• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Torvald

Torvald
  • Validating
  • 188 posts

Donator

Posted 21 December 2006 - 11:10 AM

I'm posting this message here, as I've got a Big Picture megamod install of BG2.

Have already gone thru Bodhi's Lair under the graveyard once, then went thru Spellhold, Sahuigan City and then the Underdark. After coming back to the surface, I went to fight Bodhi once more under the graveyard. Bodhi appeared and took away Viconia from my party, and all seemed to go well at first as I fought my way thru the main underground section (Area AR0808). However, whenever I try to go down the stairs to chase Bodhi into the separate Area AR0809, my computer screen goes completely blank and the program locks up. :angry:

Tried using earlier game saves, but that doesn't work; my screen still goes all black when trying to move to Area AR0809. Using the CLUAConsole to move there gives me the same blank screen. Figuring it might be a corrupted AR0809 file I tried to swap out game files, but had no luck. Am not sure I even swapped the correct files, as there are multiple AR0809 files in my BG2 folder. :wall: Can someone please give me a short, simple explanation of what the difference is between files ending in .BCS, .BAF and .ARE?

I finally did a cheese work around fix by completely skipping the final graveyard battle with Bodhi and using Shadow Keeper to give myself the Rynn Lanthorn. That kept Viconia in my party and gave me the critical item (Rynn Lanthorn) needed to advance to Suldenesslar. Hated to skip the final graveyard battle, though, as I'm worried this might break some triggers, global settings, etc. that will prevent me from finishing the game. I would like to at least go thru the main AR0808 underground graveyard area, but don't want to permanently lose Viconia. :wub: Is there a way to bring Viconia back into my party using either the CLUAConsole or ShadowKeeper?

Edited by Torvald, 21 December 2006 - 12:43 PM.

"My wife says I have the body of a God - Buddha!"

#2 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 21 December 2006 - 01:35 PM

I'm posting this message here, as I've got a Big Picture megamod install of BG2.

Have already gone thru Bodhi's Lair under the graveyard once, then went thru Spellhold, Sahuigan City and then the Underdark. After coming back to the surface, I went to fight Bodhi once more under the graveyard. Bodhi appeared and took away Viconia from my party, and all seemed to go well at first as I fought my way thru the main underground section (Area AR0808). However, whenever I try to go down the stairs to chase Bodhi into the separate Area AR0809, my computer screen goes completely blank and the program locks up. :angry:

Tried using earlier game saves, but that doesn't work; my screen still goes all black when trying to move to Area AR0809. Using the CLUAConsole to move there gives me the same blank screen. Figuring it might be a corrupted AR0809 file I tried to swap out game files, but had no luck. Am not sure I even swapped the correct files, as there are multiple AR0809 files in my BG2 folder. :wall: Can someone please give me a short, simple explanation of what the difference is between files ending in .BCS, .BAF and .ARE?

I finally did a cheese work around fix by completely skipping the final graveyard battle with Bodhi and using Shadow Keeper to give myself the Rynn Lanthorn. That kept Viconia in my party and gave me the critical item (Rynn Lanthorn) needed to advance to Suldenesslar. Hated to skip the final graveyard battle, though, as I'm worried this might break some triggers, global settings, etc. that will prevent me from finishing the game. I would like to at least go thru the main AR0808 underground graveyard area, but don't want to permanently lose Viconia. :wub: Is there a way to bring Viconia back into my party using either the CLUAConsole or ShadowKeeper?

Had same problem, was told to delete Bodhi creature file from Overide and all went well after that.

#3 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 21 December 2006 - 01:59 PM

Yep, the solution to this bug is to delete BODHI.CRE from your override folder ... it gets corrupted and causes the crash when you go in to fight Bodhi. Delete that, and then everything should run perfectly.

#4 Miraz

Miraz
  • 138 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 02:00 PM

Yep, the solution to this bug is to delete BODHI.CRE from your override folder ... it gets corrupted and causes the crash when you go in to fight Bodhi. Delete that, and then everything should run perfectly.

^^ I agree with this guy (mainly because he's me when I forgot to log in).

#5 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 02:10 PM

C6Bodhi.cre, in fact. remove it from yr override folder, curse me for not getting BPv178 finished yet, then keep playing.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#6 Torvald

Torvald
  • Validating
  • 188 posts

Donator

Posted 21 December 2006 - 02:23 PM

C6Bodhi.cre, in fact. remove it from yr override folder, curse me for not getting BPv178 finished yet, then keep playing.

Thanks, guys. :)

I'll go delete C6Bodhi.cre from my Override folder when I get home tonight.

#7 Torvald

Torvald
  • Validating
  • 188 posts

Donator

Posted 21 December 2006 - 07:30 PM

Great news! Removing C6Bodhi.cre from my Override folder worked! :cheers:

However, after killing Bodhi & her friends, I'm having trouble getting Viconia's dead body resurrected. I went to the Temple Ruins and placed Bodhi's heart, Viconia's body and the symbol of Amaunator into the arms of the statue, but that did not work. (I read about that somewhere, but don't remember where.) Searched this and some other Forums for hints, but only found some posts about how to resurrect Edwin by using a lock of his hair. :wacko:

Please Help! Could someone please give me some hints on what else I need to do to resurrect Viconia?

#8 Torvald

Torvald
  • Validating
  • 188 posts

Donator

Posted 22 December 2006 - 06:33 PM

Hurray! Found the solution after a bit more trial and error.

It turns out that taking the shortcut of going directly from the graveyard to the shade lords dungeon was a mistake. What finally worked was going step by step, such as talking with the priests in the Temple of Oghma, then talking to the bookseller in the Umar Hills Inn. This caused my journal to update itself, so when I next went to use the Amaunator statue, voila, my precious Viconia :wub: instantly came back from the vampiric dead.

Note to self: Don't get overconfident just because this is my fourth time thru SoA; taking shortcuts is risky. :doh: