Photo

Baldurs Gate II mega install problems

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Urghhh

Urghhh
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 December 2006 - 03:26 PM

Im having problems with my Baldurs Gate II mega install. Everything installs as intended, or at least i think so. Im using this list:

1. BG2 fixpack v1

2. SoS v1.11 and/or TDD v1.11 and/or CtB v1.8 and/or Tortured Souls for BP v6.09 and/or Reign of Terror v2.0
3. Big Picture v177

4. BG2 Tweaks v3

5. BP-BGT Worldmap v6.3

I have tried many different ways to install. Last time i unpacked everything into Bg2 folder and ran setup according to order. But same thing happens every time i launch a new game: I make a new char and the intro scene starts up where Irenicus is supposed to show up and torture the main character, but he doesnīt!!!

Instead nothing happens, tho it doesnīt lock up, as i can hear background music and the characters moving in their cells. Please help me solve this very annoying problem. Maybe im installing it all wrong?

Here is my Weidu.log if its to any use:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // BETA Core Fixes (please check the readme!)
~SETUP-SOS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Shadows Over Soubar, v1.11
~SETUP-SOS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Remorhaz walking speed adjustment (for ENGLISH version .EXE ONLY!!!)
~SETUP-TDD.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Darkest Day, v1.11
~SETUP-CTB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Check The Bodies, v1.8
~SETUP-TS-BP.TP2~ #0 #0 // TORTURED SOULS v6.09 (BP Compatible Version)
~SETUP-ROT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Region Of Terror, v2.0
~SETUP-ROT.TP2~ #0 #1 // Region Of Terror Kit Pack
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #0 // Big Picture AI/Enhancement Mod, version 177 weidu (beta)
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #1 // Improved Suldanessallar
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #2 // Improved Spellhold
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #3 // Wand of Orcus Add-In
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #4 // Improved Small Teeth Pass, by Kensai Ryu
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #5 // Improved Kangaxx Encounter, by Kensai Ryu
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #6 // Kensai Ryu's Improved Crypt King
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #7 // Kensai Ryu's Gnome Fighter/Illusionist in the Docks
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #8 // Improved Random Encounters, by Gebhard Blucher and Kensai Ryu
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #9 // Gebhard Blucher's Lich in the Docks
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #11 // Kuroisan the Acid Kensai, by Westley Weimer
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #12 // The Ritual, by Westley Weimer
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #15 // Ascension for BP
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #120 // Change Avatar When Wearing Robes or Armor (Galactygon)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1030 // Reveal Wilderness Areas Before Chapter Six
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Add Bags of Holding
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1120 // Stores Sell Higher Stacks of Items
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1150 // Shapeshifter Rebalancing
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2020 // Two-Handed Bastard Swords
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2030 // Two-Handed Katanas
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2090 // Change Experience Point Cap -> Remove Experience Cap
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2100 // Allow Thieving and Stealth in Heavy Armor
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2120 // Allow Arcane Spellcasting in Heavy Armor
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2140 // Expanded Dual-Class Options
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2151 // Wear Multiple Protection Items -> No Restrictions
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2160 // Alter Weapon Proficiency System -> Rebalanced Weapon Proficiencies
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3000 // Higher HP on Level Up -> Maximum
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Make Bags of Holding Bottomless
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3060 // Remove "You Must Gather Your Party..." Sound (Weimer)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3080 // Unlimited Ammo Stacking
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3090 // Unlimited Gem and Jewelry Stacking
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3100 // Unlimited Potion Stacking
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3110 // Unlimited Scroll Stacking
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3179 // Romance Cheats -> No Racial Requirements for Romance
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3200 // Sellable Staffs, Clubs, and Slings (Icelus)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4010 // Improved Fate Spirit Summoning
~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #0 // Revised worldmap for the Baldur's Gate - including coloured Baldur's Gate map icons -> Installing new Worldmap for use with Mega Modification
~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #2 // Use new worldmap for Throne of Bhaal as well

Edited by Urghhh, 26 December 2006 - 03:28 PM.

#2 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 26 December 2006 - 03:43 PM

Have you tried to start a game without any mods? If not, do. Do not even install BG2Fixpack.

Ideally, you should try it from a vanilla install, to ensure that there's no junk leftover in your override folder. But for now, just uninstall current mods, then start a new game.

If you get the same problem, success - most likely not all of the files from your CDs are being copied, or file(s) are getting corrupted, during installation. There's a way to do it manually but I don't have the link at the moment.

If you *do not* get the same problem, then this is a true mystery.

"I gladly simp for jastey" -- Aza
==========================================================
"You ever notice that "What the hell?!" is the answer to just about everything?"
==========================================================

"Girls are like phones, they like to be held and talked too, but if you press the wrong button, you will be disconnected!" DJ Nikodemus
================================================================
Community Contributions
* Level 1 NPCs * gMinion: expanded TP2 for MegaInstalls * PSM (PSQM): expanded scripts for Melanthium * Shar Nadal (DSotSC-BGT) revision * non-detectable Cloak of Non-Detection ?? * Weimer's-Tactics: revised TP2 for MegaInstalls * a directory of Mega-Installation Guides *

#3 Urghhh

Urghhh
  • 28 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 11:23 AM

I reinstalled everything. First tried run w/o Throne of Baal. Worked fine. With Throne of Baal and patch, worked. With Throne of Baal / Patch 26498 and Bg2 G3Fixpack1, works fine.

Edit: I have located the mod causing all this.

First installing Shadows over Soubar, The darkest day, Check the Bodies... works fine so far. But after installing Reign Of Terror this annoying bug appears, when starting a new game and just finishing character creation i notice a slight delay when loading, then Irenicus dungeon comes up. If it would work, the main character would lie down on the floor in pain. But now he just stands up and nothing happens.

Edited by Urghhh, 28 December 2006 - 01:37 AM.

#4 Urghhh

Urghhh
  • 28 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 10:34 AM

Anyone have any idéa what might be causing this problem ?

#5 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 03:33 AM

There is a RoT fix located here - http://america.iegmc.net/rot-weidu/

I thought it was designed to fix a problem with RoT stalling at the beginning (among other things). It might help. You can install it at the very end of your list, but ideally should be installed right after RoT

#6 Urghhh

Urghhh
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 09:19 AM

It didnīt help at all installing it after RoT2.0. So i donīt think it will make a difference installing it at the very end. Could it be something wrong with my cdīs that makes the cutscenes corrupt and thus corrupting the install ? Would it help if i purchased the game on a DVD ? Ah well.

#7 Pain Elemental

Pain Elemental

Always here, just look harder.

• 643 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 02:44 PM

Before buying new things..
I had the same problem some time ago and in my case, it was because I installed the Shorter/Faster Cutscenes and Dreams in combination with The Big Picture.

If you installed the Shorter/Faster Cutscenes and Dreams, try uninstalling it.
After an eternity away from you all, I've returned.

#8 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 12:35 AM

there's a strong likelihood that RoT is the cause of this issue - try uninstalling it, clearing yr cache and temp folders, and starting a new game. let us know if it works (or doesn't, but i rather doubt it won't).

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#9 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 01:15 AM

there's a strong likelihood that RoT is the cause of this issue - try uninstalling it, clearing yr cache and temp folders, and starting a new game. let us know if it works (or doesn't, but i rather doubt it won't).

I still don't understand why so many people are having problems getting an SoA game to start with RoT installed. Attached is the decompiled text from my AR0602.bcs so people can use it to compare.

1. This install has everything except CtB-Chores.

2. Order of events upon beginning a new game:

a. Game loads per normal, and you get the Alaundo prophecy, and the whole movie thing the 1st time.

b. Dungeon cages flash into sight for a split second, then fade to black.

c. Jarlaxle & Entreri have their cute little cutscene about creating a "region of terror".

d. Screen fades to black (you hear <charname> make his little "death" grunt a second before the cages come back into view.

e. Mr Happy appears, and we're off to the races.

Attached Files

It takes a village...

#10 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 07:36 AM

Thanks a bunch for this. I need it to compare my ar0602 because CtB is acting up.

Is this with the RoT fix installed?

#11 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 08:55 AM

Thanks a bunch for this. I need it to compare my ar0602 because CtB is acting up.

Is this with the RoT fix installed?

Yes. This is per the 010107 WeiDU log posted in the BP + BGT sticky.

It takes a village...

#12 Urghhh

Urghhh
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 01:30 PM

Ah yes, another odd thing. A week ago when i installed all the mega installs and addons listed. It didnīt work at first, but when i loaded a game i had saved before installing any mods it played up the Reign Of Terror movie, and i could play as usual, didnīt try to play for any longer amount of time as i thought iīd want it to play as intended.

edit: Iīll try to install RoT first thing after G3 fixpack, and see if it works. Oh, and another thing. After installing Bg2 and Throne of Baal, i get both a Bgmain.exe and Baldur.exe, whic of them should i run, seeing as theyīr different versions.

edit: Noticed, installing Rot 2.0 and fix after Throne of Baal seem to corrupt it. When i try to run baldur.exe, the ToB cd starts and i canīt choose play, only install. But when i click install i can only choose to uninstall.

edit..: So i have been investigating further and found the root of the problem. First of all i install the usual Throne of baal and patch. Then i only installed RoT 2.0 without G3 fixpack nor RoT fix patch. And it ran like a charm.... And apparently it works with BdashToB v1.6, or should i use whe Weidu one ? Or any other fixpack that i should use instead of G3?

Edited by Urghhh, 04 January 2007 - 03:31 AM.