Photo

A possible walkthrough (possible spoiler)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Romulas

Romulas
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 07:19 AM

Hello,

Just a question, has there been any thought into putting together a walkthrough or hint file?

I say this as I recently got pretty far into the main quest. I had a sorcerer and imoen left when I made it to candlekeep. I find that the npc are not particularly strong and some of the better magic items have stat limitations that further limits who can use them. The best that I could get with armor class is -16 (that was with the elf paladin) and he got waxed pretty early in the mountain crossing with all the demons, I think 3 or 4 hits from the demons from the lower planes and he was gone.

So I had my sorcerer (lvl 25) and imoen and faced my counterpart who duel wielded scimitars and tore through my planatars in about 10 seconds. I got him down in hp for the 3rd time and he said here battle my clones, now there were 3 that were immune to time stop and could see invisibility. Battle over and try again.

This time I set the difficulty to easy and gave it a shot. Same thing, got him down for the 3rd time and wamo end of game. Note: he did less damage but still withstood everything that I and imoen threw at him.

Is this an unbalanced issue or do I need an army of fighters with -20 ac to do damage. This guy killed my mordankaineans swords many times without doing any damage.

Here is one tactic I tried. I summoned two mordens swords to keep him busy. I cast lowered resistanced x3, time stop, improved allacity, and all my call comets, dragons breath, horrid wilting, flame arrows that I could cast and merrily got him down to injured. By the time I got to the point where he summoned his clones I had very few spells left.

I enjoyed the story line and commend the author for it, I would just like to see how the story ends. Unfortuneately, in the heat of battle rage I deleted the game after the 3rd time of throwing the kitchen sink at him and will have to start the game again to see how it ends.

Thanks for any thoughts or feedback.

#2 al17

al17
  • Modder
  • 298 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 07:56 AM

the final battle will be changed in version 1.6 and again in version 1.7 (permanently this time).

the end is unsure (and I never say which the real one is); you move to your clone's universe and you're: a) killed or B) trapped.

rtt14ban5bv.jpg

Return To Trademeet (http://rtteng.altervista.org), my mod for Baldur's Gate 2. Try it! ;)

#3 Romulas

Romulas
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 09:54 AM

the final battle will be changed in version 1.6 and again in version 1.7 (permanently this time).

the end is unsure (and I never say which the real one is); you move to your clone's universe and you're: a) killed or B) trapped.

You know the first time I played it I got really close to the end. Those 3 clones waxed my original attempt. I pretty much beefed up my party with shadow keeper then could beat the clones.

Now, I will choose my words rather carefully as I don't want to bash anyones effort on modding. You modders do something that I only wish I had the brain power to do. That being said, I must comment on the ending.

The first time around I spent a couple of weeks playing this game only to have my beloved sorcerer get zapped to another plane and die, that is off course had I been able to finish it without cheating with shadowkeeper???? It my opinion its not a very good reward for you taking all the time to write this mod and us as players taking all the time playing it. I would have hoped that with all the possible endings that something better could have come out of it.

Anyway, thanks for an entertaining story line (till the end of course). The maps and artwork were great. I never did play icewind dale so had never seen any of those maps before.

Romulas