Photo

help needed, stuck in candlekeep (spoiler)

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Romulas

Romulas
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 03:44 PM

contains spoilers,

So after convincing bodhi to give me her pass stone and losing 4 of my party members I head to the next level. Here there is a portal and a guardian golem that doesn't say anything when I talk to him. I go through the portal into the (unseeing eye) compound. After fighting all those backstabbing undead thiefs I get to the temple, kill those guys and nothing happens. Then I notice in my journal that there is an entry saying that I could not find the next level guardian and that I can't "SEE" him. This clues me into that he is invisible so I search the entire complex with the eyes of the sightless and don't find anything.

I am getting desparate now and go into shadow keeper to find other passes that are there and find minscs body and his pass. So obviously minsc is somewhere around there and I have spent the greater part of a day (real time) looking for a portal or something, can anyone shed some light on this.

I even tried to add minscs body and his pass with shadowkeeper then go to the golem who doesn't do anything different.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Romulas

#2 al17

al17
  • Modder
  • 298 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 03:57 AM

minsc body was in the previous version.

look at here: http://www.shsforums...showtopic=17424

rtt14ban5bv.jpg

Return To Trademeet (http://rtteng.altervista.org), my mod for Baldur's Gate 2. Try it! ;)

#3 Romulas

Romulas
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 09:40 AM

minsc body was in the previous version.

look at here: http://www.shsforums...showtopic=17424

Thats odd, I have installeld version 1.5 fresh, no upgrade and started a new game. However when the game comes up it says return to trademeet version 1.4. I guess I am not sure what version I have.

Thanks for the help, I will try the tip from the other message thread.

Romulas

#4 al17

al17
  • Modder
  • 298 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 09:56 AM

Your version is 1.5. Minsc was before Yoshimo and after Bodhi. Probably, I forgot to update the very first dialog of the mod.

rtt14ban5bv.jpg

Return To Trademeet (http://rtteng.altervista.org), my mod for Baldur's Gate 2. Try it! ;)

#5 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 01 February 2007 - 06:15 AM

Hi!

I'm from Hungary and unfortunatelly I can't speak in English perfwctly...
My problem is in Candlekeep. I'm in the second floor and I can go to a portal what is teleport me in the area (of the unseeing quest). I killed the undead creatures and I reached the amanuator temple and then I received a journal message that I can' see the corrospondent. I try the magic fo "true sight" if the person is unvisible but I can see nothing and there is no hiding places. I can't go to the third floor without the pass. Please, somebody write me an answer... what shoul I do? :wacko:

#6 al17

al17
  • Modder
  • 298 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 07:28 AM

true sight works, but remember to cast it in front of the golem (then, you have to come back to it)

rtt14ban5bv.jpg

#7 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 02 February 2007 - 06:05 AM

OK, I found the key. The true sigth isn't work but the detect invisibility is work.
But unfortnatelly I have got another problem: after I get the second floor, I met my clone. I defeated him succesfully but after that he teleported my companions into his world and he killed me (no slash, I can't do anything.) I red that only the version 1.6 will continue the story. Is that true? I can't continue the exciting story? Because the game is absolutelly great! Fantastic! :wub: I love it, but I can't continue! :crying:
Oh, and another thing: There is no "Minsc body" in the storyline? Because I have never met him.

#8 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 02 February 2007 - 06:09 AM

Oh, I forgetted a question: when will the version 1.6 available?

#9 Ghepardo

Ghepardo
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 06:13 AM

#10 al17

al17
  • Modder
  • 298 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 08:07 AM

OK, I found the key. The true sigth isn't work but the detect invisibility is work.

bug? that's strange... I'll check if I missed it. Thanks for the report.

Oh, and another thing: There is no "Minsc body" in the storyline? Because I have never met him.

there *was* a Minsc body, but only in the previous versions.

But unfortnatelly I have got another problem: after I get the second floor, I met my clone. I defeated him succesfully but after that he teleported my companions into his world and he killed me (no slash, I can't do anything.) I red that only the version 1.6 will continue the story. Is that true? I can't continue the exciting story? Because the game is absolutelly great! Fantastic! I love it, but I can't continue!

That is, and will be, the end of the mod. However, the end is unclear: did your clone kill you or did he captured you? The movie you saw was necessary to close your game.

I suppose to release version 1.6 within 1-2 months.

rtt14ban5bv.jpg

#11 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 07 February 2007 - 03:59 AM

bug? that's strange... I'll check if I missed it. Thanks for the report.

there *was* a Minsc body, but only in the previous versions.

But unfortnatelly I have got another problem: after I get the second floor, I met my clone. I defeated him succesfully but after that he teleported my companions into his world and he killed me (no slash, I can't do anything.) I red that only the version 1.6 will continue the story. Is that true? I can't continue the exciting story? Because the game is absolutelly great! Fantastic! I love it, but I can't continue!

That is, and will be, the end of the mod. However, the end is unclear: did your clone kill you or did he captured you? The movie you saw was necessary to close your game.

I suppose to release version 1.6 within 1-2 months.

My clone captured me into his world and after a dialog he killed me immadiately. In his world there are a lot of demon servants. Unfortunatelly I can't see any movie in RTT. Is it possible to finish the mod within the version 1.6?

Oh, and good luck to the version 1.6! ;) I am waiting for it!

#12 al17

al17
  • Modder
  • 298 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 04:29 AM

My clone captured me into his world and after a dialog he killed me immadiately. In his world there are a lot of demon servants. Unfortunatelly I can't see any movie in RTT. Is it possible to finish the mod within the version 1.6?

movies are probably disabled. take a look at your baldur.ini

that *IS* the end of the mod.

rtt14ban5bv.jpg

#13 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 12 February 2007 - 06:40 AM

OK, capisco. What should I rewrite in the buldur.ini file?
So, if I understand it well, if the movie will work, I can finish the mod? I am all agog to what will the end of the story ^_^

#14 Romulas

Romulas
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 02:57 PM

OK, capisco. What should I rewrite in the buldur.ini file?
So, if I understand it well, if the movie will work, I can finish the mod? I am all agog to what will the end of the story ^_^

Once more, you die. Thats the end movie or not. My clone was pretty much destroyed and he snagged me to his world and I died. A terrible ending but a good game none the less.

Romulas