a league in his boots. He did some magnificent stuff, bugs be damned. You wanna grouse about BP's failings, that the next thread over.

#46 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 03:31 PM

I just answered one of Radagast's questions because I am a kind, caring, thoughtful individual...

NOT!!! :P
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#47 Radagast-The-Brown

Radagast-The-Brown
  • 252 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 04:36 PM

Radagast (I love that name), is this really the thread to be posting your junk? Come on man, this stuff has been talked about so much. You could have found a better thread to put this in, or opened a new one so that everyone -- except Hoppy -- could have ignored it.

You don't like how BP does AI, fix it dude. People will flock to your updates, if they're any good.

But don't go busting horred's chops until you've walked a league in his boots. He did some magnificent stuff, bugs be damned. You wanna grouse about BP's failings, that the next thread over.

lol ok if you consider it junk I'll just stop posting then I guess....
Ill just give some clarifications first cause u surely misunderstood me...

No I didn't find a better thread to put this in, neither did I see a reason to start a new thread since there was already this one with your great tp2 available.

I never said I don't like BP. Come to think of it, u r saying this to a man that has finished the game at least 3 times with a version of BP installed and I don't know how many times I've played till a point (half of the game or just the game without the expansion) but didn't finish the game ( probably cause the number of bugs was just too many on a megainstall).

Nevertheless I ALWAYS played with BP and 90% of the times I installed EVERY SINGLE mod ressurection that imba Horred had made at the time. So don't boast me about Horred's work cause I really "do" know that he has offered more than many people here and ye I agree he is unique and exceptional in all his work.
Obviously I'm not a programmer to fix this myself, though I'd really like to help in any way I could, but ye I did find these flaws in the game, as many others have too and all we care about is to improve our gameplay so sorry for caring and bringing this issue.

kk?
Ignorance Is Bliss

#48 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 07:17 PM

Radagast (I love that name), we're cool. When I first discovered SHS in its 2004 incarnation I read your posts in threads and you're definitely one of the most dedicated players, and helpful with the comments. So don't think I'm trashing you. Just giving you a hard time for being so down on horred. In retrospect, you've earned the right to finger-wag at horred than most of us on these boards.

#49 Radagast-The-Brown

Radagast-The-Brown
  • 252 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 10:53 AM

Radagast (I love that name), we're cool. When I first discovered SHS in its 2004 incarnation I read your posts in threads and you're definitely one of the most dedicated players, and helpful with the comments. So don't think I'm trashing you. Just giving you a hard time for being so down on horred. In retrospect, you've earned the right to finger-wag at horred than most of us on these boards.

Fine no probs. Sorry if i gave u that impression about Horred but it certainly wasn't my intent, just wanted to point out that noone actually did anything for these specific imba small mod components nothing more. Just wanted to shake a little the mod community/gamers/modders and perhaps make "someone" or "some people" actually spend some time to do something about it and after all improve the gaming experience for us all ^^

PS : I just wish Horred was back just like in the old days ^^ (He seems to have kinda dissappeared in a way these days :( )
Ignorance Is Bliss