No cutscene in Umar

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Scardog

Scardog
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 07:57 PM

Hey-

I did all three quests for Selence and headed over to Umar Hills to get the mod rollin and I didn't get the expected cut scene. I found that I still show the first Selence quest in my "Quests" section of my journal, as if I hadn't gotten her the money from the guy in the gov district. Is there anyway to fix this?

Please Help Me!!!

#2 Scardog

Scardog
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 12:45 PM

Can someone please help me? Or point me to the right spot.

#3 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 02:13 PM

sorry, i haven't had SoS installed for many months now, so i can't check variables for you. have you picked up the two letters from upstairs in the Copper Coronet? and made sure you haven't read or identified them?

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#4 Scardog

Scardog
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 08:39 AM

sorry, i haven't had SoS installed for many months now, so i can't check variables for you. have you picked up the two letters from upstairs in the Copper Coronet? and made sure you haven't read or identified them?

As soon as I pickup the letters they are identified. I read somewhere in another forum about an issue of having the auto-identify fix causing a problem. I uninstalled that and went back to an earlier saved game and the letters are still identified and opened as soon as I find them.

I think I may have figured out what was going on. I was actually able to get the money from the safe in the house in the gov district without going to Brynlaw and getting the key from him. Of course, I didn't figure out that I needed the key until I ran into him in Lady galvena's Hall. So I went back to an earlier saved game and started over. I am exiting Spellhold now and heading over to the underdark. I will check it out after i get back and see if it works now.

Seanas, thanks for the reply. I will post back when I get back to Athkatla and let you know what happens. Thanks again.

#5 astrallionheart

astrallionheart
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 04:44 PM

The files needed apparently are CBMAYOR1.BCS, CBMAYOR2.BCS (both scripts) and AR4299 which are corrupted by BP...no one has uploaded these files in over a year, so I guess SoS is just a dead mod at this point.

#6 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 05:25 PM

Exactly how or what does BP corrupt these files? Maybe we prevent this before someone first installs BP (or SoS).

"I gladly simp for jastey" -- Aza
==========================================================
"You ever notice that "What the hell?!" is the answer to just about everything?"
==========================================================

"Girls are like phones, they like to be held and talked too, but if you press the wrong button, you will be disconnected!" DJ Nikodemus
================================================================
Community Contributions
* Level 1 NPCs * gMinion: expanded TP2 for MegaInstalls * PSM (PSQM): expanded scripts for Melanthium * Shar Nadal (DSotSC-BGT) revision * non-detectable Cloak of Non-Detection ?? * Weimer's-Tactics: revised TP2 for MegaInstalls * a directory of Mega-Installation Guides *

#7 astrallionheart

astrallionheart
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 11:54 PM

Nobody knows. In fact this is a problem that people have had with SoS since 1.01 with BP. You can check the forum log, the question has never been answered by anybody.

#8 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 10:38 AM

Be a dear and post the link or links here that reported this problem.

#9 astrallionheart

astrallionheart
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 01:07 PM

http://www.shsforums...showtopic=19322
http://www.shsforums...showtopic=20853
http://www.shsforums...showtopic=13112

#10 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 01:40 PM

I think all 3 are caused by

G3Tweaks mod 'Identify Everything' option

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#11 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 05:12 PM

astrallionheart

You again!

I can say, definitively, that I did not have these problems in my last run-thru. I carried those scrolls to Umar Hills and had the cutscene, which showed some soldiers or fighters having some dialogue, and I think attacking or being attacked. I had this cutscene after talking to some soldiers in the Umar Inn, I think. Sorry, my details are a bit fuzzy as it's been a while since I did that part.

I checked my ar1100.bcs and it has the code block

IF
PartyHasItem("CBLTCNT1") // Letter of Introduction
PartyHasItem("CBLTCNT2") // Broken-Sealed Letter
!PartyHasItemIdentified("CBLTCNT2") // Broken-Sealed Letter
Global("CbPlayerCanGoToSoubar","GLOBAL",0)
Global("CbMayorAndRolfCutscene","AR1100",0)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("CbMayorAndRolfCutscene","AR1100",1)
CreateCreatureOffScreen("CBUHCUT1",0) // No such index
END

So the scroll, in my game, must have remained Unindentified.

I teleported my BG1 party to ar4299. Fun! But no CtD.

If anyone is about to get those scrolls, keep a save game before and after, so that we can check the globals.

#12 astrallionheart

astrallionheart
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 10:40 PM

Azazello,

The problem is not just that the scripting for the cutscenes are broken. I also teleported my party to ar4299--the entire map is empty. That's the second problem with this mod--the AR4299 is corrupted. Two or three other threads also have multiple people complaining about this. (Uncorrupt ar4299 was uploaded a year ago, but obviously that file is no where to be found now). I mean, okay, I can understand some tweaks causing problems (such as all items IDed), I'm not a modder, but it seems a little far fetched that two minor tweaks (ID all items, shapeshifted paws cannot be dispelled) would cause all the BG2 mods other than TDD to catastrophically fail, yet the main game BG1, SOA, ToB to run perfectly fine (including 3 major BG1 mods than run with significant IWD/IWD2 resources...)

This is just all bizarre. I was convinced it would be the major BG2 mods that would have the least problems.

Edited by astrallionheart, 28 June 2007 - 10:51 PM.

#13 astrallionheart

astrallionheart
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 06:07 PM

Okay, what you said did work in starting the cutscenes (IDed item). But its just like RoT world map problems. With RoT Arlax is permanently greyed out--here it's impossible to travel to the River Chiontar without the carriage ride. And River Chiontar keeps saying destination unreachable, and Soubar never opens up (obviously, since I'm in River Chiontar and the area is unreachable itself, it won't unlock anything new).

I uninstalled WM 6.5 and installed 6.6 to see if that would fix it but no avail. I also noticed that TDD areas also became "destination unreachable" after the Umar cutscenes (both in instances of a new game and also in my old game) so I suspect TDD and SoS don't play well with each other, since arriving at Umar Hills automatically opens up Trollford, as well as the main SoS story line, that's probably where the conflict is.

OK! I give up trying to play the megamod lol. None of this stuff works but basic TDD.

Edited by astrallionheart, 29 June 2007 - 07:05 PM.