Photo

Imoen's voice

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Oldwolf

Oldwolf
  • 141 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 02:01 PM

This is the way it works BG1 + TotSC + official patch and BG2 + ToB + official patch + BG2fixpackV1 then load per the mega install instructions OR BG1 + TotSC + official patch + Balderdash text update for TotSC and BG2 + ToB + official patch + Balderdash text update for TOB + BG2fixpackV1 then install per the mega install instructions. Somehow we were missing either the Balderdash text update for TotSC or the Balderdash text update for TOB. Without both or neither of these loaded the imoen soundset gets corrupted when BGT installs.

regards your post just before this one NO that's part of the fix pack there's a BG2 balderdash text update that I got on the Sorcerers Place website there is a BG1textupdateforbg1totsc there as well as one for BG2tob those are the text updates. If you don't install either of the Balderdash text updates then everything will work fine but if you install the one for BG1 you have to install the one for BG2 or BGT will corrupt the Imoen sound set when it brings BG1 over to merge with BG2. I've got both Text updates by Balderdash installed and have BGT installed now and the sounds are correct.

Edited by Oldwolf, 01 December 2006 - 02:07 PM.

#22 wintermute

wintermute
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 10:22 AM

hey, that worked!! Thanks for figuring that out, I had figured that I was going to have to just suffer with character sounds turned off. I wonder why those text update made the difference. They aren't part of the mega install instructions.

Edited by wintermute, 02 December 2006 - 10:22 AM.

#23 pro5

pro5
  • Modder
  • 722 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 10:53 AM

I have never used BD text update for TotSC; and I haven't used BD text update for ToB ever since first Beta of BG2 Fixpack came out.

Honestly, I usually play with selection/command sounds switched off, but I just checked and Imoen has proper soundset at the start of new BGT game. Again, the only text update I have is BG2 Fixpack GTU.

Say, you didn't forget to patch your BG1 installation per chance? Because that might cause such problems.

Edited by pro5, 02 December 2006 - 10:54 AM.

#24 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 11:48 AM

I can confirm that what pro5 said. BG2Fixpack v1 text updates work fine there is no need to install baldurdash anymore.

ronin

#25 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 04:34 PM

ok, so can i close this thread?

the answer appears to be: this is caused by installing the old BD text update... which no-one should be dong anymore, seeing as how the Fixpack exists. solution is a reinstall using the Fixpack and staying the hell away from the old baldurdash. have i missed anything?

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#26 Oldwolf

Oldwolf
  • 141 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 05:12 AM

Nope you haven't :)