Photo

Tashia Romance Problem

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 ANOF

ANOF
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 10:42 AM

I've had a fair number of lovetalks from Tashia, and one of the last ones was where she declared she was making changes and moving on. Since then, though, there have been no talks at all. I've slept both indoors and outdoors in case that was the problem, but still nothing happened. The romance variable is still at 1, so the romance is not dead, but neither has it moved to the active part. What do I have to do to get things going again?

Thanks.

#2 Pain Elemental

Pain Elemental

Always here, just look harder.

• 643 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 05:27 AM

In what chapter are you? If you had all the lovetalks, you need to wait until chapter 6 before the romance continues.
After an eternity away from you all, I've returned.

#3 ANOF

ANOF
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 06:10 AM

I'm still in chapter 2 right now, as I'm doing as many quests as I can before moving on to Spellhold.

#4 Pain Elemental

Pain Elemental

Always here, just look harder.

• 643 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 12:37 PM

You'll have to wait around a bit, the romance only progresses to 2 when you get out of the underdark.
After an eternity away from you all, I've returned.

#5 ANOF

ANOF
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 01:11 PM

Ok, thanks.

#6 Lord Ernie

Lord Ernie
  • Modder
  • 755 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 06:27 AM

That, however, should not be the last lovetalk. It's been a long time since I've taken a look at Tashia, but IIRC the last lovetalk is the one about her losing her spells. Have you had the infamous dwarf encounter yet? If so, try using console (CLUAConsole:AdvanceRealTime()) shenanigans, or just wait a while longer.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move - Douglas Adams

I like persons better than principles, and I like persons with no principles better than anything else in the world - Oscar Wilde

Give a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. But set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

#7 ANOF

ANOF
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 06:52 AM

Yeah, I had that dwarf encounter, and I've had the talk about Tashia losing her spells. I replayed the dwarf one a couple of times because no matter how I played it, it always ended with Tashia telling me I should be more diplomatic.

#8 ANOF

ANOF
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 07:51 PM

Ok, I'm out of the Underdark and Tashia's ex showed up and she left with him. I'm not sure how to get things going again; I've tried resting indoors and outdoors, but I've not had the vision where it shows the next part of the romance. What do I need to do next?

#9 Lord Ernie

Lord Ernie
  • Modder
  • 755 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 01:13 AM

You don' t happen to have the faster cutscene component from the Ease-of-Use mod installed, do you? It kills the cutscene that shows you where to go.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move - Douglas Adams

I like persons better than principles, and I like persons with no principles better than anything else in the world - Oscar Wilde

Give a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. But set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

#10 ANOF

ANOF
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 06:01 AM

I have that part of EoU installed, yes, but I had it installed when I first went through the Tashia romance and the cutscene appeared that time with no problems. I did try going to the cave that appears in the cutscene, as I knew where to go next, but nobody is there.

#11 Lord Ernie

Lord Ernie
  • Modder
  • 755 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 07:53 AM

Obviously not, no, since things are done during the cutscene that are needed to set things up for the grand battle. Either uninstall the shorter cutscenes component, or use the BG2 Tweak Pack from G3 instead, which shouldn't have this problem. The Ease-of-Use one is a known issue since it overrides the BG2 script for Player1 that's fired on rest; if you didn't have this problem last time, that means you installed Tashia after the Ease-of-Use mod that time around.

#12 ANOF

ANOF
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 08:02 AM

Will uninstalling the shorter cutscence component get the romance going again or do I have to start all over again?

#13 Lord Ernie

Lord Ernie
  • Modder
  • 755 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 08:28 AM

I think you'll have to use a Save from before the kidnapping, but I'm not entirely sure. Either way, starting over shouldn't be necessary. Just uninstall and rest. If the cutscene doesn't trigger, try reloading a savegame from before the kidnapping, and rest.

Edited by Lord Ernie, 22 January 2007 - 08:29 AM.

#14 ANOF

ANOF
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 08:33 AM

I'll uninstall the component and hope for the best. My last Save before the kidnapping is way back in the Spellhold Dungeon, and I don't look forward to the possibility of having to go that far back.

#15 ANOF

ANOF
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 09:12 AM

Well, it worked and I killed the bad guy and brought Tashia back to life, but there is just one small problem; she wants nothing to do with me.

"Ugh...not you again!. I want nothing to do with you. Leave me be!"

Now what?

#16 Lord Ernie

Lord Ernie
  • Modder
  • 755 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 09:37 AM

Well... that means you screwed up somewhere, badly so. That one only appears when her happyness is very low indeed.

#17 ANOF

ANOF
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 10:00 AM

Anything I can to change it or is the romance screwed?

#18 Lord Ernie

Lord Ernie
  • Modder
  • 755 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 10:27 AM

Good question. Do you happen to have a low reputation or something? That's the only thing I can think of related to NPC happyness. This issue has been reported before, once, but I don't really know of a fix.

Hrmm... perhaps this could work. Try replacing the tashiap.d file in BG2 Directory\Tashia\Dialogues with the one I've attached, reinstall Tashia, and try again.

Attached Files

#19 ANOF

ANOF
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 10:32 AM

My reputation is 13.

Well, I did what you said, and this time she not only wanted nothing to do with me but she also walked off so I wasn't even able to Ctrl+Q to get her back in.

Edited by ANOF, 22 January 2007 - 10:56 AM.