Something odd (posible spoilers)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 -Fell-Knight-

-Fell-Knight-

Posted 23 January 2007 - 02:21 AM

well first of all i like to congratulate Mistress Elysia (and all the people that helped you) for a NPC mod well done (sorry my English is kind of sucky, so if any of these sounds like a madman's rambling, probably it's :doh: )

well now to the businesses at hand :lol:, sometimes after combat with "insert monster name here"ends Fade tries to attack my pc, nothing serious i just select her and click somewhere else (telling her to attack something else or click on the ground)and it stops, but then again after the next combat she does the same, any idea to what may be causing this? (makes me feel like the poor girl needs glasses or something to tell monsters apart from main char)

also on a second note, this is not so much as bug report as much as a concern, (probably it was my own doing somehow). I was reading the forum when i came across some post reagarding some quest and eventsthat happens on CHAPTER 3, well i got concerned since iam almost at the end of chapter 5 (on my way back to the surface, all the drow city done) and so far said interactions haven't ocured in my game (help!) am i never gonna see them because i went to quickly to spell hold? it doesn't matter cuz they will be carried on when i get out? is there it some way to fix it? :woot: (if it needs fixing that its)

thnx in advance

pd: i have a bunch of mods installed, and a mean a lot, like maybe too many for my own good <_<
also fade its a really good mod, but if i may say so, but probaly you should change her alignment to C-G, she is two sweet and caring to be C-N, just a thought.

#2 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 04:32 AM

on the question of Fade attacking the party, this has (caveat: almost certainly) nothing to do with Fade and everything to do with the script you have assigned to Fade. what script have you assigned to her? try changing to, well, anything else, and see if the problem disappears. i'd by mightily surprised if it didn't.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#3 OldVeteran

OldVeteran
  • 168 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 05:13 AM

NPCs attacking you (especially party members) usually occurs when you damage them in some way, i.e. cast an AoE spell or they (or you) get under the effect of confusion or another mind affecting spell which causes them to randomly attack nearby targets.
I don't have the problem re-occuring though as you do (i.e. after every combat) but if you try to not damage them in any way next time, see if it still happens or not.
It shouldn't be too NPC script related (the default ones that is) as I usually have the entire party on standard attack (option 1)

[EDIT]
As for Fade's quests, you can do them whenever you wish, all of them except for the FedEx quest, which you have to do I think before going off to spellhold, but possibly after (haven't tried that).
All other quests can be done in chapter 6 even (I did basically did everything in 6)

Edited by OldVeteran, 23 January 2007 - 05:14 AM.

--GhostNWN

#4 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 23 January 2007 - 10:12 AM

Yeah i know about it. If the get damaged or get pick pocketed npcs (even those in your party) get angry and might try to hit the character that casted the spell or attacked em, but this is not the case. let me put an example:

we are taking on some goons (radom encounters when you move from area to area inside the city for the first few times). I make CHARNAME attack bad guy number 1, Fade to back stab Bad guy number 2, and Korgan to to take care of the rest. Now because my main char is fighter type he takes care of his opponent really quickly, korgan too, so they decide to go and help fade with hers, of course they succeed however the killing blow is not made by fade, so she turns around and automatically targets CHARNAME, some times she lands hit sometimes she doesn't....now it quickly ends if i click on her, or make her attack another bady that happens to be laying around or just click on a location, but is till a pain. About the Scripts parts, i downloaded eseries and gminion series, however i don't use them with fade, im running on her the game's default thief srcipt "Thief adventurer" (the one that makes you stay hide in shadows ready all the time) so i don't know what could be cauising it...

ps: btw thnx for letting me now about the other quest dont need to be made right away, the just "happen" i only did her Fedex quest and was kind of worried, maybe this deserves a place on the readme so rush to spellhols weenies like me don't get worried?

#5 -Fell-Knight-

-Fell-Knight-

Posted 23 January 2007 - 10:13 AM

Yeah i know about it. If they get damaged or get pick pocketed npcs (even those in your party) get angry and might try to hit the character that casted the spell or attacked em, but this is not the case. let me put an example:

we are taking on some goons (radom encounters when you move from area to area inside the city for the first few times). I make CHARNAME attack bad guy number 1, Fade to back stab Bad guy number 2, and Korgan to to take care of the rest. Now because my main char is fighter type he takes care of his opponent really quickly, korgan too, so they decide to go and help fade with hers, of course they succeed however the killing blow is not made by fade, so she turns around and automatically targets CHARNAME, some times she lands hit sometimes she doesn't....now it quickly ends if i click on her, or make her attack another bady that happens to be laying around or just click on a location, but is till a pain. About the Scripts parts, i downloaded eseries and gminion series, however i don't use them with fade, im running on her the game's default thief srcipt "Thief adventurer" (the one that makes you stay hide in shadows ready all the time) so i don't know what could be cauising it...

ps: btw thnx for letting me now about the other quest dont need to be made right away, the just "happen" i only did her Fedex quest and was kind of worried, maybe this deserves a place on the readme so rush to spellhols weenies like me don't get worried?