1ppv3: Paperdolls

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#1 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 08:45 AM

Since my current progress is stalling I have decided to post my finished bits here so they won't be lost in any case. I suggest to download them only if you know what you're doing since there might be bugs and I won't be here to help you get them to work properly. I will, however, include some details and maybe screenshots. :)

For now... paperdolls that match up with the avatars (hey - even the original ones didn't do that!). I will post them one at a time, so the rest will be coming sometime as well... hopefully.

You need to have 1pp installed for the files to work. Just drop them into your override folder, replacing the files that will be there. Hope you enjoy! ;)

There is only one thief paperdoll since I made a variant of Galactygon's paperdoll/avatar fix (will upload that, too) that allows me to always see the hooded thief animation. It's a bit messy but it solves the unarmoured thief problem quite nicely.

Edited by Erephine, 28 January 2008 - 03:04 AM.

崇高滑稽
·

#2 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 09:05 AM

Edited by Erephine, 28 January 2008 - 03:04 AM.

崇高滑稽
·

#3 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 09:15 AM

Oh, if you're wondering why there is halforc wizard paperdolls - It is possible to use robes with a half orc thief and using the avatar fix they would show up as human - but there ARE animations for halforc mages so with my variant it now uses the proper paperdolls (that used to be blank in the original game).

Edited by Erephine, 28 January 2008 - 03:05 AM.

崇高滑稽
·

#4 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 09:15 AM

I am speechless, that is just awesome, amazing work, super, WOW

:Bow: :Bow: :Bow: :Bow:

Can ya tell that I like them

:D

#5 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 09:25 AM

I'm seconding Ronin's opinion. Fantastic work, as always. :)

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#6 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 05 January 2007 - 12:14 AM

Many thanks, Erephine!

I do hope you will find time to develop further your project and perhaps get again hands on Camdawg for a neater WeiDU packaging!

Astounding job! :cheers:

#7 Celestine

Celestine

Elven Maiden

• Modder
  • 4538 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 12:46 AM

Very pretty. Awesome work. =)

#8 Magnus_025

Magnus_025
  • 37 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 07:19 AM

Whoa! And I was amazed with Chloe's swords!!! I've just downloaded those files and will never delete them! I really didn't like Male Human Mage Avatar (and because of that I never play a human male mage) You have just given me a reason to do it!
Thank you, and congratulations again!
Sincero, muy sincero...Directo, muy directo

#9 Shadowhawke

Shadowhawke

Starlight Seeker

• Modder
  • 1568 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 09:38 PM

I know this is an old-ish topic, but I just had to add my thanks here ^_^. These really do look incredible, Erephine! Wonderful, wonderful work.

Through lightning, travel shadow,
Through hell and all above,
Surviving sword and arrow,
Bound stronger by the love

And in the end a witness,
To where the death has lain,
Silent through the sorrow,
Where innocents lie slain

#10 WizWom

WizWom
  • 270 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 08:06 PM

Really love what you are doing, it is GREAT to have avatars and paperdolls that match!

I am curious about something, though... in, for instance, the CHFW1 paperdoll, we see some highlights that seem overly bright, and might be mixing in colors... see the CHFW1_before image of Imoen.

I went in and took the exta channels out of the highlight areas, which gives us CHFW1_after.

The BAM I made to do this is attached.

Attached Images

• CHFW1_before.png
  • CHFW1_after.png

Attached Files

#11 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 02:29 AM

no.

I sort-of-know what I'm doing :)

The human female wizard 1 uses the "leather" colour for the lower part of the robe. Look at the avatar animations. <_< That is why Nalia's robe always looks tan from the waist down if she isn't wearing... something?

It does not use any extra channels or extra anything - it's just that most of the selectable 'clothing' colours have softer gradients than leather and metal ones - for obvious reasons.

click

edit:

this is my same paperdoll, with a softer colour picked for the 'leather':

Posted Image

Edited by Erephine, 14 January 2008 - 02:41 AM.

崇高滑稽
·

#12 WizWom

WizWom
  • 270 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 07:43 PM

no to what? I wasn't asking a question, per se. No, the colors are not overly highlighted?

well, yeah, I did use Imoen who has a number of crazy colors set. Including gradient 21 for leather, which has white highlights.

Yeah, I KNEW it was Leather for the skirt; I wasn't saying the skirt was the wrong color.

The color mixing I thought I might be seeing was hair color into the highlights on the shoulders. they looked rosier than the purple (44) should be. I suppose I could test with solid blue/solid red and see what comes out. Yeah, properly mixing the colors for the face/hair interface and the bodice/shirt interface, but no mixing in the highlight areas.

Edited by WizWom, 14 January 2008 - 07:54 PM.

#13 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 01:56 AM

I was saying no, I didn't use any in highlighted areas and no, they are not overly highlighted. I'm sorry my reply was a little one worded.

1. Open in BAM Workshop.

2. Load the file in question and zoom in at 600%

3. Hit edit palette

4. Use the dropper tool or 'mask selection' and you can see exactly which palette entry is used where.

If you'd like, you can also export them as BMP and look at them with any of my testing palettes. They cover a few different colour schemes. :)

-edit: BAMWorkshop 1.

Edited by Erephine, 15 January 2008 - 01:57 AM.

崇高滑稽
·

#14 WizWom

WizWom
  • 270 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 10:12 AM

hey, this kinda brings up a possibility - a faked "reflection" in a metal part of a paperdoll could be done.
Doesn't the Elven Fighter have epaulets that curve upward?
If one was being very tweakish, one could put a distorted reflection in that of the side of the head...

#15 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 10:58 AM

Technically you could, but it wouldn't look good at that size with the available shades.

It is nice for some other things, though. :)

崇高滑稽
·

#16 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 03:54 AM

I know my thread is kind of long (and old!) but I do hope people will find this :P

I didn't want to release another part before I had 'more', but it's taking time and you know, incase I my laptop dies or whathaveyou, I decided I could just upload them. Actually it might be a really good idea, because I'm going to be audacious and not test anything actually 'in'game before 1ppv3 shall be finished and final. Famous last words, I know.

This essentially is finished content, which means, if I converted everything properly, it should be fine. (if I didn't... not so fine?)

I might go back and tweak it for the final thing if I feel like it. I did this time, and I hope someone does actually see it.

anyway.

Human Female

Posted Image

Human Male

Posted Image

Halforc Female

Posted Image

Halforc Male

Posted Image

Elven Female

Posted Image

Elven Male

Posted Image

Halfling Female

Posted Image

Halfling Male

Posted Image

... still missing gnomes and dwarves. There may appear to be some placement issues (swords or helmets look off); this is actually because I'm changing a few things with v3 and it will be fine when the rest of the content is released. They should look exactly like above, and if they don't, or crash your game, I messed something up (tell me).

Included this time:

Human
Halfling
Halforc
Elf

each with complete sets.

» » download 1ppv3 ppd IHEO « «

I hope you'll enjoy playtesting for me. -_-

(Hey, you can claim to be the first person EVER to run this with your game! Now if that doesn't that sound fabulous...)

oh, wait. . .

崇高滑稽
·

#17 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 05:45 AM

really, really cool, especially as it takes huge amounts of time to rebuild these...

#18 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 06:08 AM

:Tasty:

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#19 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 11:14 PM

:Tasty: :Tasty: :clap: :clap:

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#20 -DeepO-

-DeepO-

Posted 28 January 2008 - 11:34 PM

Thank you very, very much for this and all of 1pp stuff. I am usually not much bothered with graphics but looking into the original BG2's inventory was a real pain for me because lot of icons and especially paperdolls were artistically really badly :ph34r: done. Oh, and avatars too, of course. Thanks to 1pp, game is much more pleasant for the eye now which also adds to the immersion factor. This must have been a lot of hard work and I once again thank you for your effort. You've greatly enhanced my life while I'm playing BG2 :cheers: