The Dreaded Bugs Thread...

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#61 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 03:55 AM

delete double post

Edited by Sergio, 11 July 2019 - 04:04 AM.

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#62 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 03:55 AM

Thank you!

To answer your question: I reworked the dialogue triggering, so no lovetalks would be "left out" as it happened with the old version. For this one "last" lovetalk, I went over the top and used a variable for triggering which didn't get incremented afterwards so it kept on calling the dialogue (which already happened so it couldn't run again). Will be fixed in 5.3.

#63 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 04:06 AM

Thanks a lot for the heads up.

1) The sword added by mod, named UU'lia moor has a text error.

5% to stop time for 3 seconds on succesful hit

2) May I ask why there are three different folders for the text (on which one is even empty)? do you need to correct text error in both the folders ?

3) Are there supposed to be "special" dialogues inside Suldanesselar from npcs that see fade? Because no npc(s) reacted at all by seeing her.

Edited by Sergio, 11 July 2019 - 09:07 AM.

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#64 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 10:26 AM

Sorry, I do not know the details of the quest. If you post at a more frequented place maybe someone can answer your question (and I don't have to go through the mod files).

#65 Psionica

Psionica
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 04:47 PM

Im finishing up watcher's keep soon. Was wondering where is that soulfire gem? After watchers keep all I have left is Abazigals lair

Psi

"Love" that's a very rare thing, when u find it you better safeguard it. ---Shirley Manson

#66 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 10:19 PM

What soulfire gem?

#67 Psionica

Psionica
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 10:27 PM

What soulfire gem?

It goes with the ring u buy fade for marriage. Cespenar will update the ring with it. I just finished watchers keep and its not anywhere in there. Abazigals lair is all I have left to do in TOB. I already did the part u ask fade to marry u. 

Psi

"Love" that's a very rare thing, when u find it you better safeguard it. ---Shirley Manson

#68 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 11:28 PM

There is another issue I would like to report.

1) There is a dialogue you can do with fade if you click on her

"Fade, I need to talk about our baby"

The issue is thus:
Even if you didn't do the dialogue, the banters that are supposed to follow this banter still appear and Fade herself (and others) make reference to the baby.

I don't even know if this messes up the triggers to be honest. I'm a little scared.Because we talked a lot, and went ahead, then I talked about the baby, basically, I'm not even sure I will be able to keep doing the romance. How do I check if the romance is messed up? I could reload an earlier savegame.  In the end I just reloaded

2) Text issue: https://ibb.co/pL4W3Z9 --> last dialogue .But if *empty space* becomes a god ....
3) Is there any monk you're supposed to bring her?I tried the one in Amkethran with no success.

4) I haven't had any more dialogues with Fade and it all feels so sudden. The last two were about me giving the ring, and me touching her belly to check the kid. Savegame here: http://www.filedropp.../000000171-ring

Edited by Sergio, 12 July 2019 - 08:09 AM.

#69 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 13 July 2019 - 01:07 AM

1. As far as I can see, the pregnancy content works as this: after the night together in ToB, the pregnancy is set (SetGlobal("E3FADEISPREGNANT","GLOBAL",1))

UNLESS you answered her @6041 = ~I don't think children are my thing.~ at some point during this dialogue.

She then tells the player about her pregnancy at some point. After that, there is the PID about the baby available. So, in your game, before seeing the PID about the baby, there should have been a dialogue where Fade tells the PC about being pregnant.

2. Thanks, fixed locally.

3. I don't see anything added to anywhere to seek help with the pregnancy.

4. The lovetalk called internally "final LT" starts with: ~We draw near the end, <CHARNAME>... the end of all of this. On one hand it will be a relief that it is finally all over. On the other hand...~

Babytalks: after touching her bell because the baby moved, there should be another dialogue that starts with

~(With a smile, Fade takes your hand and kisses your cheek.) How are you feeling today, <CHARNAME>?~

If you do the "talk about our baby" PID, there will be one additional dialogue afterwards.

That's all I can find.

#70 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 13 July 2019 - 01:08 AM

Psionica: the soulfire gem was indeed missing in the game. Will be added in the next version.

Spoiler
Item code is "E3Gem.itm".

Thank you for the reports and your interest in the mod!

#71 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 13 July 2019 - 04:40 AM

Good, seems like I finished the mod! Thanks for your support Jastey.

#72 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 13 July 2019 - 04:45 AM

There is an option to widen her armor with the Amkethran smithy, though. ;)

#73 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 13 July 2019 - 05:02 AM

Already done that, but thanks for telling  :P. Above that place I was also ambushed by Utrecht (the mage of Tower of deception) when I rested.

Edited by Sergio, 13 July 2019 - 05:06 AM.

#74 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 13 July 2019 - 05:14 AM

Just for info: there is a variable set for "see midwife", but there is no follow-up. I think it was planned but got skipped / forgotten (or removed?) in the end.

#75 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 14 July 2019 - 02:20 AM

Just for curiosity, I've added the jewel with the cluaconsole (I mean E3Gem.itm)

So, what am I supposed to do with it? 

#76 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 14 July 2019 - 03:27 PM

Cespenar should use it to make the wedding ring.

#77 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 14 July 2019 - 11:29 PM

Well, you can make it, but there is no reaction from Fade. :'(

Thanks for the help. 

#78 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 01:05 AM

That's true.

#79 Yosharian

Yosharian
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 January 2020 - 04:34 AM

Bug report for BG2EE

WEIDU log: https://pastebin.com/17xBWBfq

1. Hire Fade
  2. Ensure Fade is selected
  3. Go to inventory screen
  4. Exit inventory screen
  5. Upon exiting inventory screen, HUD disappears for a moment and camera sort of 'resets', then HUD returns.  Does this every time

Edited by Yosharian, 02 January 2020 - 04:35 AM.

#80 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 02 January 2020 - 11:22 PM

@Yosharian Not saying that I doubt that you are experienceing this, but I'd have absolutely no idea how an NPC mod could cause this to happen.