Valasse - a Dying NPC Mod

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#1 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 11:44 PM

This name may or may not ring a bell with some people here, but I'm still looking for writers to help make this mod a reality.

Basically, in a nutshell, Valasse is found as a little girl, barely 13 or so, in Irenicus dungeon, and in the course of the game she becomes "older" very rapidly, in terms of physical development, even to exceeding the age of the PC. Along the way she develops a romance with the PC, and while some Stats improve as she matures, they also start to deteriorate after a while. She goes through a few other changes as well, class wise, and there is a good reason for this in the backstory (which will be unveiled through the Mod)

Note that while Valasse may appear 13 when joining the party, she is in reality much older than that, so if you're thinking she's a child, and she will stay a child, think again.

Meantime, off the side there will be a race against time to save her, and at the end of the Mod completion, FINALLY a Romance that can stay with you IF you choose to accept the Throne :) So you can have your cake and eat it too.

Edited by Zyraen, 14 December 2006 - 09:05 AM.

kiyos.jpg____btlbn2.gif____kovaS.jpg
Love between a Law Enforcer and a Fugitive - can such a thing even happen?
SoA Release - Overview / Download Links

Zyraen's Miscellaneous Mods - Ust Natha Accelerator, item tweaks, XP caps, The Ub3r Reaver Kit, and much more...
Spellhold Gauntlet - more than just a Spellhold-Be-Gone
Hidden Kits - hidden dual-classed kits with a twist for progression

#2 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 12:27 AM

Basically, in a nutshell, Valasse is found as a little girl, barely 13 or so, in Irenicus dungeon, and in the course of the game she becomes "older" very rapidly. Along the way she develops a romance with the PC

*gulp*

Maybe it is not such a good idea? I mean, thirteen is thirteen, no matter how fast a learner she is.

#3 Azkyroth

Azkyroth
  • Modder
  • 3496 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 12:33 AM

Basically, in a nutshell, Valasse is found as a little girl, barely 13 or so, in Irenicus dungeon, and in the course of the game she becomes "older" very rapidly. Along the way she develops a romance with the PC

*gulp*

Maybe it is not such a good idea? I mean, thirteen is thirteen, no matter how fast a learner she is.

I think he means physical aging.

"Tyranny is a quiet thing at first, a prim and proper lady pursing her lips and shaking her head disapprovingly, asking, well what were you doing (wearing that dress, walking home at that hour, expressing those inappropriate thoughts) anyway? It's subtle and insidious, disguised as reasonable precautions which become more and more oppressive over time, until our lives are defined by the things we must avoid. She's easy enough to agree with, after all, she's only trying to help -- and yet she's one of the most dangerous influences we face, because if she prevails, it puts the raping, robbing, axe-wielding madmen of the world in complete control. Eventually they'll barely need to wield a thing, all they'll have to do is leer menacingly and we fall all over ourselves trying to placate them." -godlizard

#4 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 01:13 AM

I don't think it matters whether she ages fast or learns fast, or both, if it happens within weeks or months, not five or six years. I am still highly uncomfortable with the idea.

#5 Azkyroth

Azkyroth
  • Modder
  • 3496 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 02:14 AM

I don't think it matters whether she ages fast or learns fast, or both, if it happens within weeks or months, not five or six years. I am still highly uncomfortable with the idea.

I'm trying to get my mind around how the passage of chronological time could be more important than physical and mental maturation in determining a person's suitability for a sexual relationship.

"Tyranny is a quiet thing at first, a prim and proper lady pursing her lips and shaking her head disapprovingly, asking, well what were you doing (wearing that dress, walking home at that hour, expressing those inappropriate thoughts) anyway? It's subtle and insidious, disguised as reasonable precautions which become more and more oppressive over time, until our lives are defined by the things we must avoid. She's easy enough to agree with, after all, she's only trying to help -- and yet she's one of the most dangerous influences we face, because if she prevails, it puts the raping, robbing, axe-wielding madmen of the world in complete control. Eventually they'll barely need to wield a thing, all they'll have to do is leer menacingly and we fall all over ourselves trying to placate them." -godlizard

#6 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 03:07 AM

It's all explained in the mod itself, don't worry. It makes sense in context, and I can ASSURE you, nothing untoward will happen at all in the mod, having seen the concept myself.

#7 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 09:57 AM

BTW, though Valasse may appear to be 13 or so in Iren's dungeon, she is far from it. On top of that, yes, nothing untoward happens. She should exceed the PC's physical age during the course of the game, in fact...

Zyraen's Miscellaneous Mods - Ust Natha Accelerator, item tweaks, XP caps, The Ub3r Reaver Kit, and much more...

#8 wellunhappy

wellunhappy
  • 329 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 07:26 AM

This name may or may not ring a bell with some people here, but I'm still looking for writers to help make this mod a reality.

Basically, in a nutshell, Valasse is found as a little girl, barely 13 or so, in Irenicus dungeon, and in the course of the game she becomes "older" very rapidly. Along the way she develops a romance with the PC, and while some Stats improve as she matures, they also start to deteriorate after a while. She goes through a few other changes as well, class wise, and there is a good reason for this in the backstory (which will be unveiled through the Mod)

Meantime, off the side there will be a race against time to save her, and at the end of the Mod completion, FINALLY a Romance that can stay with you IF you choose to accept the Throne :) So you can have your cake and eat it too.

I have to say I agree with your first reply there is something very wrong about this i seriously suggest you re- think this carefully.

#9 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 14 December 2006 - 08:48 AM

You know, sometimes a romance arc swallows the NPC development outside the romance. I think she just might have enough going for her without introducing the less-than-comfortable thoughts. Take River in Serenity, she is slightly creepy (as your NPC will likely end up from what you've said), she is young, and there is no romantic story-line going for her, and it's not lacking at all.

#10 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 08:49 AM

Is there any other info on this NPC?
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#11 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 09:00 AM

I'm afraid I can't say anything that would not be majorly spoiling. As for "Any Other Information", the information that she is not in fact 13 years old when you meet her, should probably be enough to settle the matter. The additional pieces of information that she will mature past even the PC's age should also be enough.

However if both these pieces of information are to be ignored there's not much more to add on the matter, since information does not override emotional prejudice of those who do not process the additional information. If it helps I do not intend any Sex in the mod. I will add the additional information to the Opening Post to prevent further such misunderstandings.

Those who want additional Information and are major staff members on SHS can PM me.

However I am not here asking for hosting for Valasse. I NEED writers to get her off the ground.

Those among Staff here who know her concept to some level of detail are Kaeloree and Sir Kalthorine, if he still remembers what I sent him ages ago.

Edited by Zyraen, 14 December 2006 - 09:06 AM.

#12 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 09:21 AM

I actually meant more, class, race, and similar.
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#13 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 09:28 AM

All following details are not finalised, but this is what is already known.

She appears Human.

Her classes are
1-4 : Mage
5-9 : Mage/Kensai (advancing as single-class Mage)
10-15 : Mage/Kensai (advancing as multi-class)
16-22 : Mage(active) / Kensai(inactive)
22+ : varies (if she is still alive)

Her portraits are
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Her Stats change in the course of the game, and vary as follows
- Stats (start)
Str 5 Dex 16 Con 9 Int 14 Wis 8 Chr 14
- Stats (level 5 - Kensai Class gained)
Str 12 Dex 16 Con 14 Int 14 Wis 8 Chr 14
- Stats (peak)
Str 16 Dex 18 Con 14 Int 18 Wis 10 Chr 14
- Stats (level 20)
Str 11 Dex 15 Con 9 Int 18 Wis 10 Chr 11
- Stats (level 22)
Str 9 Dex 13 Con 7 Int 18 Wis 10 Chr 9
She also gains some negative regeneration rate at higher levels as her death becomes more imminent.

MajorTomSawyer can be contacted for his comments regarding her Stat changes (upwards. the downward versions aren't implemented yet) and how her appearance and class changes.

Edited by Zyraen, 14 December 2006 - 09:36 AM.

#14 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 14 December 2006 - 10:11 AM

I like it..., personally, I think that they are exaggerating about the age of the girlie, especially with the spoiler that she is not thirteen actually.., so, go for it man!.

UNfortunately, I have no skills whatsoever, neither programming or writing.. haha.., but, I'm rooting for you.

#15 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 14 December 2006 - 10:25 AM

Besides, the portraits are great!

#16 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 09:01 AM

So any takers for Romance Writers? Plot writing should be ok, I can manage that.

#17 Jolyth

Jolyth

Feather Boa Wielding Dominatrix

• 2016 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 07:08 PM

Are we thinking the idea like in Star Trek Voyager where that "girl" Looked 24, but was really 2?

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOOHOO! What a Ride!

Some people are like slinkies. They are not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs!!

Dyslexia of Borg: Your ass will be laminated

Solaufein Flirt Pack

3doctors1.gif

#18 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 07:57 PM

More or less, just opposite. If you're interested in finding out more I can PM you some details, but in general it'd be spoiler-ish.

#19 Tate

Tate
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 09:56 PM

I would be interested in helping out with the writing, but I might not be able to dedicate to much time to it, so if you really need some help I can, but you might not want me involved :P

Also, I have very little programming experience. Writing I'm alright with, but as for programming, no.

#20 Jolyth

Jolyth

Feather Boa Wielding Dominatrix

• 2016 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 05:59 AM

More or less, just opposite. If you're interested in finding out more I can PM you some details, but in general it'd be spoiler-ish.

Details would be nice as I am having a very hard time getting past the age issue and would like more information. The spoilerish point does not bother me because I have no intention of ever romancing a 13 year old.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOOHOO! What a Ride!

Some people are like slinkies. They are not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs!!

Dyslexia of Borg: Your ass will be laminated

Solaufein Flirt Pack

3doctors1.gif