Fade trouble starting.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 --snuffle--

--snuffle--

Posted 30 December 2006 - 08:27 PM

I had some trouble with Fade at first In Aran's chamber where she had no name and text concerning her didnt show up, just blank where i pressed 1 in order to continue. Then I found I just had to highlight her and press F to fix it, but now Im re-accepting her into the party. My question is will she still have her little story and romance play out now even though I technically ejected her once.

#2 Pain Elemental

Pain Elemental

Always here, just look harder.

• 643 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 01:51 AM

Do you have Shadowkeeper? You can check the romance there in the Global List, under FadeGlobalRomance or something like that. If it's 1, there shoudn't be a problem.
After an eternity away from you all, I've returned.

#3 Lord Ernie

Lord Ernie
  • Modder
  • 755 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 02:52 AM

Did you have ShadowKeeper open at the time of install? This sounds like a classic case of that, and it won't be fixed before you uninstall and reinstall the mod. The string fixer isn't sufficient, IIRC.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move - Douglas Adams

I like persons better than principles, and I like persons with no principles better than anything else in the world - Oscar Wilde

Give a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. But set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

#4 Mistress Elysia

Mistress Elysia

Officially a Dirty Old Woman

• Modder
  • 575 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 02:55 AM

As far as I can remember, it won't affect her romance progression :) Sil (coder) will be able to confirm this with a greater deal of certainty (she's a) much better at these things and b ) has a better memory than me!), but I'm pretty sure that shouldn't affect things in the future.

IF you want to check via SK, her prefix is E3 (e.g. E3FADEROMANCE, GLOBAL)

Did you have ShadowKeeper open at the time of install? This sounds like a classic case of that, and it won't be fixed before you uninstall and reinstall the mod. The string fixer isn't sufficient, IIRC.

This is definitely true to prevent future stings getting mixed up. Don't worry about uninstalling and reinstalling - you can carry on using the same saves as before (just don't do it too often... I know this from bitter experience!)

Edited by Mistress Elysia, 31 December 2006 - 02:58 AM.

The Timely Resurrection of Fade!
Mistress Elysia's fantasy artwork.
Where Darkness Resides: A Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdark fanfic

I want to live, I want to experience the universe and I want to eat pie.

"Oh, little ice cream friends! Thog delays boredom-driven rampage only for you!"

#5 Silmarien

Silmarien
  • Modder
  • 77 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 08:11 AM

Everybody's right. Ejecting her once from the party won't stop the romance.