Romance timer

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 OldVeteran

OldVeteran
  • 168 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 02:25 AM

Hey all,

I would just like to ask how I can speed up Fade's romance somewhat. I'm still on romanceactive 1 but I'm already out of the underdark with very few lovetalks ever happening and i've done most of the quests. So i wonder also whether I could have messed something up by Fade not being abducted by Bodhi.

In any case though, which script files do I have to edit to change the time between talks to say 15 mins (since I'm kind of at the end of SoA and do want to at least have a chance of finishing the romance) including flirts (as otherwise the timing seems wrong).

I probably could figure out which files, but I am not familiar with Infinity enough to know which numbers affect the right things.

Thanks in advance, Fade is a great romance in terms of writing, but its disappointing to get one talk every real time hour or longer!
--GhostNWN

#2 Lord Ernie

Lord Ernie
  • Modder
  • 755 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 04:53 AM

No need to edit script files to speed up the romance. It is a possibility, but I would advice just using the CLUAConsole. Just hit something like CLUAConsole:AdvanceRealTime(50000), and it should trigger the next talk.

As for Fade not being kidnapped... I'm not sure. I've never had it happen, and I don't know if Fade's final quest triggers when you haven't done her Bodhi quest.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move - Douglas Adams

I like persons better than principles, and I like persons with no principles better than anything else in the world - Oscar Wilde

Give a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. But set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

#3 Pain Elemental

Pain Elemental

Always here, just look harder.

• 643 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 05:33 AM

If I remember correctly, Fade did get bodinapped in my last playthrough. It's been some time ago, so I could be wrong but...
Did you happen to check the RomanceActiveGlobal in shadowkeeper before you confronted bodhi?
After an eternity away from you all, I've returned.

#4 OldVeteran

OldVeteran
  • 168 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 06:07 AM

Yes, its still on 1 and we are not just friends as e3fadefriendship is 0.
I didn't have any romances on 2 when I encounted Bodhi (I only did necessary quests to get Imoen back first and now focussing on all the side quests)

I wouldn't mind setting a few globals though to make Fade's bodhi kidnapping occur (not in the sense of going back to spellhold, but as if she had been kidnapped and I got her back - i am currently on my way to bodhi to kill her after exiting underdark)

I think the most recent LT i got from fade was her telling me about her escape from the Pasha btw.

Would advancing realtime via CLUA also trigger all other characters' dialogues btw?

Edited by OldVeteran, 17 January 2007 - 06:08 AM.

--GhostNWN

#5 Lord Ernie

Lord Ernie
  • Modder
  • 755 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 06:47 AM

Any dialogues that are based on realtime, obviously enough, yes. And keep in mind that if you haven't gone to Bodhi yet (or still have the Autosave before entering the area), you could accelerate the romance to get it to 2 (you'll know when) and still get the whole Bodhi kidnap. Believe me, it's worth it :).

Edited by Lord Ernie, 17 January 2007 - 06:47 AM.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move - Douglas Adams

I like persons better than principles, and I like persons with no principles better than anything else in the world - Oscar Wilde

Give a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. But set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

#6 Mistress Elysia

Mistress Elysia

Officially a Dirty Old Woman

• Modder
  • 575 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 08:21 AM

Oooh, lordie - you've got loads to go yet!! It takes her quite a long time to trust and build up a relationship, so there are quite a few global 1 talks (that and I'm a horribly loquacious modder who ended up with far more material than I probably needed... :whistling:)

Actually, the timer is something that has been changed for the next update, because there is a lot of material and only a finite amount of time to get it all. Bohdi only runs off with her if you're at Global 2. I usually just change the figure in her script (down from 2600 to anything between 500 and 1000 usually works), but CLUA works just as well.

Her final quest triggers in Chapter 6, but only near the 'end' of the SoA romance. If she's only just talking about the Pasha, I don't think you'd have had her first quest yet *desperately thinks back to try and figure out when that talk actually happens...*, which is one of the turning points in the whole relationship.

The Timely Resurrection of Fade!
Mistress Elysia's fantasy artwork.
Where Darkness Resides: A Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdark fanfic

I want to live, I want to experience the universe and I want to eat pie.

"Oh, little ice cream friends! Thog delays boredom-driven rampage only for you!"

#7 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 08:50 AM

Oooh, lordie - you've got loads to go yet!! It takes her quite a long time to trust and build up a relationship, so there are quite a few global 1 talks (that and I'm a horribly loquacious modder who ended up with far more material than I probably needed... :whistling:)

That is so cool. I'm going to have to give this mod a try one of these days. I like a lot of chatter.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#8 Mistress Elysia

Mistress Elysia

• Modder
  • 575 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 09:04 AM

Liking chatter is a good thing when playing the mod, I have to admit... I kind of get a bit over enthusiastic and end up writing stuff about absolutely everything. This is why Sil joined me - there was no way I could write and code - it'd taken me a decade to do both! (That and I, err, 'can't be trusted' around too much code... :whi:).

I do recommend that you want for the next version, though. In that, there is a bit more SoA content (some interjections, class specific stuff, NPC related stuff, one silly romance addition and hopefull - if I get it finished - more to the friendship track, including 2 completely new and different dialogues that are totally specific to the friendship and not based on any LT's or LT content. Hopefully, there will be more like this) as well as the first release of the ToB section (romance mainly, but there will be at least (she says...) 2 stand alone friendship dialogues too (not interjections - I also feel I need to add in that there will be more than 2 dialogues for the finished friendship path in ToB - that's just for the initial release) - I figured that whether she is romancing or not, she'd want to talk to the PC about what was going on). This is most definitely an 'ongoing' project, but it takes time because I am the only writer - it's why I concentrated on the romance first and then added friendship tracks etc in later. :)

"Oh, little ice cream friends! Thog delays boredom-driven rampage only for you!"

#9 OldVeteran

OldVeteran
  • 168 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 09:48 AM

Righto, its romanceactive 2 now. I am lurking about Atkathla and killed a few slavers when she was adbucted. Got her back and talked to her a while and a bit later she professed.

But now that she's romanceactive 2 and i'm way past spellhold, is it still possible to get the full romance or is it kind of borked now?

In any case, would you be so nice and let me know the state of all relevant globals when you are supposed to meet her in spellhold after being sent in by irenicus? I can just set those, run a bit of realtime, get the rest of the dialogue and finish bodhi (that's where I am now, waiting for some forum replies before having at bodhi)
--GhostNWN

#10 Mistress Elysia

Mistress Elysia

• Modder
  • 575 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 02:12 PM

As far as I know - as long as you are at Global 2, Bohdi will run off with her. The romance and how it progresses isn't tied to what chapter you are in - I wrote both global 1 and global 2 responses to everything in Spellhold and Underdark (as well as other interjections), so although the focus may be different (basically, she's a bit more 'wary' if you're still at the global 1 stage of the romance), no, you haven't borked the romance (good word, btw).

#11 OldVeteran

OldVeteran
  • 168 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 02:17 PM

Well as I said I was only at Global 1 when I first enountered Bodhi (talks take forever to appear and only happen in random [safe?] areas which can be almost never if you stay in one area to clear it out extensively) but it got to 2 after getting back to Atkathla from the underdark.

Since I got the last LT as you said in the other topic, I suppose I didn't miss too much, but I am quite sure I got a lot less than 64 LTs (last talk is LT64). Just would have liked to see the extra dialogue associated with her vampirism (not in the tra file but actually play it. Its tedious to figure out which response in the tra file links to which text)

So...figure you know the state the globals should be in after getting fade back from spellhold? I suppose I would get some extra diagloue then if I kill Bodhi in a few.
--GhostNWN

#12 Mistress Elysia

Mistress Elysia

• Modder
  • 575 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 02:24 PM

LT's are numbered evenly - there are 32 in all (excluding some interjection / area specific ones).

Her Bohdinapping is a bit different from the standard, so there is other stuff attached to that. And there's also more tied to her final quest (and the Tree of Life etc) - her last LT associated with her quest (last 'proper' LT of SoA) was written deliberatley to be cyclical in nature... without giving too much away, effectively, her SoA romance begins and 'ends' (although it obviously isn't 'finished' - it;s just the last LT) in the same place :).

Is her Bohdinapping not triggering? I normally have it so that global 2 has triggered by the time I leave the Underdark, but I have played it through where it wasn't, and as long as you're in g2 when you first enter the graveyard (when Bohdi would normally take your romance), she should take her, whether you hit g2 before or after the beginning of chapter 6.

#13 OldVeteran

OldVeteran
  • 168 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 05:17 PM

Sorry I'm being silly...my memory kept telling me the bodhi kidnap would happen before spellhold but I only now realized it happens when you actually confront bodhi herself..

Ignore me, will ya :)

Edited by OldVeteran, 17 January 2007 - 05:43 PM.

--GhostNWN

#14 Mistress Elysia

Mistress Elysia

• Modder
  • 575 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 11:20 PM

No problemo - I do things that that all the time (usually by forgetting the content of my own mod and the parameters I actually specified... it's ridiculous sometimes!) :)