Romancing NPCs

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Ail

Ail
  • 104 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 09:25 AM

Hi all,

I am running BGT-BP-Nej2 and a lot of other modules, too many to list here now (29 setup files). Among them, I have BG1NPC and NPCFlirts. I have Branwen, Jaheira and Khalid in my party. With BG1NPC, will Jaheira romance me (male human PC) while Khalid is alive or does he have to go first?

Also, when do the NPC-initiated flirts change? I have had a first set with lots of questions, then changed for a second reduced set where I always got the same answers and begins with an introduction saying I managed to talk alone with that PC, but then it is stuck there for ever, I mean, I always get the same options.

Thanks.

Alex

#2 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 09:32 AM

Jaheira is not available for a romance in BG1.

Branwen is available; her flirts change after the first ten lovetalks or so.

If you are playing a male PC, you can also romance Shar-Teel and Dynaheir. Read the Readme and the Romancing guide attached with the mod.

Other Bioware BG1 NPCs do not have flirts. Instead, they have player-initiated dialogue options. They do not change over the course of the game, though some of them may be chapter- and setting-related.

#3 Shining Light

Shining Light

Shining Light and the Rise of Smileyface

• 355 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 01:48 PM

Mind if I ask where you got these BG1 NPC and NPCFlirts mods from?
"Joy comes through suffering," Joneleth Silverstar,
"Life is when the Spirit prepares for the Ethereal," Gorion Ralethscar
"Death can only rule Supreme. Anyone who resists this is a fool"

#4 Alatariel

Alatariel

Inquisitor!

• 479 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 02:31 PM

Hmm... The BG1 NPC Project is available only for the BGTutu conversion, and you can dowload it at Gibberlings3. Read more at G3 forums, since here isn't the best place to ask. At spellholds the BG2 NPC Interaction Expansion Project is being developed however, so if you have any wishes and/or ideas you're welcome to post them in the right topic:).

Edited by Alatariel, 19 January 2007 - 02:33 PM.

'NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency! Our *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surpr-... I'll come in again.

NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!... Amongst our weaponry are such diverse elements as: fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope, and nice red uniforms - Oh damn!'

#5 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 02:51 PM

At the risk of contradicting Alatariel (great name, by the way... mind if I pinch it for a PC name?), the BG1 NPC Project is available for BGT. It's still in Beta status, but there are many satisfied customers, as they say.

I urge you to head over to the Gibberlings Three website to check out the Baldur's Gate NPC Project and other mods.

You can find them at

http://www.gibberlings3.net/

Edited by BGhead, 19 January 2007 - 02:52 PM.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#6 Alatariel

Alatariel

Inquisitor!

• 479 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 03:38 PM

Heh, I already posted the link, Berelinde (it's Berelinde, right?).

As for my nickname - of course, if you are playing female charname (a male it cannot be because of it's meaning) and want to name her Alatariel, feel free to do so. BTW, that name doesn't belong to me. Actually it is the *one and only* plagiarism I've ever done. I've taken it for nickname for my elven... 'alter-ego', you may say:). It's actually Lauretha 'Alatariel' Luinelle, the 'Alatariel' being Tolkien's creation. I've taken it because in that time it suited me... But that's not important - glad you like it, though. I really like the sound of it (you pronounce Alata-riel), and because my friends liked it so much, it clinged to me. So. It's my major screenname on web for about... (counts) 6 years now.
'NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency! Our *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surpr-... I'll come in again.

NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!... Amongst our weaponry are such diverse elements as: fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope, and nice red uniforms - Oh damn!'

#7 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 04:37 PM

Ah, so you did post the link. Oh well, duplicate postings are better than none.

Yeah, I've been a big Tolkien geek since I was nine, but anyway, I have been collecting elven names for pc's with different classes. I've been using:

Eleniel for clerics
Miriel for mages
Morwen for rangers
Vanya for female paladins (SK to the rescue! Who says you can't have an elven paladin?)
Saeldur for male clerics
Turin for male paladins (SK again!)
and a host of others

But I'd like to add Alatariel to my list of PC names.

For human names, I usually pick Celtic ones.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#8 Shining Light

Shining Light

Shining Light and the Rise of Smileyface

• 355 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 06:36 AM

Thanks, people. :)
"Joy comes through suffering," Joneleth Silverstar,
"Life is when the Spirit prepares for the Ethereal," Gorion Ralethscar
"Death can only rule Supreme. Anyone who resists this is a fool"