Photo

Why would you be interested in the IEP?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Poll: Why would you be interested in the IEP? (68 member(s) have cast votes)

First choice

1. New Interjections (10 votes [14.71%])

Percentage of vote: 14.71%

2. Better characterisations of the NPCs (14 votes [20.59%])

Percentage of vote: 20.59%

3. Relationships with the NPCs (25 votes [36.76%])

Percentage of vote: 36.76%

4. The ability to ask questions of NPCs via player initiated dialogue (3 votes [4.41%])

Percentage of vote: 4.41%

5. Romance improvements (8 votes [11.76%])

Percentage of vote: 11.76%

6. Plot-related dialogue (8 votes [11.76%])

Percentage of vote: 11.76%

Second choice

1. New Interjections (13 votes [19.12%])

Percentage of vote: 19.12%

2. Better characterisations of the NPCs (11 votes [16.18%])

Percentage of vote: 16.18%

3. Relationships with the NPCs (13 votes [19.12%])

4. The ability to ask questions of NPCs via player initiated dialogue (12 votes [17.65%])

Percentage of vote: 17.65%

5. Romance improvements (7 votes [10.29%])

Percentage of vote: 10.29%

6. Plot-related dialogue (12 votes [17.65%])

Percentage of vote: 17.65%

Third choice

1. New Interjections (10 votes [14.71%])

Percentage of vote: 14.71%

2. Better characterisations of the NPCs (9 votes [13.24%])

Percentage of vote: 13.24%

3. Relationships with the NPCs (14 votes [20.59%])

Percentage of vote: 20.59%

4. The ability to ask questions of NPCs via player initiated dialogue (13 votes [19.12%])

5. Romance improvements (9 votes [13.24%])

Percentage of vote: 13.24%

6. Plot-related dialogue (13 votes [19.12%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 05:15 AM

Because I'm a sucker for polls. Expect more to come, of course. ;)

Trying to gauge where we should really be focusing our efforts!

#2 -A. Nonymous-

-A. Nonymous-

Posted 02 January 2007 - 08:29 PM

Can't vote as guest, but:

1: Plot-related dialogue. By far the most interesting part. There is nowhere *near* enough dialogue about the things that are ACTUALLY HAPPENING TO US RIGHT NOW OMG!
2: New Interjections. Pretty much same as #1. I want to hear the party's opinions on things we see.
3: Relationships with the NPCs. I also want to hear the party's opinions on ME.

Nuts, keep this up and I'll have to get regged...

#3 Bookwyrme

Bookwyrme
  • Modder
  • 5804 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 09:08 AM

To add a late addition: Relationships between the NPC's. Yes, they have a few banters with each other, but for a small group of people who've been traveling together through hell (literally), they show very little awareness of one another. In that sort of situation, one would expect either close friendship or intense hatred to develop--and not always because "We're both good" or "I'm good and you're evil." Maybe one of them simply chews his food to loudly and thus drives another crazy.

Mods: <a data-cke-saved-href="http://www.shsforums...-auroras-shoes/">Aurora's Shoes (released),

#4 -CaraKaze-

-CaraKaze-

Posted 28 June 2007 - 02:15 PM

To add a late addition: Relationships between the NPC's. Yes, they have a few banters with each other, but for a small group of people who've been traveling together through hell (literally), they show very little awareness of one another. In that sort of situation, one would expect either close friendship or intense hatred to develop--and not always because "We're both good" or "I'm good and you're evil." Maybe one of them simply chews his food to loudly and thus drives another crazy.

Imoen: Ew, Minsc! I didn't need to see all that mashed up... brown stuff.
Minsc: But Boo says---
Imoen: Just tell the little fellow to make you keep your mouth shut when you eat, 'k?
Minsc: But--
Imoen: EW, already! :D

Yeah, and Jaheira waking up for watch and tripping over Anomen's shield in the dark. And so on... :D

#5 -CaraKaze-

-CaraKaze-

Posted 28 June 2007 - 02:17 PM

I just think Bookwyrme's idea is cool, that's all! :ph34r: <-- like ninjas are cool :D

#6 Clary

Clary
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 11:58 PM

I like the idea of more plot-related dialogues - when something big happens in the game, like, for example, Bodhi vampirizing your love interest or you turning into the Slayer, it would be nifty to have more opportunities to talk to your party members about it, or perhaps complain how unfair your life is. :P

#7 -The Not-So-Mysterious Lurker-

-The Not-So-Mysterious Lurker-

Posted 14 August 2007 - 07:52 AM

Where interjections are concerned, are they going to be like the ones in the game, which generally tend to be "Eek! I don't like this!" or "Kill, kill, kill!" or "I say nay!" or are they going to be, oh, I don't know, more involved. Part of being the part leader, in my opinion, is quelling arguments, and I'd to see people disagreeing with other people interjections, like, for instance, when Yoshimo comments on Anomen's comments about the Unseeing Eye quest.

Let's take Jan, for example. While it's quite understandable why he dislikes Anomen, I'd like him to comment on Anomen's pompousness when he interjects, so not only in the banter is the amniosity present, but also all the time. With maybe an oppertunity for CHARNAME to intervene, or even one of the other NPCs. I realise how complicated it might get, but at least let me dream, okay? For instance...

Helm Priest: Yadda yadda, Helm, Yadda yadda, Duty, Yadda yadda, Help us or we smite you.
Korgan: Who cares a damn if th' blasted idiots be rippin' out their eyes from their heads? It be their own doin'; it be their own idiot fault, so why should it fall on our shoulders t' help them? Let them fester in their own moronic beliefs, I say.
Aerie: K-Korgan! How can you say such a thing! Surely you wish to prevent such a thing from h-happening again, don't y-you?
Charname: Oh, Dear Gods...
Korgan: I could nay give a rat's arse if these long-limbs want to defile their sight. You would neither if ye'd any sense under that mop o' straw ye call hair.
(If she's there) Nalia: Korgan! Aerie's got lovely hair!
(If she's there) Viconia: You'd know all about straw, I assume, Korgan, what with that gut of yours.
Aerie: ... Oh. W-well, Korgan, you are entitled to your opinion but I'd thank y-you to keep it to yourself. And if you d-don't mind, I'd prefer it if you kept my hair out of it.
Korgan: Well I do mind. And I'd thank *ye* not to whine every bleedin' second. Alas, we're nay entitled to everything we want, else ye'd have an axe sticking out of yer skull right about now. Har har!
(If he's there) Edwin: (The dwarf talks about hair? *That's* rich! I never thought I'd see the day...) For once the dwarf has the right of it. If our wants were so easily realised there's no way I'd be stuck listening to you simians yap about all the day.
Charname: Hmm, no broken limbs. That went well, I feel.

Good times... :coolthumb:

#8 Hide and Seek

Hide and Seek
  • 93 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 01:38 PM

What I want most from this.. is reactions and dialogue from the NPC, not just in relation to their quests. And those talks that shows that "this is a group that has been through ALOT". Group-talk, to say it plain and simple. Something to compare to would be when the party has just left Underdark, and meets up with Drizzt and c:o. Now there's a talk that goes beyond most things I've seen. I just love when NPC's bantering.

And the ability to start conversions of friendship ala Flirt Pack Style, without the flirting. Who wouldn't want to challenge Korgan on an ale-drinking contest or challenge Minsc on his thoughts about nature?

I love dialogue. We have the fights, and we have the enemies. Now we need reactions. I know at least I do. :whistling:

Edited by Hide and Seek, 14 August 2007 - 01:39 PM.

Favourite Quotes from BG2
Minsc: Minsc will lead with blade and boot! Boo will take care of the details.
Saemon: Pardon?
Aerie: This is gonna hurt you ALOT more than me!
Sarevok: Now I return the favor!
Drizzt: Yes, yes, you have my attention.
Lilarcor: And this one's for Grandma, who said I would never amount to anything more than a butterknife!

#9 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 05:51 PM

Too true. -_-
But let's be sure to keep it in context with what's happening. And do also remember that these things can be a real pain in the butt to code.
Or at least so I'm told.
I try to stick to my arena at writing dialogs and thinking up ideas as I go along.

And there already is dialog in regards to Drizzit after the Underdark, its just the game tends to screw around. Generally he ends up talking directly to the second person in the party formation rather than the leader, and if that person was say; Jaheria.
Then her dialog would be skipped. :(

Imperfect game dialog system, that's all. At least they didn't screw up with romance dialogs, NPCs are meant to talk to the PC, not the closest person near them.

Ah well. Let's just hope for the best eh? ;)

Classic Adventures - a Total Conversion compilation dedicated to bringing many of the old and new PnP modules into the wonderfully dangerous world that is Baldur's Gate II.   Fancy link button to Downloads page.

CA Forum.  Bugs to be squashed, feedback to be welcomed!

Website at: http://classicadventuresmod.com/
~***~***~***~

When in doubt, lockpick a mudcrab!

Beware the nug conspiracy!

#10 Hide and Seek

Hide and Seek
  • 93 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 09:59 PM

Too true. -_-
But let's be sure to keep it in context with what's happening. And do also remember that these things can be a real pain in the butt to code.
Or at least so I'm told.
I try to stick to my arena at writing dialogs and thinking up ideas as I go along.

And there already is dialog in regards to Drizzit after the Underdark, its just the game tends to screw around. Generally he ends up talking directly to the second person in the party formation rather than the leader, and if that person was say; Jaheria.
Then her dialog would be skipped. :(

Imperfect game dialog system, that's all. At least they didn't screw up with romance dialogs, NPCs are meant to talk to the PC, not the closest person near them.

Ah well. Let's just hope for the best eh? ;)

Aye, I know. I'm no modder myself, but I've taken a look at the beginners guide over at Pocket Plane. I can't even imagine the amount of work that have to be done for a mod like this, and then the writing.

And I agree on the Drizzt dialogue. Everytime I get there, I try to pause before Drizzt can react, and get my leader to run past Jaheira (or whoever that might be second). Sometimes, it goes easier if you scrolls down to get Drizzt outta the picture. At least it does for me.

Yes, let's hope for the best. I'm sure the mod will be great. :cheers:
Favourite Quotes from BG2
Minsc: Minsc will lead with blade and boot! Boo will take care of the details.
Saemon: Pardon?
Aerie: This is gonna hurt you ALOT more than me!
Sarevok: Now I return the favor!
Drizzt: Yes, yes, you have my attention.
Lilarcor: And this one's for Grandma, who said I would never amount to anything more than a butterknife!