• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#21 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 10:50 AM

edit your baldur.ini to this:

CD2:=C:\Spiele\Baldurs Gate\Baldurs Gate II\CD2\;CD2:=C:\Spiele\Baldurs Gate\Baldurs Gate II\CD2\

cd2 usually has 2 entries for it for some reason. I dont know if this will fix your problem but try it

Edited by ronin69hof, 28 March 2007 - 10:51 AM.

#22 Rubberduck

Rubberduck
  • 171 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 10:59 AM

Did it. Still it won't work. The game tells me that i have to put in cd2 and the one inserted is wrong.

#23 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 11:09 AM

grab the no-cd crack and see if that works.

PM me your email and I can mail it to you.

Edited by ronin69hof, 28 March 2007 - 11:09 AM.

#24 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 11:10 AM

Did it. Still it won't work. The game tells me that i have to put in cd2 and the one inserted is wrong.

Is you ToB disk in the drive?

It takes a village...

#25 Rubberduck

Rubberduck
  • 171 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 11:11 AM

hmmmm, gamecopy-world doesn't list any.

Link?

#26 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 11:16 AM

cant link it here, its illegal. Pm me your email and I will mail it to you.

#27 Rubberduck

Rubberduck
  • 171 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 11:20 AM

sorry. you're right :whistling:

Found one and it also won't work. What is the game actually tryig to do? Is it still in the BG1 part aof the trilogy? I still have my BG1 installation folder and did not erase it after installation. Therefore i got 2 baldur.ini.

I assume the game uses the one inside the bg2 main directory. Reason why i'm asking is that i can't figure which cd2 it misses. bg1 or bg2. Anyway i tried both and nothing happened. What makes me wonder is, that i also can't start a new bg2 game. Then it says the expansion disc is missing :unsure:

#28 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 11:23 AM

try to run bgmain.exe instead of baldur.exe to see if you can at least start a bg2 game

#29 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 11:25 AM

Just for kicks, why don't you try placing your Throne of Bhaal disk in the drive, if you haven't done that already.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#30 Rubberduck

Rubberduck
  • 171 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 11:27 AM

Is you ToB disk in the drive?

Yes it is.

@Ronin: Inside my bg2 main folder there is only one baldur.exe.
I got a bgmain.exe inside the bg1 folder.

#31 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 11:28 AM

Thats not good, are you sure you did a "full" install of SoA and TOB?

*** edit ***

do non-english versions have a bgmain.exe or do they just have a baldur.exe

Edited by ronin69hof, 28 March 2007 - 11:34 AM.

#32 Rubberduck

Rubberduck
  • 171 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 11:35 AM

Thats not good, are you sure you did a "full" install of SoA and TOB?

Okay. My mistake. I got one :rolleyes:
If i use that one it also leads to the well known gui that i configured. Chosing ToB (right side) still won't work.
Chosing Baldur's Gate (left side) opens the well know menu. Then i chose "new BG2" game. I managed to import my char from the last savegame but by the time i say "start game" it leads to the mentioned error message -> missing disc2 inside drive.

#33 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 11:39 AM

I dont know what to tell you dewd, besides reinstalling. If you give it sometime before you reinstall maybe someone else will come by with an answer.

go grab a cold Krombacher and watch Deutschland v. Daenemark

**** out of language ***

die deutschen haben die ganzen jungen spieler auf'n feld, sind keine grosse namen im spiel

#34 Rubberduck

Rubberduck
  • 171 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 11:45 AM

I dont know what to tell you dewd, besides reinstalling. If you give it sometime before you reinstall maybe someone else will come by with an answer.

go grab a cold Krombacher and watch Deutschland v. Daenemark

**** out of language ***

die deutschen haben die ganzen jungen spieler auf'n feld, sind keine grosse namen im spiel

Ich werde wohl warten müssen -> gonna have to wait a couple of days. Hate to reinstall.

Krombacher? Igitt! Ausserdem ist so ein Spiel langweilig. Vielleicht schaue ich das nächste Spiel.

#35 Rubberduck

Rubberduck
  • 171 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 11:47 AM

Just for kicks, why don't you try placing your Throne of Bhaal disk in the drive, if you haven't done that already.

It's been the only disc inside my drive the whole game thru. Never changed it. Just now while transitioning to bg2 i got this damn error.

#36 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 11:49 AM

You could always just reinstall all the bg2 stuff and import your character then it wont take so long. But I would still wait a bit before reinstalling to see if someone comes by with another idea.

Ich trinke gern Licher, aber meine nachbar trinkt Krombacher. Hefe trinke ich auch gern. Nicht schlecht fuer ein Ami gel?

#37 Rubberduck

Rubberduck
  • 171 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 11:57 AM

You could always just reinstall all the bg2 stuff and import your character then it wont take so long. But I would still wait a bit before reinstalling to see if someone comes by with another idea.

Ich trinke gern Licher, aber meine nachbar trinkt Krombacher. Hefe trinke ich auch gern. Nicht schlecht fuer ein Ami gel?

Naja, Hefe ist zwar aus Bayern, aber auch die Bayern können Bier brauen :shifty:

Nimm es nicht persönlich, aber immer wenn ich in Amerika war, habe ich mich auf ein deutsches Bier gefreut. Miller, Bud, Michelob alles okay, aber nichts gegen ein Becks, Bitburger oder.....FLENSBURGER :cheers:

#38 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 12:10 PM

At least you will have the opportunity to sample one you like while you are puzzling out your installation. While I would not turn up my nose to a good hefe, there is no need to reduce yourself to drinking Miller, Bud, etc., even while in America. Even the worst bars usually have something nice, even if it might not be cheap.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#39 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 12:11 PM

Ami bier schmeckt wie wasser.

We need to keep it english or people will start to get mad.

Flens is awesome beer, Werner rules!!

#40 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 01:37 PM

Well, there might be a problem in the BGT installation program that has currently a go-around with the installing, and the solution is to removing the BG I's Aliases in the (BG I)baldur.ini before installing the BGT, so :( to your old install. And you should install the BGT before TDD and SOS, TS-BP, or so I have heared, though I don't know if it has a effect on the matter. -_-

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.