• This topic is locked This topic is locked
36 replies to this topic

#21 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 05:29 PM

I'm sorry guys, but I'm going to have to stop your lovely little argument.

This is both sad and disappointing - I would have thought most people would have been able to discuss the topic with a minimum of insults and been able to act like adults, but obviously not.

I personally think its okay that Faerun posted here and at PPG - but also, Faerun, it would have been helpful if you had said that you had posted there and that you hadn't received the help you were needing. If you were confused at PPG (you said there were two contradicting statements) why didn't you do a little investigation on your own and tried it out?

The insults exchanged were not necessary at all, and I'm sure this conversation could have been had without them.

I won't lock the thread, but consider yourselves warned if this continues.

Faerun, you're welcome to stay - but SHS doesn't stand for that sort of behaviour, and neither do any of the modding communities.

Thanks.

#22 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 08:47 PM

Faerun, if you are still here, did you ever get your questions answered to the extent you would like?

It's always a good idea to ask questions on the forum hosting the biggest mod. This isn't so much a question of etiquette as much as available technical expertise. Since your biggest mod is Tutu, you will probably find the most complete, comprehensive help at PPG, where Tutu lives. At SHS, many people prefer BGT, so people here will have a better understanding of the workings of BGT as opposed to Tutu.

Sometimes, it takes a while to get an answer. The playing community is diverse, spread across continents, and probably in just about every time zone, but sometimes the person with the answer you need might not spot your post for hours or even a day or two. Also, the longer the question, the longer it will take to get an answer.

Edited by BGhead, 19 December 2006 - 08:51 PM.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#23 AnnabelleRose

AnnabelleRose

The great pretender... of modding!

• Modder
  • 2083 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 11:27 PM

Errr I haven't received the help I'm looking for. I'm not sure I'm following your point. I'm only allowed to ask questions at one place? That's just foolish and I don't appreciate your pretentious, snide, conceited attitude.

Welcome to IE modding! If you're looking around for places to ask questions, I strongly encourage you to check out the community over at BlackWyrmLair. They are known for their creativity and tolerance, and I'm sure would be more than happy to help you out. Good luck!

Marry Me.

- The transitioned former modder once known as MTS.

#24 GeN1e

GeN1e

A very GAR character

• Modder
  • 1604 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 12:13 AM

Nice thread :) Who's that MPrilla person?

Retired from modding.

#25 Jyzabyl

Jyzabyl

Order of the Radiantly Radiant

• 1468 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 12:24 AM

We are so not going there!!!!
True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing. And in knowing that you know nothing, that makes you the smartest of all. Socrates

Not only are female redheads frequently lovely but theirs is a loveliness that suggests both lust and danger, pleasure and violence, and is, therefore, to the male of the species virtually irresistible. Red O red were the tresses of the original femme fatale. Tom Robbins

The way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Unless you know anthing about anatomy. In that case the way to a man's heart is through his ribs with a meat cleaver. Miss Jyzzy's Guide to Men.

Xtreme Versatility? Xpress Yourself!

#26 AnnabelleRose

AnnabelleRose

• Modder
  • 2083 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 02:11 AM

MPRILA SI TEH GR3AETST MODER AV3R!!!1111 WTF LOL

#27 Jyzabyl

Jyzabyl

Order of the Radiantly Radiant

• 1468 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 02:35 AM

:new_bottom: :new_bottom: :new_bottom:

Guess who just made Santa's naughty list (and Jyzzy's s**t list :P)
True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing. And in knowing that you know nothing, that makes you the smartest of all. Socrates

Not only are female redheads frequently lovely but theirs is a loveliness that suggests both lust and danger, pleasure and violence, and is, therefore, to the male of the species virtually irresistible. Red O red were the tresses of the original femme fatale. Tom Robbins

The way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Unless you know anthing about anatomy. In that case the way to a man's heart is through his ribs with a meat cleaver. Miss Jyzzy's Guide to Men.

Xtreme Versatility? Xpress Yourself!

#28 AnnabelleRose

AnnabelleRose

• Modder
  • 2083 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 02:54 AM

I thought everyone knew I was secretly MPrilla............

(Which explains why my coding never works).

#29 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 03:42 AM

How about you stop hijacking the thread and stay on topic here.

#30 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 03:52 AM

That would be nice - if you guys aren't going to stay on topic (I'd prefer if you left the topic alone, really, but if there's some sensible answers like berelinde/BGHead's that would be lovely) then I'll lock the thread.

#31 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 04:45 AM

However, if that's how you want it, you might just want to consider leaving before we eat you alive and then throw you out on your arse.

Bloody hell Seb - that's about the first time I've ever seen you get annoyed!

-Y-

#32 jcompton

jcompton
  • Modder
  • 492 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 04:00 PM

That's why the whole thing has the air of some sort of ill-conceived holiday publicity stunt. (As though "Studios TC" wasn't enough to inspire head-shaking.)

#33 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 24 December 2006 - 09:12 AM

As a player and as an usual lurker of almost all the communities there is one thing that I can't understand: what is that "hate" business between people here and people at BWL? I'm not saying that SHS and BWL are enemies or something like that, but I've read some bad things here.
Personally, I love SHS and BWL, and whatever the argument between Faerum and SConrad was, it had nothing to do with BWL, so please, to those people, stop trying to create a bad enviroment between communites.
And I have nothing to do with BWL people. I'm Spanish, I don't know anything about modding and I'm not telling that BWL is better or worse than SHS or G3 or CoM or TBG or PPG or SP. They are all great communities with great mods, and great people.
Baldur's Gate is a great part of my life, I've been playing it since It came out and I have a lot of memories related to playing it. Please, stop doing those things.
Sorry if this was off-topic, I couldn't stay quiet anymore.
Happy holidays to all of you people!

#34 Magnus_025

Magnus_025
  • 37 posts

Posted 24 December 2006 - 09:14 AM

Sorry, I was not logged, that was me.
Sincero, muy sincero...Directo, muy directo

#35 SimDing0

SimDing0

GROUP ICON

• 1654 posts

Posted 24 December 2006 - 02:04 PM

What it ultimately comes down to is "I tease people who do silly things". :)
Repeating cycle of pubes / no pubes.

A Comprehensive Listing of IE Mods

#36 --Minotaur--

--Minotaur--

Posted 04 January 2007 - 05:22 PM

I don't post much here these days - but in YOUR case Faerun, I'm a-gonna make an exception.

NOT that SConrad NEEDS any help defending himself, but let me share a lil something with you.

1. NOT ONLY is SConrad an EXCEPTIONAL Mod maker, he will go out of his way to help those of us who are, shall we say, Modding Retarded (I am speaking of MYSELF here, no one else)!

2. NOT ONLY is SConrad an EXCEPTIONAL modder who will go out of his way to help others, he has also been Doing So for quite awhile now and is held in High Regard by Other Great / Exceptional modders here who also have the choice as to whether or not to help You.

3. Those Other Great / Exceptional modders, and SConrad himself don't particularly Need to help you out when you act like an *ssh*le toward them! - It's sort of like kicking your guard dog. You can do it, but it is REALLY not a good idea for reaching your objective.

And one other thing. What is/is not considered rude or otherwise "Correct" is sort of a Majority concept, which means SConrad and others have Earned the Right to make those kinds of choices rather more than someone with Eight posts under their belt.

Now ME? I am STILL retarded Modding wise, though I have Learned over a course of Years just enough to let me get my foot in the door. I have been Helped/Guided/Spoon Fed by MANY of those here and I am INCREDIBLY GRATEFULL to them for taking the time (ANY of their Time) to give me as Much or as little support as they can. - I KNOW it can get frustrating, not long ago someone suggested to me that if I haven't got the hang of things By Now I really ought to find a Coder or get another hobby.

Now, that advise stung, I won't lie to you, but at the same time, the person in question was absolutely right! I have since asked (Begged, pleaded, cajoled) several Other modders (who know what they are doing) Very nicely and respectfully for Their help/support - and you know what? Several of them, after reading my work/outline have agreed to help get the mod done. It is slow going, both because of them having to go back through and check/correct my cr*ppy coding as well as their schedules being full (modding and otherwise) - still and all, I APPREICIATE every bit of time they devote to helping me get my mod off the ground, for I KNOW that They don't HAVE to!

Might want to think it through.

Humble and respectfull to all (or try to be)

Minotaur - Retarded Modder who saught out friends in the know and was glad to get them.

OCTOBER NPC Mod in the works. (Thanks LARGELY to a HOST of Others!!!)

#37 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 06:00 PM

Thanks - thread locked now. :)