Photo

[Release] Beregost Crash Fixer

• Please log in to reply
176 replies to this topic

#121 Kirvanan

Kirvanan
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 10:03 PM

The fixer program worked for me. Thank you very much!

Incidentally, I also had the 12 spell slot error.  I have a sorcerer with the Ring of Wizardry.

#122 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 01:53 AM

Yes, we are fortunate enough to have the corruption occurring in a specific place rather than random. I've been investigating the cause of this and I am making some good progress.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#123 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 01:47 AM

Temp files for http://forums.gibber...7&#entry165877.

Attached Files

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#124 -Scutilla-

-Scutilla-

Posted 23 April 2010 - 09:00 AM

Metathiax, i had the same problem. are you running windows 7? i found the .sav files here:

c:/ -> Users -> my "User Name" -> AppData -> Local -> Virtual Store -> Program Files (x86) -> BaldursGateTutu -> Save

i found these when searching for the files in the baldurs gate tutu directory. a the top bar you can select "Compatability Files". that shows you the save files and the root directory for them.

This was the case for me as well, though I'm running in Vista. Had me scrambling for about 20 minutes wondering why I couldn't find any of my saves in the normal BG folder. Maybe this info should be added to the front post and download?

#125 Eryks

Eryks
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 05:31 PM

Okay so hey at the beggining. I played this game for a rly long time and haven't got problem with Beregost, but now unlucky i got it... I tried your Fixer, but it doesn't work. My problem is the other as those here. Im getting crashed, while trying to go inside some building in Beregost, for example Jovial Juggler, but when Im entering some random house in Beregost there's no crash. I created new character fast runned to Beregost and it works. I tried with and without any mods, still same problem.
I'll upload my save here, could you take a look on it? Ah and I made a translation of your program and readme to polish.

Attached Files

#126 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 01:41 AM

I think this should no longer be happening as of the latest BGT (see here). Can you post the contents of your WeiDU.log so it says which version you have.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#127 Eryks

Eryks
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 04:52 AM

Well, I can't post WeiDU.log, because i reinstalled whole game (I didn't know about this Beregost bug before), but for sure I wasn't using latest version of BGT, it was some older one :/

Edited by Eryks, 23 May 2010 - 04:53 AM.

#128 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 05:00 AM

Updated to version 1.9.
- added Polish translation (by Eryks)

--------------
Retired Modder

#129 -mike-

-mike-

Posted 18 August 2010 - 12:19 PM

You rescued my evening! =D

#130 -Deedlit-

-Deedlit-

Posted 02 September 2010 - 12:10 PM

Hello and sorry for intruding on this forum.

Unfortunately i'm one of those unlucky creatures that incurred in the "hey,guess what,you can't access beregost in chapter 3 anymore,no ma'am" infamous crash;so everytime I basically try to access Beregost from any location on the map,my loading screen gets stuck and I hear the dreaded *dun!* sound of crashing.Before,I could access Beregost with no problem,and all my saves seem to work just fine.

I was overjoyed when I discovered this awesome fix; very much less so,when I found out that I can't run the fix in any way!
I tried it by doubleclicking,installing the newer JRE version (and uninstalling previous ones),rebooting,using the DOS strings,using the fixer.bat...you name it...nothing,there is just a dos window that flashes for a split of second,then nothing happens.

So I was adviced to post in these forums,and now i'm here,hoping that there will be a way to make it work somehow;I'm running on Windows XP,I'm using EasyTutu and I have npc project,npc project music,Xan friendship,Coran friendship,amaurea's portrait pack and rupert the dye trader modules installed currently (plus the degreenifier for easytutu and bg2fixpack for BGII,if that helps).

thanks a lot in any event and have a nice day :crying: (<--- tears of "please don't make me do my SIXTH reinstall and start over,pretty please with sugar on top).

Regards,

Deedlit

#131 -Deedlit-

-Deedlit-

Posted 02 September 2010 - 12:21 PM

P.S. I forgot to mention that,if I try to open it rightclicking and selecting java.exe from the list,it says "main class not found";I checked if the beregost[..].class was in asc folder,and it was there,so no clue :(

JRE is version 6 update 21.

#132 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 12:47 PM

I tried it by doubleclicking,installing the newer JRE version (and uninstalling previous ones),rebooting,using the DOS strings,using the fixer.bat...you name it...nothing,there is just a dos window that flashes for a split of second,then nothing happens.

This is probably a question for Ascension64 at this point, but try this:
1. Click on your Windows bar, Start, Run
2. Enter cmd where in the Open: field and click OK
3. Type cd C:\Tools\BeregFix (substitute the path for where you extracted this tool) and press Enter
4. Type dir and press Enter to make sure BeregostCrashFixer.jar is in that folder
5. Type java -jar BeregostCrashFixer.jar and press Enter

After a few seconds you should get the Java applet GUI. Best to make sure you have antivirus and firewall turned off as it could block it. If it works that way but not by double-clicking, you may have to associate .jar files properly with Windows (though the jre install should've done that).

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#133 -Deedlit-

-Deedlit-

Posted 02 September 2010 - 12:58 PM

This is what happens:

unable to access the jar file

When I try rightclicking on the file and selecting the program from a list,it says main class not found;I even tried de-compressing the other zip containing the other java scripts in the same folder,but nothing.

I even tried all the paths in the dos window (opened with run> cmd as you suggested) and did as showed in the topic);it always says unable to access.

The fixer.bat try resulted in dow window just flashing;drag&drop of the crashfixer.jar on the java.exe resulted in a dos windows flashing and closing in a blink.

Can this be an issue with Nod32?I don't have any other antivirus/firewalls,I'll try to put both java and crashfixer folders in exlusions and see what happens,but honestly I'm growing desperate,why it doesn't work only for me >_<

#134 -Deedlit-

-Deedlit-

Posted 02 September 2010 - 01:08 PM

Put all in exclusions,but still having same issues;even checked the jar with winrar,and the .class is there,so really no clue on what to do...I hope I don't have to give up on the game,but... :crying:

Is the file susceptible to language?Because my system runs in italian....that's all I can think of honestly...

#135 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 01:10 PM

unable to access the jar file

That means the .jar file isn't there. I just extracted the .zip file linked in the initial post, and got the following:

BeregostCrashFixer.jar
BeregostCrashFixer_de.txt
BeregostCrashFixer_de.txt
gpl.txt
src.zip

Now maybe you did something that *also* extracted the .jar file. That's not supposed to happen, as it is an executable .jar file. Try downloading and extracting it again. I used 7-Zip but any decent extraction tool should work.

#136 -Deedlit-

-Deedlit-

Posted 02 September 2010 - 01:21 PM

I can assure you I have the exact same files in my folder,and I already downloaded the fixer thrice till today;I manually extracted the src.zip in one of my attempts,to see if it could locate the main class finally,but obviously it didn't work.so far I'm still at a loss....

#137 -Deedlit-

-Deedlit-

Posted 02 September 2010 - 01:23 PM

Well,actually,errata corridge: I do have a different file,one of the txt is en not another de :P

#138 -Deedlit-

-Deedlit-

Posted 02 September 2010 - 02:00 PM

Found what the issue was,thanks to a friend of mine (who asked to be referred as my boytoy *laughs*)

apparently java doesn't like having spaces when it comes to folder names in jar commands,so basically all I had to do (either in the dos window or using a bat file),was ensuring that either the directory which cointained the BeregostCrashFixer.jar didn't have any spaces (as in,Program files,and the likes) or that the whole path was comprehended in "".

strangely enough,if I double click on the file,it still doesn't work,saying main class not found;using a bat file,on the other hand,or inputing the commands manually in a dos window,works like a charm :D

Basically,I suggest you do a bat file,basically following the instructions Tom already said,using a notepad and writing:

C:
CD Program Files\Java\jre6\bin
java -jar F:\CrashFixer\BeregostCrashFixer17\BeregostCrashFixer.jar
exit

(save as or rename as .bat!)

(and as tom explained)
Where C: is the directory you have java installed in
CD is the whole path to get to java.exe
F: is the path where you unzipped/unrared/etc your BeregostCrashFixer.jar <--- ENSURE THAT THIS PATH does not have spaces (like \Crash Fixer\ it's a no no!) or either everything is comprehended in "" ("F:\Crash Fixer\Beregost Crash Fixer17\BeregostCrashFixer.jar" is ok!)

hope this helps dummies like me;now i'm off to try and see if I can fix the crash,too!

Thanks a lot to everyone :)

#139 -Deedlit-

-Deedlit-

Posted 02 September 2010 - 02:53 PM

The fixer did its magic on my savegame,and now I can happily enter beregost again (damn corrupted actor!);no human word can express my gratitude for this fix,but a huge thank you ascension for it,and to you all for having listened to the problem :hug:

You made an old lady happy again :wub:

#140 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 08:40 PM

The fixer did its magic on my savegame,and now I can happily enter beregost again (damn corrupted actor!)

Not an actor, but a door offset out-of-bounds of all things, as A64 posted in his brilliant discovery.

That is odd if it's true java doesn't like spaces in path names. I routinely don't use them in paths (an old DOS/UNIX habit) but I'm sure most folks *will* have them because that's the default behaviour.