• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 Mistress Elysia

Mistress Elysia

Officially a Dirty Old Woman

• Modder
  • 575 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 03:43 AM

Yep - it's that time. I was going to try to get through the whole of ToB before posting this up, but a lot of people have been asking and since I've not come across anything game breaking (plus I trust Sil ;)), I'm going to go for this now.

This is by no means the final product - there isa lot more I want to add, but before I go any further I want to make sure everything I've written so far is up to scratch, so therefore these are the basic prerequisites for this round of testing:

1) I need people who know Fade (have played through SoA), simply so that I can make sure the writing is up standard and in character. I'm not sure of numbers yet, but this will operate a simple first-come-first-serve policy. I'll also be posting the names of testers up in the forum so everyone knows who is involved.

2) You'll either need an end of SoA save with Fade in it, or be adept at using the concole to get her in to ToB itself. As this is an test of the main romance progression, I've been a bit, err, silly and forgotten to write certain things. Like, umm, Fate Spirit summoning and kicking out / rejoining dialogues... ( :whistling: :doh: ) This will be corrected soon, though - once I've finished playing through myself, I'll write them and send them along to Sil for coding immediately!

3) You'll need an email that accepts .exe files and has 2mb space. Either stick your email address on your sign up post or if you want to keep your mail out of the public eye, PM it to me.

4) Please don't post any spoilers on the open forum! :)

5) Please feel free to make suggestions for additional content / the final product in the testing forum rather than here - this is where you can all really help me.

6) Finally - please be patient. If I don't get to you immediately, it's simply because I'm not online 24/7 - I promise I'll get to you as soon as I can. Once I've got your message, I'll email you the files and the password to the forum and you'll be good to go!

Last and by no means least - thank you for everyone who does sign up. Without your help, I would never get this done! :hug:

The Timely Resurrection of Fade!
Mistress Elysia's fantasy artwork.
Where Darkness Resides: A Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdark fanfic

I want to live, I want to experience the universe and I want to eat pie.

"Oh, little ice cream friends! Thog delays boredom-driven rampage only for you!"

#2 Lord Ernie

Lord Ernie
  • Modder
  • 755 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 04:57 AM

I'm still here, of course, and more than willing to test. I think hotmail accepts .exe files, so Ernie_be@hotmail.com should work (I have no qualms about posting it in public, since it's my junk mail address :)). If not, I'll PM you another one.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move - Douglas Adams

I like persons better than principles, and I like persons with no principles better than anything else in the world - Oscar Wilde

Give a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. But set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

#3 Mistress Elysia

Mistress Elysia

• Modder
  • 575 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 05:06 AM

:) No problem - and thanks, Ernie! I'll try that email address now - give me 5 minutes and let me know if it doesn't work.

"Oh, little ice cream friends! Thog delays boredom-driven rampage only for you!"

#4 Undertaker

Undertaker

Destiny, Infinity, Eternity

• 68 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 08:59 AM

I promissed to test ToB part long ago so I will be more then happy to to beta testing :D
In case you forgotten my e-mail : rkrajnik@hotmail.com
Evil hidden everywhere
Evil has a chilling stare
Null and void of any care
Is where the answer lies
It does no good to beg or cry
It does no good to question why
It does no good it never dies
Evil never dies

#5 Mistress Elysia

Mistress Elysia

• Modder
  • 575 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 09:40 AM

;) Sending stuff now, Undie - thanks!

#6 prezees

prezees
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 02:55 PM

I tell about my help in beta-testing eariel...

My e-mail:

prezesio@yahoo.com

^^

Edited by prezees, 29 December 2006 - 02:56 PM.

#7 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

Destroyer of Worlds

• 139 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 12:46 AM

I've got some spare time on my hands and am more then willing to help if you still need another beta tester

Email: lordseaba@aol.com

Knowledge is power. Power Corrupts. Study Hard. Be evil.

Minsc: You do not seem like a Sarevok to me. Too much humble, not enough "RARRRRGH, Feel my unholy rage."

#8 Autumn_Falls

Autumn_Falls
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 05:49 AM

If you still need another tester, I'm up for it. I've never posted in this forum or the CoM forum, but I've played through SoA and ToB a thousand times, and I've tested(not officially, just for myself :P ) all the Bioware romances, plus Kelsey, Amber, Solaufein, Edwin, Valygar, Chloe, Tsujatha, Tashia, Imoen and Fade, of course. And I have to say, without any exaggeration and not because this is her forum, that Fade is, by far, my favourite. She has a great personality, very strong-willed but without being patronising like a certain half-elf who recently lost her husband(don't get me wrong, her romance was actually my favourite of the original ones). And the best part about Fade for me is that she made me fall in love with charname. His answers are not nice, neutral or mean for a change, but they really give him a personality, as well. The conversations are very well thought-out and very well written on both sides , and that's rare. So to cut a long story short... I :Bow: before you, Mistress Elysia, for creating such a wonderful mod. :)
I've played through the SoA portion 3 times, I'm in the middle of the 4th run, so I think that I know Fade pretty well. My e-mail address is aj_strueh@hotmail.de

#9 Mistress Elysia

Mistress Elysia

• Modder
  • 575 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 06:01 AM

:blush: Awww, now I feel all awkward... thank you, Autumn Falls! :hug: One of my personal goals was to try to give the PC a bit of a personality, because I always felt you never found out much about him (or indeed her... that's my next goal after ToB is done - get the friendship dialogues finished!)... it was always about the NPC's all the time. It's a bit of a gamble - some people seem to like it and others don't, simply because opinions differ on what the PC is actually like (and as much as I'd like to be able to write a response for every single personality type I can think of, it's be ridiculous to do this - I'd be here for a million years, and there's be 20 responses per dialogue block!), but I thought it better to give him some kind of personality rather than none at all.

Give me 5 minutes or so - if you haven't received something by then, let me know :)

EDIT: Looking at your email addy... hotmail's been a bit picky as to what files it is accepting- 2 people who have given me hotmail adresses haven't been able to receive the email 'cos it thinks it's a virus! i'll try, but if you get the same problem, do you have another email addy for me to send things to?

Edited by Mistress Elysia, 30 December 2006 - 06:03 AM.

#10 Autumn_Falls

Autumn_Falls
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 06:15 AM

Yeah, I think I can imagine what writing responses for every personality type would be like... :wacko: You did an incredible job with the ones you chose, and I love my PC now, with Fade he's just like I always imagined him to be. To be honest, I'm quite sick of the pure 'rightous' and/or broody types. :rolleyes: aj_strueh@web.de and aj_strueh@yahoo.com. You choose :P

Edited by Autumn_Falls, 30 December 2006 - 06:34 AM.

#11 Autumn_Falls

Autumn_Falls
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 06:39 AM

Could you try to send the file to one of those^ addresses? I got the e-mail, but for some reason I can't open the attachment. I think the stupid hotmail virus programme prevents it.

#12 Mistress Elysia

Mistress Elysia

• Modder
  • 575 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 06:46 AM

I've now tried aj_strueh@web.de as well - hopefully one way or another you'll get this!

Sometimes it's fine to be righteous... others brooding.. but sometimes, it's just nice to have a conversation. With added optional silliness, of course... :P

:hug:

#13 Autumn_Falls

Autumn_Falls
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 07:20 AM

Sometimes it's fine to be righteous... others brooding.. but sometimes, it's just nice to have a conversation. With added optional silliness, of course... :P

:hug:

Exactly! ^_^

On the other account I got the e-mail, and I could open the attachment. I hate hotmail, it always gives me a headache. Thanks :hug:

#14 -vera_kdt-

-vera_kdt-

Posted 30 December 2006 - 07:24 AM

I've been waiting for this almost a year, please please please let me help!!

vera_kdt@hotmail.com is the address!

Thanks a lot!
Vera

#15 Mistress Elysia

Mistress Elysia

• Modder
  • 575 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 08:44 AM

No problem - I've now tested everything through, and all dialogues trigger fine - there's a couple of minor issues to work through, but nothing game breaking, so it's mainly a case of compatibility testing and the like.

However - hotmail thinks the .exe file is a virus, and so won't let you dld it... do you have another email addy I can use? PM it to me if you want it kep secret ;)

#16 Degrofeluos

Degrofeluos
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 10:26 AM

Hi

I would help if you need another tester ^^

alfred.bester@gmx.net

mfg
sf

#17 Mistress Elysia

Mistress Elysia

• Modder
  • 575 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 11:09 AM

:) No problem - as long as you know the character and are happy being spoiled in reference to a proper release, I'll send you along the files! ^_^ Give me 5 minutes... if you don't get them, let me know ;)

#18 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 02 January 2007 - 06:23 AM

As posted earlier, professional software tester willing to help. I know the character very well. You can send stuff to sulteric@charter.net

-Peter

#19 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 11:45 AM

I'm from CoM, and I'll be happy to test Fade-I need an excuse to haul Baldur's Gate out again, rather than Neverwinter Nights 2. :D

tempest@mytrashmail.com (sorry, but I won't post my real email address on an open forum).

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#20 Miss Sakaki

Miss Sakaki

Modder

• Modder
  • 505 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 10:15 AM

Eee! How I managed to miss this I have no idea. I don't have a huge amount of time for playtesting (though that may change over the coming weeks) but I'm very happy to read through dialogue and offer my thoughts on it.