• 9198 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 01:54 AM

Done, and in the mod:
  • Iylos' basics (items, cre, bio etc)
  • Joining, leaving & rejoining dialogues
  • 7/7 PC Dialogues
  • All player initiated dialogue including chat & flirt packs
  • All NPC Banter
  • Crossmod Banter (Auren, Kivan, Hubelpot, 1 Nathaniel)
  • Epilogues
  • Happiness/reputation low dialogue
  • 2 major dialogues with Balthazar
  • Coding the Interjections
  • Portrait
  • Soundset
  • Voicing
  • Spawn script
  • Beta testing
To Do:
  • Crossmod Banter (Deheriana, 1 Nathaniel)

#2 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 03:37 AM

Got all the interjections tentatively written, barring the extended Balthazar content! Just got to code them, now :)

#3 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 05:51 PM

Put another dialogue in game, coded one other dialogue. Got a new alpha ready.

#4 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 07:11 PM

Coded 21 interjections, and have another friendship talk halfway completed. Added some more PID options, such as the ability to ask him to talk to you less often. Also added a new section to his script which will change his soundset under certain circumstances.

#5 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 10:12 PM

Getting much closer! Very nice! :)

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#6 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 11:18 PM

Always good to see a mod being done. :) By the way, does it still require Ascension? 'Cause, as far as I remember, last battle in Ascension still is buggy(not to mention some other technical stuff I am not overly fond of), so I'd like not to install it, if at all possible.

#7 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 11:22 PM

What I'm going to do is write two versions of the section concerned, one for Ascension and one for non-Ascension. So, no, it will not. :) But its recommended that you do, because you might miss a little (not a lot, but a little) character development.

#8 Tassadar88

Tassadar88

Templar in Flames

• 1302 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 02:00 AM

Do you think it would be a)possible b)not too difficult c)good, if for the low/high happiness, Iylos would comment on some particular action that would have caused his happiness to increase/decrease? I was thinking along the lines that certain place where you can choose to do things in different ways would set a variable and depending on the action chosen, Iylos would (much later) comment on it, and state it as one of the causes of his (un)/happiness. I think that it could add to the real person feel. How do you feel about it?
The Mind is its own place and in itself - can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven. -John Milton, Paradise lost

#9 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 02:39 AM

Like the idea, but its more of a superfluous addition - not necessary. I'll get all the necessary stuff done first, then I'll think about it :)

#10 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 05:58 PM

Got all but 3 Ascension-dependant interjections coded, and got the final PC dialogue in game.

Getting there!

#11 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 05:26 PM

Got a whole lot done - just the happiness low/high dialogues to go, before a public beta! :D

Woo.

#12 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 11:14 PM

Being my typical self, I decided I wasn't *quite* happy with the way he treated the PC if he liked <PRO_HIMHER>, so I'm adding a few bits and pieces here and there for a PC to who manages to befriend him.

Oh, and I'm rewriting 2 dialogues concerning his, ah, 'quest' of sorts, so that may delay things a little.

Oh! And I've added a few dialogue options to the PID. :D

Sorry for the delay, but I really think these additions and changes are necessary - and I promise, these are the last bits I put in before release! I know I promised to release this a while ago, but I'd rather put time and effort into making it into something I can be proud of, rather than a slap-dash release which doesn't contain everything I would like it to. :)

#13 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 08:34 PM

Got all the writing done! Just a few bits of coding to get out of the way, and the soundset to come in! :D

#14 Celestine

Celestine

Elven Maiden

• Modder
  • 4538 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 06:25 AM

Cool, great job. Looking forward to the beta release. :)

#15 Tassadar88

Tassadar88

Templar in Flames

• 1302 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 08:25 AM

If there is anything in need of proofreading, please, PM me a link (or send it to me by email). I have recently been RL busy, so I do not have much time to visit here, but I am more than willing to stick with Iyolos till he´s done*T

EDIT: BTW-the more fun part of my RL also means a new PC and a few hours ahead of me hopefully spent getting one of those mega installs of BGT - I just cant wait... ;)

Edited by Tassadar88, 10 February 2007 - 08:28 AM.

The Mind is its own place and in itself - can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven. -John Milton, Paradise lost

#16 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 02:58 PM

The voicing is mostly done, it just needs some editing to make it less loud. :) I've decided to make almost everything optional in Iylos, from PID to voicing to the time between talks to changing the amount of talks you *get*, so he fits in with the Bioware NPCs better. If there is anything else anyone can suggest, please do!

If anyone is willing/interested to help me go through his soundset and voicing and remaster it to make it less loud, I would REALLY appreciate the help - it's basically the only reason Iylos isn't released yet, so as soon as his voicing is completed, I can pretty much release him. :) And I'm far too busy to do it myself - or at least all of it!

:wub:

#17 pro5

pro5
  • Modder
  • 722 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 03:07 PM

Adjusting volume is something that can be done pretty easily with most sound editors. Acoustica v4.0 can do it in 3-4 mouse clicks. I've recently acquired this prog and don't mind putting it to some use. :)

Edited by pro5, 09 March 2007 - 03:09 PM.

#18 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 04:45 PM

That would be fantastic - is there an option to do multiple sound files at once? Because there are about 90 files to change the volume in ;)

#19 pro5

pro5
  • Modder
  • 722 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 05:46 PM

Batch-processing isn't supported currently, they promise to add it in v4.1. Still shouldn't take too much effort, I think - unless all your files are terribly unbalanced in level and need personal approach to each. :)

#20 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 05:48 PM

They're all fairly regular. :) Do you have an email address I could send the files to (and is .ogg format fine)?